Wrestling Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1043 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
I saw a post elsewhere online about the drop, and it's hard to disagree. They pointed out that the quality of the talent featured in the NXT Women's Division has dropped significantly. Along with the storytelling and gimmicks. The main focal point of the division right now is Toxic Attraction. Who is headed up by Mandy, who always ends up with the generic pretty girl gimmick. And Toxic Attraction relies heavily on sex appeal. Meanwhile you have women like Ember Moon, Sarray, Dakota Kai (who is probably getting called up, but for the time being is still assigned to NXT), and others just...vanishing, which very few people like.

In regards to my statement about sex appeal earlier, if it wasn't for the fact that outside of a fringe case here or there (Scarlett comes to mind), NXT never actually heavily relied on sex appeal for the women when it comes to actual wrestling/character work. Toxic Attraction is basically a divas era level gimmick, complete with the lack of talent. That B-Fab vs Elektra match was a trainwreck. And I can't say that people are going to get into the Mandy vs Raquel feud either. Neither woman is interesting.
I feel like Elektra Lopez has something for both the fans of good women's wrestlers, and fans who enjoy sex appeal. I also think they have featured a lot of women in general recently, but because of what we both discussed, women did not initially tune in expecting to see that kind of spotlight on women's wrestling. This just goes to show how important the female demographic is, and why AEW fans should stop ignoring it while only focusing on the 18 to 49 males. Hopefully next week will be different after all the positive reviews.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
But the anti wrestling fans said more people would watch this than the old nxt didn’t they?
There is nothing wrong with what they do now but it is not a product they should show on national television. There are also some people there who has nothing in common with the current show. I think the draft will clean up the remainings, either main roster call ups or future releases.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
That 0.14 could get them cancelled. I mean they were 32nd in cable on the night. That's terrible. And they have no competition. No other wrestling show on. They are doing as bad as numbers as when they were directly against AEW.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,374 Posts
MoRe PeOpLe ArE WaTcHiNg ThE sHoW nOw ThAt ThEy DeVeLoP cHaRaCtErS (they said).
I warned that the other weeks were only because of the first 2 shows since the reboot.
No more bragging about NXT's numbers after one week? What happened?

:LOL:
After the first week I've been told that people enjoyed it and they also have reasons to come back.
I guess it was just an attempt at humor.
Quoted because I find the bigger drop in ratings for this past week’s episode of NXT 2.0 to be hilarious.

Some of us even called them dropping back to their usual numbers 2 weeks ago 😂

Anyway, I suppose the newer talents with “characters/stories” are the charisma vacuums then, right?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Bron Breakker wasn't really featured last week. I'd expect numbers to be better with him. Its a developmental show now, I don't expect it to set the world on fire, but I'd bet when guys start to get established somewhat it will do better than the old NXT.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am glad that now they develop characters, so more people want to see the show. Now, seriously, it was expected when the in-ring wrestling is so poor and time limited.

For this type of product they should be on the WWE Network and not on national television.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I am glad that now they develop characters, so more people want to see the show. Now, seriously, it was expected when the in-ring wrestling is so poor and time limited.

For this type of product they should be on the WWE Network and not on national television.
They won't remain there for too long. But I honestly expected a bigger drop, kudos to them for maintaining it decent.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
They won't remain there for too long. But I honestly expected a bigger drop, kudos to them for maintaining it decent.
And it should go slightly up in the next 3 weeks till Halloween Havoc, but then i think that will go back to this number. Let´s see how Bron Breakker reign goes, that is their only hope, not Mandy tits.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Between callups and pregnancies the "greatest women's division in the entire world" has been utterly decimated and reduced to a skeleton crew.
I feel sorry for Io still being there. At this point she occupies a spot that she doesn't even need and I kind of doubt she wants it.

·
Custom User Title
7,007 Posts
I mean if you've looked at the advertising over the past three weeks, lets see who has been the most heavily featured parts:

- Toxic Attraction speaks! (Week 1)

- Toxic Attraction vs Io/Zoey, also the attack on Raquel (Week 2)

- Mandy Rose vs Ember Moon, also Raquel getting saved (Week 3)

Noticing a pattern here? Toxic Attraction is featured every single week, and ratings are sliding every single week. And Toxic Attraction continues to fail to impress. Right now its a faction coasting solely on their looks, because they sure as fuck aren't delivering in any other department. Doesn't help that they are featuring Mandy as the big centerpiece of the division despite her never actually being popular with fans outside of the Otis storyline (which was more about Otis than Mandy, tbf).

981 - 1000 of 1043 Posts