Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
11,978 Posts
Predicting 1 millionish next 2 weeks.

800k vs AEW on October 2nd unless they load up and essentially give us takeover on cable. AEW debut I think will do around 1.3 million

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
Re: WWE NXT TV Ratings Thread: NO B.S. JUST THE NUMBERS.

Predicting 1.4 million tonight since while not a huge number there are wrestling fans who watched mnf over Raw "raises hand" and the more casual fans willmight be curious to see what nxt is all about.

Once AEW enters the game is where the ratings will be interesting. Jericho, Cody, MOX, and The Elite brand are bigger names than anyone currently on the nxt roster and a major wrestling company in a sold out arena on tnt is going to turn heads.

Prediction is 1.5-1.8 million for aew and 800-1 million for NXT unless wwe stacks the 10/2 show with top main roster talent then I see about equal ratings for both shows in that scenario

·
Registered
11,978 Posts
For reference the UFC on ESPN debut with months of hype and advertising did 1.46 million viewers back in February.

So 1.4 million is a pretty big number in cable terms in 2019

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,606 Posts

Wednesday night wars :mark

These next two weeks are about making 2nd October unmissable. There isn't a name in WWE I would be shocked to see on NXT over the next few weeks.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

600-700k tbh

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

They will top one million, thats for sure. Question is how much does AEW raise NXTs ratings in 2 weeks? Should work well for both brands.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,321 Posts

Realistically, I'm expecting somewhere between 600,000 through 800,000 viewers for NXT.

Ideally, they could get a maximum rating of 1 million viewers.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I think it will be higher than people think. Promotion has been soft, which makes my gut go 950k or something, but they really should be able to get 69% of the SmackDown audience. That’s a 1.38 rounded up to a 1.4.

That number is not ridiculous given that SmackDown gets 83% of the Raw audience. NXT should be able to get 83% of that 83% of that SmackDown audience (diminishing returns). I think that’s a low estimate. Maybe we should be taking from the Raw audience? That’s closer to 1.61.

·
HEADBANGA
23,020 Posts

Imagine if they drew 2 millions!? Regardless of the number, they're taking eyeballys away from AEW. Underhanded move but I wonder how it will be play out once AEW gets on TV.

·
it's a tarp!
5,454 Posts

As the NXT videos on youtube are only getting 10% of the views of SDL videos, I'm going to say interest is low.

So a viewership of 250k

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

As the NXT videos on youtube are only getting 10% of the views of SDL videos, I'm going to say interest is low.

So a viewership of 250k
wasnt there already a tv episode of NXT some time ago drawing close or over 1m viewers? Which was taped as well? I dont think Youtube should be a messurement here. With all the advertisement and stuff I really think they should hit 1m again. 250k would be a terrible thing, especially for such a great show.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,606 Posts

When will we get the number? I think the 1 hour USA - 1 hour network may hurt them to be honest. If you didn't have the network, are you really going to watch the first hour only? Wouldn't it rub you up the wrong way? Would be delighted to have egg on my face when they get 1 million!

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,298 Posts

The last time USA ran a NXT show it did about 900k I think this time the number will be better. I predict 1 million viewers..

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,321 Posts

NXT actually got over 1 million viewers apparently :wow

1 - 20 of 682 Posts