Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE announced today that they are unlocking a vast portion of the WWE Network library for a limited time.

Starting today, WWE is extending free access to thousands of hours of extraordinary on-demand content, including every WrestleMania in history, past pay-per-views, original documentaries and more.
The two-night WrestleMania 36 event is only available to WWE Network subscribers. However, this offering allows fans worldwide to watch all of the past WrestleManias as well as every Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series event; every NXT TakeOver and NXT UK TakeOver; and originals such as the entire WWE 24 docuseries, Steve Austin's Broken Skull Sessions interview show, the recent five-episode WWE Ruthless Aggression series, and its 20-episode predecessor, The Monday Night War series.

Recent episodes of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown, every episode of WWE Untold, and the A Future WWE: The FCW Story documentary are also included.
To start watching now for free, visit watch.wwe.com and create your account to start streaming on your favorite device.
WrestleMania 36 airs on the WWE Network next Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5 at 7 ET/4 PT.
Source: WWE Offering Most Of Their Network Content For Free - Wrestling Inc.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,776 Posts
They're just following suit with what everyone else is doing. A lot of companies are opening up their archives to people as a show of goodwill and empathy during the quarantine. I give these people no respect or credit for anything these days.

·
6,776 Posts
I don't see Netflix doing this though.
That's because they are thriving right now with everyone being at home. Subscriptions have probably tripled. WWE can't say the same. I'm talking about businesses that can't market their services/products at the same level, such as the Digital Marketer brand or the NBA who is also giving free access to their full game archives.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
That's because they are thriving right now with everyone being at home. Subscriptions have probably tripled. WWE can't say the same. I'm talking about businesses that can't market their services/products at the same level, such as the Digital Marketer brand or the NBA who is also giving free access to their full game archives.
Fair enough. I still think WWE is ridiculous holding WrestleMania though, but others seem to feel different. I mean countries are pulling out of the Olympics, but WWE still forcing their big show lol.

·
6,776 Posts
Fair enough. I still think WWE is ridiculous holding WrestleMania though, but others seem to feel different. I mean countries are pulling out of the Olympics, but WWE still forcing their big show lol.
I agree, I think its for storyline issues mostly. If they postpone it till Summer, they'd have to extend these storylines another 3-5 months, and that's assuming that things die down.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I agree, I think its for storyline issues mostly. If they postpone it till Summer, they'd have to extend these storylines another 3-5 months, and that's assuming that things die down.
If this were back in the 1980's I could see the argument about the storylines being pushed back a year or two because in those days they use to stretch things out a year or two. In 2020 though? They can burn through these angles in 2 weeks if need be with all the programming slots they have AND their own Network.

I would think this issue is the least of their problems for why they are not postponing especially now they could just do angles in empty arenas and force their vision on fans sitting at home without backlash in arenas.

·
6,776 Posts
If this were back in the 1980's I could see the argument about the storylines being pushed back a year or two because in those days they use to stretch things out a year or two. In 2020 though? They can burn through these angles in 2 weeks if need be with all the programming slots they have AND their own Network.

I would think this issue is the least of their problems for why they are not postponing especially now they could just do angles in empty arenas and force their vision on fans sitting at home without backlash in arenas.
True, that's probably part of why they are doing it now too, or why Vince is doing it now. He knows that he can force his vision and get Roman to win the title in the main event without a chorus of boos, something he has been trying to do for 5 years. That vision matters to him more than any other storyline. Who knows, Charlotte might even win now.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
True, that's probably part of why they are doing it now too, or why Vince is doing it now. He knows that he can force his vision and get Roman to win the title in the main event without a chorus of boos, something he has been trying to do for 5 years. That vision matters to him more than any other storyline. Who knows, Charlotte might even win now.
This as well.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The more Braun speaks the less I like him. He's very brash and loud and obnoxious. His personality rubs me the wrong. That and he's a far right conservative republican with a big mouth, patriotic, nationalistic, self centered, kills animals for fun brags about being a "meat castle". He's like the annoying jock in school. And to be honest I'm not one to dislike someone over political opinions but he just talks too much shit.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
The more Braun speaks the less I like him. He's very brash and loud and obnoxious. His personality rubs me the wrong. That and he's a far right conservative republican with a big mouth, patriotic, nationalistic, self centered, kills animals for fun brags about being a "meat castle". He's like the annoying jock in school. And to be honest I'm not one to dislike someone over political opinions but he just talks too much shit.
Wrong thread??

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
This will be useful for me during this period. Thank you Vince! Always thinking of the fans even if most of us don't appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts