Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
15,994 Posts
Ratings will drop under 1 mil next week. WWE will likely change course and throw in some main roster talent not used unless they are okay with failing ratings. Problem is no stars, hardly any good mic work their first show was a letdown and kept no casuals. They should have tried to appeal to masses not their niche few. Least Jericho alone is more known than all of NXT. True.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S.'ing THE NUMBERS.

You can't expect to only show wrestlers that the casuals do not know and not have any storylines or promos developed and expect to retain ratings especially when the rival does have recognizable names and is actually building storylines

800k next week is my prediction for nxt

·
Registered
15,994 Posts
You can't expect to only show wrestlers that the casuals do not know and not have any storylines or promos developed and expect to retain ratings especially when the rival does have recognizable names and is actually building storylines

800k next week is my prediction for nxt
I agree. I'm expecting 700-800,000 next week.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I know after watching Lee and Djakovic flop around like idiots I turned it off. Stop insulting my intelligence.

I swear to god I did the same thing. I knew I wasn’t getting any more big time fights lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewership & Demo ( 9/25/19 Vs 9/18/19 ):
1.006M Vs 1.179M ( - 0.173M / - 14.67% )
0.320D Vs 0.430D

Note: NXT is 8th by demo & 31st by viewership.

Note: NXT ( 9/18/19 ) was 4th by demo & 19th by viewership.

Non related but no sunny in Philadelphia in the top shows on FX? I’m curious what I did against South Park and horror story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

It will be interesting when viewership drops to between 500K and 650K, does WWE course correct and realize that:

1) A promotion that features a dimly lit, smallish arena with just generic everymen engaging in lengthy matches is not going to attract anything outside of a niche audience, and is not the counter to AEW
2) That turning RAW and Smackdown into NXT is not the future
3) That making NXT equivalent to RAW and Smackdown - up to and including having Adam Cole wrestling Johnny Gargano in the main event of WrestleMania is not the best possible course

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,450 Posts

It's funny that NXT dropped so much in the demo but retained their 50+ year old crowd, NXT is supposed to be the hot brand for cool, young people, aren't younger wrestling fans supposed to appreciate pure in-ring content more?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's funny that NXT dropped so much in the demo but retained their 50+ year old crowd, NXT is supposed to be the hot brand for cool, young people, aren't younger wrestling fans supposed to appreciate pure in-ring content more?
Well, if you were a fan of Verne Gagne’s AWA you would probably find NXT as your promotion reborn. HHH plays the role of retired, while the lack of lighting and no frills characters entirely mimic the American Wrestling Association.

·
16,450 Posts

Well, if you were a fan of Verne Gagne’s AWA you would probably find NXT as your promotion reborn. HHH plays the role of retired, while the lack of lighting and no frills characters entirely mimic the American Wrestling Association.
Now that's interesting... How many AWA guys went on to be stars/maintain their stardom in Vince's WWF?

I ask because it feels like HHH isn't trying to send Vince guys he would like, he's not developing guys as characters and promos and it feels like he's setting them up for failure. HHH is hurting the wrestlers, hurting the fans, and hurting the company by churning out tons of guys Vince won't use and if it's all in service to recreating the wrestling of his youth, then HHH really is WWE's all time greatest heel.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

Now that's interesting... How many AWA guys went on to be stars/maintain their stardom in Vince's WWF?

I ask because it feels like HHH isn't trying to send Vince guys he would like, he's not developing guys as characters and promos and it feels like he's setting them up for failure. HHH is hurting the wrestlers, hurting the fans, and hurting the company by churning out tons of guys Vince won't use and if it's all in service to recreating the wrestling of his youth, then HHH really is WWE's all time greatest heel.
I've said this before - I don't think that Paul Levesque is the next Vince McMahon - I think he is the next Verne Gagne. I could easily be wrong, but the way NXT is set up and what it emphasizes is similar to what Verne promoted. Perhaps with a dash of early 80s Crockett Promotions thrown in to boot.

As for the look, NXT reminds me a lot of early 80s AWA and NWA. It's not something that when you run across it would serve to make it look major league to a casual viewer.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts

This isn’t complicated.

People are burnt out. The “Wwe universe” has been spread too thin. 7 hrs of programming is too much. NXT was always a niche product. Paul wanted the boutique wrestling audience and that’s what he got. He never expanded further.

Hopefully while the WWE lines are weak a concentrated effort from one promotion that wasn’t content being boutique will rise up and attack with the creative fury prowrestling fans want.

We’ll learn in the coming weeks and months if Vince McMahon’s sports entertainment has killed prowrestling in America and the numbers will never come back or if a new upstart can rise and take back the throne, reclaim the mantle of prowrestling.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts

NXT is just not that interesting to most. Then there are WWE fans who for years see their favorites go to the main roster and fail (or just linger on the MR). There is a big emphasis on Women's Wrestling these days and let's be honest it is not a draw. I like some of the women but as a whole most fans are not tuning in to see them. I look for about 900k viewers for NXT next week (at least the first hour). AEW is really hard to judge I have been told that my connection in WWE is telling me they expect 500-600k viewers for AEW with a max of 750k. I think they are partaking in wishful thinking. I think they pull in 1.25M give or take a 100k.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts

Honestly the second hour of the first nxt on usa show would be been more effective than what they showed in the first hour.

The Imperium challenge to Kushida to find two mystery partners gives the viewer a reason to tune in next week as well as the Dain/Riddle fight being a no contest adds intrigue, and in-between that you have a promo segment between UR and Dream and set up a title match for the 10/2 show...

Then this week you have The Imperium vs Kushida and Breezango and Dain vs Riddle on tv this week with both of them having been previously built to the new fan.

It's basic fucking booking and HHH botched it, I know everyone thinks he would save wwe if he took over from Vince but with him doing basic booking errors like this can you really say that with 100% conviction?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

NXT is just not that interesting to most. Then there are WWE fans who for years see their favorites go to the main roster and fail (or just linger on the MR). There is a big emphasis on Women's Wrestling these days and let's be honest it is not a draw. I like some of the women but as a whole most fans are not tuning in to see them. I look for about 900k viewers for NXT next week (at least the first hour). AEW is really hard to judge I have been told that my connection in WWE is telling me they expect 500-600k viewers for AEW with a max of 750k. I think they are partaking in wishful thinking. I think they pull in 1.25M give or take a 100k.
That connection is going to be stunned when AEW draws 1.7M in Week 1. Here's the thing:

1) AEW and NXT both share in part the same core audience. NXT can be watched later, on the Network. There is no Network for All Elite, and its a brand new program. That core audience will favor AEW

2) There is a tremendous number of lapsed wrestling fans, including fans driven away over the last few years by WWE's booking strategy. You saw them come back in for the RAW Reunion show. You saw them for the RAW 25th Anniversary show. If AEW can attract a portion of them, they'll easily exceed 1M and get closer to 2M.

However, this is a week 1 prediction. I expect that even with good booking, AEW settles into a 1.2M per week average.

·
16,450 Posts

Why the cheap shot at women's wrestling? NXT might have created the women's revolution but it features very little women's wrestling these days.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,581 Posts

I'm sure the EPIC return of EPIC wrestler Johnny EMOTE Gargano will really spike the ratings :lmao :lmao :lmao
You're literally the only one on here who's made that claim about (the epic) Johnny Gargano, and even that was just sarcasm :lelfold

·
Registered
6,466 Posts

Is USA going to panic if they hit below 1 million viewers consistently?

101 - 120 of 467 Posts