Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some speculation on WWE NXT call-ups being done away with so NXT can be more of its own third major league brand for the company, but that is not the case.

WWE has plans to continue calling talents up from NXT to RAW and SmackDown after the black & yellow brand premieres on the USA Network later this month, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There's no word yet on upcoming call-ups before or after the September 18 USA Network premiere, but there are plans for NXT Superstars to move to RAW and SmackDown. As we've noted, there has been some talk of NXT Superstars coming to the main roster in the WWE Draft that is scheduled to take place in October.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/09/wwe-nxt-main-roster-call-ups-to-continue-after-usa-premiere-659326/

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Gross. Their ratio of NXT to main roster call ups have been terrible. The only ones I remember that have consistently come off better for it is Ricochet and....maybe Black and that's a reach, IMO.

Stop calling up NXT talent if you aren't prepared to fully utilize them. It makes the main roster look more bloated and NXT more of a joke that their talent don't become the stars some think they are (Vince/creative problem or not).

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
So they're going head to head with AEW and they're going to take people away. :heston

You know they're not gonna send anyone (at least not anyone with even the slightest notoriety) to NXT, so why bring people up? If this is a war, make it a war.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
What's the point of going live and extending nxt to two hours when your going to take the top stars from that brand to Raw and Smackdown anyways? To the casual fan why would they choose to watch a show that wwe themselves are declaring is a minor league brand

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
This is just my guess.. I guess it will be kinda circular.. some folks will be called up to the "main roster".. some folks will be "send down" to NXT. It gives them a way to keep the rosters somewhat fresh. What they will have to avoid is coming off all high and mighty like "Yeah.. NXT is our "C" show, and that is good 'nuff to beat AEW". If they do that they are toast...

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Guys, moving talent is fine. Some of them are played out in that environment anyway. You cycle acts in and out.

I think Shayna is going up, and while it might not be right away, I think Velveteen Dream ends up on SmackDown and Matt Riddle is a Heyman project on Raw by Rumble time.

I can see Triple H wanting NXT to stand on its own for a few weeks, but I think we do see main roster acts brought in for short-term stuff. Cesaro, Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Ziggler & Roode, Heavy Machinery, The Revival, Sasha Banks, Asuka, Natalya, Mickie James, Kairi Sane, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are all acts I can very easily see mixing it up down there. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Shawn Michaels do some physical stuff to put someone over too.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Guys, moving talent is fine. Some of them are played out in that environment anyway. You cycle acts in and out.

I think Shayna is going up, and while it might not be right away, I think Velveteen Dream ends up on SmackDown and Matt Riddle is a Heyman project on Raw by Rumble time.

I can see Triple H wanting NXT to stand on its own for a few weeks, but I think we do see main roster acts brought in for short-term stuff. Cesaro, Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Ziggler & Roode, Heavy Machinery, The Revival, Sasha Banks, Asuka, Natalya, Mickie James, Kairi Sane, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are all acts I can very easily see mixing it up down there. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Shawn Michaels do some physical stuff to put someone over too.
That entire last paragraph is overly optimistic of you :lol:lol:lol

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Should have fair trade for me.

I think they need have ranking system to pick which one who deserves go up and who is gonna go down, the title holder not include.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
So they're going head to head with AEW and they're going to take people away. :heston

You know they're not gonna send anyone (at least not anyone with even the slightest notoriety) to NXT, so why bring people up? If this is a war, make it a war.
That's why I don't expect anyone too significant being sent up from NXT. I could see the Street Profits being officially sent up(even though they're on Raw every week, they are still listed as NXT Superstars and working NXT live events) and someone not doing anything such as a Bianca Belair(if she loses the #1 contender's match).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts