Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- WWE officials are disappointed and puzzled that Brie Bella isn't getting over more as a babyface. They couldn't understand why there wasn't more sympathy for Brie when Tamina Snuka was beating her up this past week.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Really!? I wonder why?

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
Two reasons I think.

1. They greatly overestimate the power and popularity of Total Divas. It's not as popular as they think.

2. Because she's not AJ. And I'm serious when I say that. That's not a knock on anyone, it just is what it is. It's not something new either. WWF (at the time) tried a bunch of other girls who were more talented than Brie Bella such as Ivory or Jacqueline, and no matter what they tried the people were more interested in Trish and Lita. It' not something new.

Their best hope for a second female star is in NXT not on the current roster.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Maybe they should have her win the Royal Rumble and win multiple world titles. That will definitely get her over. :delrio

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Maybe because people don't care that she's sexing WWE's most likable star? Maybe it's because none of that GOAT charisma has rubbed off on her? Maybe it's because everything AJ said in her pipebomb was the absolute truth and the audience sided with AJ on it (incase the cheers weren't an obvious indicator). Maybe and this is just maybe, the audience is tired of just pretty faces and hot bodies with little else to offer and would actuallly like to see real women's wrestling? I mean I'm just saying.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
I'd add I think WWE has greatly underestimated what the audience wants. I know it's popular here to say "piss break" when a divas match happens, but why is that being said? Is that being said because people don't want to see a women's match? Or is it being said because the participants of the match are awful? I think it's the second one. Not all, obviously, but I think most would be fine in watching a female match if it was decent.

I think since the end of Trish/Lita/Molly/Ivory/Mickie etc WWE made the decision to go for eye candy in it's female ranks. And I think it's no coincidence it's the same time where the divas division went downhill and was seen as boring. You've got female wrestling talents in NXT and the most over WWE diva in AJ being interested in only wrestling, and now all of a sudden the divas division is picking up and generating more interest. Coincidence? I don't think so. The people want to see wrestling, not just eye candy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.