Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how all of them were eliminated, causing a shitstorm. People were expecting and hoping they would go to the main event but here they are now, pushed back into the midcard, let me go ahead and say this, both ambrose and Bryan are back to default, where they used to be years ago. This is quite frankly their lowest point of their career. Seriously how the fuck did this happen? Who is to be blamed for his? Wwe has dropped the ball with these guys, I know some people still have hope, but let's be honest here, there is no way these guys are going to main event in the coming years. I am a wrestling fan but I'm not sure if I can continue to watch this product for long.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Re: WWE officially dumped Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan into the midcard at rumble

If you didn't see those 3 having mid card status at WM, then you're blind.

·
Banned
1,266 Posts

Nah...its just because of Wrestlemania PPV.

One mania is over, the star attractions will be gone and these guys will be back in the upper tier- main event picture. You can't blame WWE, these guys aren't big enough names to sell wrestlemania.

Ziggler is a midcarder for life anyway.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

Well duh, what a pointless thread

Though Bryan will be pushed to the Main Event again over 2015, so good news to you Bryan freaks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just hope that if both those guys are in the ladder match at mania, they steal the show and prove they belong at the top. They are both wicked talented and being in the match together could easily be match of the night.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Not everybody can be in the main event. Some guys are going to need to fill some lower card matches at the show. Every top star has had mid-card Mania matches in the past it's not a new phenomenon.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

6 months ago "why doesn't the WWE pay any attention to the mid-card any more?"

"Oh, Ziggler, Byran and Ambrose are on the mid-card, that sucks"

·
Banned
1,266 Posts

Both of them are not only more talented, but also better for business than Roman Reigns. Bryan showed it during last year's RTWM and shortly thereafter, and Ambrose showed it during the short period during which Reigns was sidelined with his injury.

But what can you expect? Over the last 10-15, it's been apparent from looking at their financials that Vince is mainly interested in generating enough income to stay afloat, not to maximize profit. He simply wants to push the guys he likes regardless of how good/bad they are for business.
The idea that pushing Daniel Bryan, who has already peaked, no bigger star than he was before WM 30 and someone who future is uncertain due to injuries- as the next face of WWE by defeating Brock freaking Lesnar at the main event of Mania and that would lead to WWE maximizing profits...is absolutely laughable and highly delusional.

He can do this because of the lack of competition.
Nope... he can do that because Bryan is expendable. Vince understands Bryan is not a difference maker despite his crowd reactions and someone who can't be relied upon for long term value.

Its not Vince Mcmahon's fault that you marks are in denial. The chants are far more over than Bryan, especially outside of WWE and the man is not a draw on the level he is needed to be. He is just another run of the mill top guy who rides the WWE brand.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say, if WWE had competition kicking their ass, someone like Bryan who does nothing but ride the brand wouldn't even get pushed as a main event name in the first place. IN a lot of ways, you people should be thanking the monopoly WWE holds over the industry.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts

Ziggler is in free fall right now in terms of his position on the card. I think Bryan will be maineventing again soon, probably not too long after Wrestlemania. I'm not too sure about Ambrose. He's been a midcarder since way before the rumble, I would say since Rollins beat him at HIAC. Since then he's been getting beat by Wyatt and feuding for the IC title. Not looking great for him.

·
Registered
548 Posts

To be honest, I am okay with this, for now. Yes I would love to see all of them in the ME, but if they are really trying to add more prestige to the IC title, having DB, Ambrose, and Ziggler fighting over it will do it a lot of good. Having three of the most over people fighting for that belt, in my eyes, well help make the title mean something again. I have stated many times that back in good ol' days being in upper-mid card was not a bad thing. People cared as much about who was IC champ as who was World champ. I remember marking out when Bret Hart won his first IC title, when Scott Hall won it, when HBK won it, etc.

The IC title has a lot of history behind it. The commentators talking about how important it is a good thing. They are doing as much as they can, but unfortunately today, people just don't seem to care about the commentators so their words don't carry much weight. Though they could do better at trying to sell it. If they shouted more when someone win the IC title like they do when someone wins the WWE title, it would seem like a bigger deal. If they'd be like, "OMG! Dean Ambrose has done it! We have a new IC champ ladies and gentlemen! This is a pivotal moment in his career!" Stuff like that. Treat it like someone just won the WWE title, make it a big deal.

It would be awesome if they had tournaments for the IC belt. Have 8 top people like DB, Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, etc. compete in an 8 man tournament and the winner gets to face the IC champ at the next PPV and give whoever's feuding over the belt more TV time like they are doing with Ambrose right now. The IC title is important. It used to main event PPVs from time to time.

It really does sadden me that people look at winning the IC title as a burial or something and not like at it as a push if someone who was in the ME started chasing after it. Arguably the best match in WWE history, Bret Hart vs the British Bulldog at Summerslam in the main event was for the IC title and the pop they got from the crowd was insane. Make it the ME on Raw every now and then and give it more time on PPVs and people will starting thinking it's a big deal, like it should be.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts

6 months ago "why doesn't the WWE pay any attention to the mid-card any more?"

"Oh, Ziggler, Byran and Ambrose are on the mid-card, that sucks"
Those are main event stars being tossed into the mid card , that is not what people are talking about and you know that.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts

The idea that pushing Daniel Bryan, who has already peaked, no bigger star than he was before WM 30 and someone who future is uncertain due to injuries- as the next face of WWE by defeating Brock freaking Lesnar at the main event of Mania and that would lead to WWE maximizing profits...is absolutely laughable and highly delusional.

Nope... he can do that because Bryan is expendable. Vince understands Bryan is not a difference maker despite his crowd reactions and someone who can't be relied upon for long term value.

Its not Vince Mcmahon's fault that you marks are in denial. The chants are far more over than Bryan, especially outside of WWE and the man is not a draw on the level he is needed to be. He is just another run of the mill top guy who rides the WWE brand.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say, if WWE had competition kicking their ass, someone like Bryan who does nothing but ride the brand wouldn't even get pushed as a main event name in the first place. IN a lot of ways, you people should be thanking the monopoly WWE holds over the industry.

Yup the good old BS argument is the chats are over not DB despite DB always being near the top in merch sales and him getting the loudest pops every night

But again Austin wasnt over either 3:16 and WHAT is what was over.

·
Registered
193 Posts

some may not agree with me but Bryan was dumped into the mid card at Fast Lane. he main evented with Reigns and had main evented Extreme Rules and Mania winning the title. He was in the main event scene in 2013 as well and will continue to hover just below it for right now. There are only 2 guys that are in the main event scene right now and thats because they are feuding for the title, as it should be. since theres only one top title, there shouldnt be 15 guys that should be main eventing. what i mean by this is althought i would love to see ziggler, ambrose, and bryan all get chances with the title, i also think its a GREAT way to bolster the mid card. Ambrose made the IC title look so boss the other day walking down with it taunting Barrett and Cena/Rusev is elevating the US title to heights it hasn't seen since in years. I actually give a fuck about it for the first time since MVP held it. im not saying that these guys arent main even material but the mid card needs important high profile feuds.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

Nothing wrong with great wrestlers being in the mid-card, especially the upper mid-card where they'll have the chance to occasionally pop into a main event storyline, ala Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts

The only reason they pushed Ziggler was because Roman Reigns was out. They had to have someone be a top face and Ziggler filled in for Roman.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts

To be honest, I am okay with this, for now. Yes I would love to see all of them in the ME, but if they are really trying to add more prestige to the IC title, having DB, Ambrose, and Ziggler fighting over it will do it a lot of good. Having three of the most over people fighting for that belt, in my eyes, well help make the title mean something again. I have stated many times that back in good ol' days being in upper-mid card was not a bad thing. People cared as much about who was IC champ as who was World champ. I remember marking out when Bret Hart won his first IC title, when Scott Hall won it, when HBK won it, etc.

The IC title has a lot of history behind it. The commentators talking about how important it is a good thing. They are doing as much as they can, but unfortunately today, people just don't seem to care about the commentators so their words don't carry much weight. Though they could do better at trying to sell it. If they shouted more when someone win the IC title like they do when someone wins the WWE title, it would seem like a bigger deal. If they'd be like, "OMG! Dean Ambrose has done it! We have a new IC champ ladies and gentlemen! This is a pivotal moment in his career!" Stuff like that. Treat it like someone just won the WWE title, make it a big deal.

It would be awesome if they had tournaments for the IC belt. Have 8 top people like DB, Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, etc. compete in an 8 man tournament and the winner gets to face the IC champ at the next PPV and give whoever's feuding over the belt more TV time like they are doing with Ambrose right now. The IC title is important. It used to main event PPVs from time to time.

It really does sadden me that people look at winning the IC title as a burial or something and not like at it as a push if someone who was in the ME started chasing after it. Arguably the best match in WWE history, Bret Hart vs the British Bulldog at Summerslam in the main event was for the IC title and the pop they got from the crowd was insane. Make it the ME on Raw every now and then and give it more time on PPVs and people will starting thinking it's a big deal, like it should be.
The title is trash and we look at it as a burial because of how WWE has booked the past 5 years.

They're not even showing Ambrose's backstage promos on television. They don't care about the title and neither should we.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts

Yup the good old BS argument is the chats are over not DB despite DB always being near the top in merch sales and him getting the loudest pops every night

Don't compare Austin's rise to Bryan's because Austin's wave and momentum was a monster that couldn't be stopped and it was way bigger than Bryan's would have ever been.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

Nah...its just because of Wrestlemania PPV.

One mania is over, the star attractions will be gone and these guys will be back in the upper tier- main event picture. You can't blame WWE, these guys aren't big enough names to sell wrestlemania.

Ziggler is a midcarder for life anyway.
Except according to vince, Wrestlemania itself is the draw...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Banned
1,266 Posts

If he is so mainstream that people at mainstream sporting events are chanting "YES!" specifically associating with the WWE superstar, Daniel Bryan...then please explain how Bryan is not even a difference maker for the company? why are his numbers so damn average and he could easily be replaced by any main event star? even by someone like Ambrose or Ryback could replace him...why is that? near the top merch sales is what we call average. Again, he gets biggest reactions, why isn't he topping the merch sales? Why is Cena selling 5x times the merch that he is still?

Austin actually drew, and not just draw but changed the game, changed the face of american pro-wrestling. Get a clue pal.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts