Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has released a list counting down the top 50 WCW wrestlers of all-time. Eligibility begins with Ted Turner’s purchase of World Championship Wrestling in 1988—anything from Jim Crockett Promotions and NWA predating this is ineligible. Those eligible were rated only on their accomplishments while in WCW, as well as everything from longevity to cultural impact.

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. “Hollywood” Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
9. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. “Psycho” Sid Vicious
15. “Stunning” Steve Austin
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
24. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
25. Eric Bischoff
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael “P.S.” Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett
I would put Hogan & Flair above Sting. Sting was the top guy for just 1 year. List is biased.

– Lance Storm, who placed No. 32 in WWE.com’s “Top 50 WCW Superstars” list, offered his thoughts on the feature via Twitter: “Don’t bother sending me the WCW Superstars list. I don’t care. Its one dude making a list, it means nothing.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Jeff Jarrett #50? :lmao Go to hell WWE. This is the same company that said Lay-Cool was a better tag team than the Steiner Brothers.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Austin is far too high up.

Ahead of eddie, chris, ricky, simmons etc.

BS.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
In comparison it's a lot better then most "Top" Lists. I'd change a few minor things around but overall it looks good.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
I would put Hogan & Flair above Sting. Sting was the top guy for just 1 year. List is biased.
How is the list biased? Sting was the top guy for years, definately from 1991-1993. The company centered around him since it left NWA and he remained loyal and didn't get caught up with the politics.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
The top 10 sounds about right, and of course the list is biased - it's just one or a few guys ranking them based on their opinions

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
typical Austin/WWE machine bullshit.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Yeah I'd put flair above sting, and overall this list sucks...bischoff is 25? For realzies? Above raven And Kidman...huh? How the fuck is Austin that high up? Vader not in the top ten? This list is Pure fuckery :lol buff bagwell higher than Muta...:lmao The top 10 is decent enough but this list is caca no doubt about it...

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
50. Jeff Jarrett

:vince2

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Flair should be number 1 as WCW was built around Flair as champion. Even after Flair left for WWF, then came back they immediately put the belt back on him because Sting wasn't drawing as well as Flair consistently did at that time. Sting should be number 2, then Hogan number 3 on the strength of the Hollywood Hogan and NWO angles.

Lex Luger being so high up on the list is a joke. If Luger had never been in WCW at all it wouldn't have changed anything of significance. Overall the list isn't too far off. Just a few tweaks here and there that can be debated.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
lolWWElists

But anyway, I'm glad that my favorite wrestler of all time is listed as #1.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
It's obvious Flair was champion so many times because of his political power but Sting was always his main rival.

I'm assuming this list is based on impact these guys had in WCW and not whether they put on 5 star matches.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Austin is far too high up.

Ahead of eddie, chris, ricky, simmons etc.

BS.
(Y)

It's ridiculous how WWE put him ahead of Ricky Steamboat,Rey Mysterio,The Giant,Eddie Guerrero,Chris Jericho and Ron Simmons.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Bitchoff and Rodman have no place on that list.

Jarrett at #50 seems about right.
:vince2

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
My only gripe is Nash being listed above DDP, Luger and Booker T.

Nothing below 10 matters and the top 4 are pretty spot on.

Where the F is DDP? Honestly. Austin was nothing in WCW and he is on there but a 3 time champ like DDP is not? Makes no sense.
DDP is at number six. And Austin was pretty strong at the tag team and mid card division, surprised he's not slightly higher.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The thing is that list isn't actually about the best "wrestlers" in terms of actual in ring ability and more of their impact on the company once it became WCW which is why people like Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, Sid Vicious and Booker T are featured so high. As far as impact on the company and the biggest storylines which led to HUGE ratings and the best buyrates the company ever saw people like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko are nowhere near the same level.

Once WCW had left NWA and gone on their own Sting was the man the company was built around from 1990 through to Hulk Hogan arriving in mid 1994 and then from late 1996 onwards they built the company jointly around Sting and Hulk Hogan and the build up to their feud and match. If you look from Starrcade onwards you could argue that Sting was involved in the bigger feuds and storylines than Hulk Hogan but seeing as Sting was the main man from 1990 to 1994 and then again from late 1996 to mid 1998 he is rightfully number one.

Ric Flair at number two is probably based more on his achievements from NWA but you couldn't not have him at number two as his career is forever linked with Sting and outside of Sting/Hogan the Sting/Flair feud is the biggest WCW ever saw and actually lasted longer. Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Scott Hall, Randy Savage and Vader were all involved in the biggest storylines for many years during their ones whilst Booker T and Scott Steiner were there long term and part of the two best tag teams of the WCW era as well as going on to become WCW champion at some point in their career.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts