Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mauro Ranallo missed tonight's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view. Michael Cole, who filled in for Ranallo for the NXT World title match between Adam Cole and Pete Dunne, said that Ranallo was so passionate about last night's NXT TakeOver: WarGames event that he blew his voice out.

As we previously reported, Ranallo deleted his Twitter account following some tweets made by SmackDown color commentator Corey Graves during last night's event. Graves insinuated that Ranallo did not allow fellow commentators Beth Phoenix or Nigel McGuinness to speak enough, tweeting, "Just for the record guys, I know you wouldn't know it, but there's actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary. I'd imagine they have a lot to offer."

When another Twitter user asked Graves how many Chicago rap references Ranallo had made, Graves replied, "Far, far too many."

Ranallo, who has had a well documented battle with mental illness, deleted his Twitter account shortly after.

Michael Cole stated that Ranallo would be back for Wednesday's live NXT episode on the USA Network.

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/wwe-on-why-mauro-ranallo-missed-survivor-series-ppv-662659/
Corey Graves really is a big piece of fucking shit. Doesn't have the balls or stones to be the man that Mauro is. Fuck Graves.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm all against bullying but does criticism count as bullying these days ? It's not like he said Mauro was a very horrible commentator or mad jokes about him. I do think Nigel and Beth feel very transparent on commentator though, I don't quite know if it's to be put on Mauro or if it's just they are not that good

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
If one of your peers is known for SEVERE depression tied to mental illness and has a past where he had an issue with someone bullying him in the company, maybe don't publicly criticize and try to humiliate him in what is a STAGGERINGLY huge dick move. Seriously. If you don't like his work, it's not like you can't talk to him in person about your thoughts. What a shitty thing to do.

Shamrock's retweet was absolutely accurate. Graves is too comfortable with saying whatever dumb cunt thing he feels like without fear of being punched in the dumb cunt mouth.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I believe the voice thing. Graves shouldn't say anything on Twitter though or really at all. Mauro's calls have annoyed me a lot lately but he's been calling for over 20 years. Graves is what? Four years maybe?

·
Southern Pride
2,909 Posts
I didn't notice that Mauro was hogging the opportunities to talk on commentary. I felt like Nigel and Beth were given time to speak.

I like Graves, but is tweeting out about it really the right place to address how he feels to Mauro? Stop using Twitter as a form of communication when you can talk to them in person. Especially when Mauro is known to have mental battles.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,055 Posts
I know Mauro has his issues with mental illness, but the fact he deleted his twitter because of a genuine critique is absurd. Graves didn't insult him or talk shit about him, he just pointed out that Mauro was overbearing and didn't allow his fellow commentators to talk enough.

The World is getting to a pretty shit place if you cant even make genuine critiques anymore. Like there's a difference between bullying and making a critique on someones work. Like should we just pretend that everyone is perfect and everything anyone ever does is perfect?

Everyone on this forum talks shit about wrestlers they dont like.

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
I get that a lot of people find Graves to be a douche, but I didn't think his tweets were that bad. He didn't say anything inflammatory, abusive or mean about Mauro.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I know Mauro has his issues with mental illness, but the fact he deleted his twitter because of a genuine critique is absurd. Graves didn't insult him or talk shit about him, he just pointed out that Mauro was overbearing and didn't allow his fellow commentators to talk enough.

The World is getting to a pretty shit place if you cant even make genuine critiques anymore. Like there's a difference between bullying and making a critique on someones work. Like should we just pretend that everyone is perfect and everything anyone ever does is perfect?

Everyone on this forum talks shit about wrestlers they dont like.
Yeah we do. We don't work with them. Corey does. It's not just that he criticised him publically. It's the hypocrisy. When Corey was exposed by his ex about being a cheater he bitched about getting called out publicly. Yet he has the right to do that with his coworkers?

That's hypocrisy.

·
Southern Pride
2,909 Posts
I agree that people should take criticism better and not be so easily offended but I also feel like using the internet for communication when both guys would be in the same building the very next night isn't good either. If you don't like something, speak to them directly.

I'm not fully defending Mauro, in case it seems like I am. He does need to have thicker skin while in the wrestling business. I just feel like Graves needs to speak directly more instead of tweeting about them. There is a difference and the criticism can come off much more positively in person.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,676 Posts
I will be honest; I think they are both pussies.

Graves has proven time and time again to be a piece of shit human being, while Mauro is the most sensitive little vagina in the business.

If you have a problem, go get help but don’t expect the entire world to give you a pass.

Mauro needs thicker skin; Graves needs another concussion.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
There's a whole thread shitting on Mauro as a commentator but if Graves says anything he's a piece of shit right? Like, what!?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Beth and Nigel are pretty rubbish on commentary. You can tell King was getting annoyed at them during commentary.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Jesus Christ a little bit of criticism is NOT bullying. was Corey out of line publicly criticizing his coworker? absolutely but Mauro is acting like a real little bitch right now if thats the only thing that pissed him off. I have been a victim of bullying and some of these people would NOT survive what i went through before i popped one of the kids and got suspended.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ranallo isnt that great but Graves calling him out on social media is a classless move, compounded by the fact that Graves also sucks at his job. As for talking over Phoenix, good, she shouldn't be on commentary at all.

·
International Purveyor Of Violence
2,421 Posts
Sure, Graves was being an unprofessional cunt. What else is new? Ranallo letting some smart ass kid ruin his weekend though is all on him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts