Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Is this only for the first hour or for the 2 ?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Damn, these numbers has me fearful for AEW come October. Its definitely gonna be a war.
I don't think AEW needs to fear NXT for the first episode (rating-wise)

I think AEW will do over 1.5 million for their first episode but the real test (and it's the same for NXT) is the Numbers in 1 month.

1.205 million is the number of subs of the WWE network.

·
Baby Yoda
29,322 Posts

That's a damn good number, but need to remember this is only for 1 hr, it's the debut show and AEW will be starting soon.

That said I didn't think they'd do this well nor do I see AEW beating this number anytime soon.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

Wow nicely done didn’t expect that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts

That number isn't that impressive really. The Miz's reality show draws similar numbers for a regular episode.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts

Am I really the only one thought that the first NXT show would do higher than 1M ?

I thought it would do close to 1.5M.

·
Baby Yoda
29,322 Posts

Am I really the only one thought that the first NXT show would do higher than 1M ?

I thought it would do close to 1.5M.
You're going really high, most estimates for both shows I saw were around 800-900k with 1m being the high end and considered really good.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts

You're going really high, most estimates for both shows I saw were around 800-900k with 1m being the high end and considered really good.
I think that this is going to be their "base" number.

·
Registered
20,712 Posts

Damn, these numbers has me fearful for AEW come October. Its definitely gonna be a war.
I think AEW will do fine even after the first show. I think wrestling fans especially those that really like NXT, will like the novelty of being able to flip between wrearling shows. I didn't think AEW could get a 1, but if NXT got that then they certainly should clear it or be damn close to it.

·
Registered
579 Posts

That's a good result for NXT. At the upper end of what I guessed. Probably did enough to hold on to the audience.

·
Registered
11,378 Posts
That number isn't that impressive really. The Miz's reality show draws similar numbers for a regular episode.
It beat every Miz and Mrs episode this season and Miz show has benefit of
1. Airing after SD so having 2+ million wrestling fans already watching TV
2. Featuring people who are known to tv watching audiences one of them a former Wrestlemania maineventer

NXT to my knowledge had nobody on the show that appeared on cable prior to last night

The Wednesday night poverty wars, where two brands fight over 1.5 million people.
UFC debut on ESPN with massive hype using Disney machine drew 1.46 million viewers and a former champion who destroyed Lesnar in mainevent

MLB on primetime Fox this past Thursday did 1.7 million.

Wrestling fans overestimate greatly how many watch TV in 2019 outside ultra special events

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

UFC debut on ESPN with massive hype using Disney machine drew 1.46 million viewers and a former champion who destroyed Lesnar in mainevent

MLB on primetime Fox this past Thursday did 1.7 million.

Wrestling fans overestimate greatly how many watch TV in 2019 outside ultra special events
Great, wrestling has always drawn more than the random MLB games and UFC has never drawn amazing numbers on TV outside the first big Fox event years ago and the first Ultimate Fighter in 05 and the one in 09 with Kimbo. What's your point? Wrestling has hemorrhaged viewers at a much higher rate than most things on TV with no end in site. At some point, TV executives will see it's silly to pay huge numbers for declining programming that isn't even attractive to advertisers, which pro wrestling historically has never been.

·
Registered
937 Posts

It beat every Miz and Mrs episode this season and Miz show has benefit of
1. Airing after SD so having 2+ million wrestling fans already watching TV
2. Featuring people who are known to tv watching audiences one of them a former Wrestlemania maineventer

NXT to my knowledge had nobody on the show that appeared on cable prior to last night
Yawn.

1) Some episodes of the Miz's reality show drew over a million viewers. As an example, an August episode pulled in 1.094 million viewers. Barely any less than NXT's number.

2) NXT was advertised heavily on WWE programming. It also had a strong timeslot.

3) A live wrestling show will always draw more than a spin-off reality show. The Miz also main-evented wrestlemania almost a decade ago, and was merely a side salad to Cena and Rock anyway.

21 - 40 of 467 Posts