Wrestling Forum banner

3521 - 3540 of 3574 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I normally am a big jake atlas fan but this match has parts where they do the obviously choreographed jump into each other thing. I like workrate more than most people but less of that please. Had some good moments.
And MSK won anyway, at least the black dude looks pretty built.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,562 Posts
This is hands down the worst field for the Dusty Classic they’ve ever thrown out there. Mostly just a bunch of bland undersized indy guys thrown together.

Thought maybe the mystery team would be someone decent but Jesus Christ what a letdown. Who the hell are these guys? The one guy is an early contender for worst look/physique of 2021.

NXT should just change its name to WWE-PWG.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is hands down the worst field for the Dusty Classic they’ve ever thrown out there. Mostly just a bunch of bland undersized indy guys thrown together.

Thought maybe the mystery team would be someone decent but Jesus Christ what a letdown. Who the hell are these guys? The one guy is an early contender for worst look/physique of 2021.

In my opinion, they shot themselves in the foot by doing this right after NYE.

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
So...Boa had to go through all the intense training aswell...to stand at ringside?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I hope there’s a good payoff coming for Shotzi. She’s been feuding with Candice and co for months now and it feels like Candice and co have dominated like 95% of the time.

Speaking of, Shotzi and Ember could both use some big wins, so hopefully they’re allowed to do well in the tournament. Pretty good promo from Ember as well.

Ever-Rise looked great tonight.

UE vs. Breezango was really fun.

Xia Li continues to look badass.

Poor Kacy and Kayden. Toni and Mercedes are gonna kill them.

Good show overall.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Poor Kacy and Kayden. Toni and Mercedes are gonna kill them.
Too true. I would have liked them to go far in the tournament as they are actually a tag team and one with huge upside. Main roster logic and priority in pushing storylines for singles wrestlers over actual tag teams likely strikes again.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
7,855 Posts

Pretty sure the N in NXT stands for nerds.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,851 Posts
Where is Bobby Fish?
Surprise surprise, injured once again, i swear he's been injured multiple times throughout every year he's been in NXT, the guys body is telling him its time to hang it up. I mean he injured himself just training a bit ago, now apparently he got injured again badly in the Wargames match. At some point he needs to listen to his body and realize he's not able to do this anymore.

·
The face that runs the List
11,228 Posts
Another solid performance from Candice who carried Shotzi throughout their match.

I like the mysterious Chinese gimmick but not sure how I should take Xia Li as a serious, badass character when she's got that anime girly tattoo on her forearm. Isn't her finisher the same as Kofi's by the way ?

I was not expecting MSK to win their match, nice surprise.

Balor vs Dunne sounds great. I don't even care who wins as we'll have a great champion either way.

Really digging Theory as a goofier character.

Man, the guys in the main event have really let themselves go. When you look at Breeze, Strong and Dango a few years ago, it's night and day. Cole has always had a pretty average look but Dango and Strong especially used to be ripped.

So...Boa had to go through all the intense training aswell...to stand at ringside?
It's been two weeks. He will get his squash matches too after Xia gets some momentum.

·
Registered
25,575 Posts
Full Show Review:

*Candice vs. Shotzi was a solid opener. I liked the call back to that battle royal a few months ago with that spot on the steps. And Shotzi's offense in this match didn't look too insane to the point where I'm wondering if she broke her neck or not.

The finish came off a bit clunky because it felt like Shotzi had to wait a little too long for Candice to get into position to hit her Neckbreaker, but all in all a solid match. I would have to think that Shotzi is a bigger project for them long term so I imagine eventually these 2 will have some kind extreme rules/street fight kind of match where Shotzi will get her win.

*Balor's promo was really good. I do really like his character of the guy who's not a total heel and gives respect to his opponents but at the same time, establishes that no one is on his level. Dunne coming out was expected and I'm all for Balor vs. Dunne being the next big title match. KOR coming out to help shows how much of a babyface he his, sticking his nose into someone else's business just to do the right thing. Some fun moving parts in all of this.

*I don't think quite get Ever-Rise yet. Or, maybe I should say I'm not overly impressed by them yet. Their characters and attitudes are fun as the goofs who are kind of in over their heads but try to make up for that by being really loud. And they're not bad in the ring. Their looks obviously leave a lot to be desired. Gibson carries the GYV on the mic and Drake is solid in the ring to pair with Gibson as well. They're an effective heel tag team.

In the end the obvious winner won in a decent match.

*There was a great video package highlighting Raquel and her dominance and hinting at what's next for her. They do these so well.

*Lumis is a very interesting character to book. Because if you strip away the gimmick, he's actually a really good, athletic wrestler who pulls off some really cool moves that you wouldn't think he would or could pull off. And then you add the gimmick and he plays the creepy guy very well. And I thought he and Johnny meshed well together here.

The problem is, with his gimmick, they feel the need to protect him to a point because he is kind of this "monster" character. But at the same time, he's not going to be a guy winning championships so they also have roll up finishes like tonight to "protect" him. It's one of those things where even though Lumis does play his character very well, you wonder if it does hold him back from being more. I would kind of like to see him one day just as a normal guy and see how far he could go.

Oh and Kushida vs. Gargano will be the next NA Title match. That sounds awesome.

*Solid video package building up the Fight Pit next week.

*MSK, the former Rascalz, had an impressive showing in their first match in NXT. Wes Lee (Desmond Xavier) really stood out for me as the best athlete on the team. All of his moves looked great. The final stretch of this match after the hot tag was really good stuff with all 4 men putting in good work. I really like MSK's finishing move as well.

*Just keep building up Xia with squash matches. There's no rush to put her in anything big yet. I loved how quick this match was. Xia just snuck in a devastating punch, so quick the announcers didn't even get it in time, and then hit her kick for the win. I loved that.

I love how they took someone like Xia who was losing all the time and told a story through video packages to transform her into something new so now she can work her way back up the card.

*The main event I thought was a pretty good face vs. face match with everyone getting a chance to shine and also incorporating the angle with Dunne, Balor, and O'Reilly. Again, I'm very curious to see where this all goes. How does this end?

KOR's already lost twice. Cole is doing the tag team thing now which is fine but you know he's destined for bigger things. And it just feels like eventually Cole is going to get sick of doing all of this for KOR (and Roddy) and eventually snap and go heel. Or, maybe Cole and everyone just stay good guys. I don't where this story is headed, and I like that.

Solid show overall with a few issues. Really looking forward to the Fight Pit next week plus the tag matches.

·
Registered
296 Posts
He's just somebody for Gargano to beat before dropping the title to a deserving Lumis

On another note, I'm amped for this Fight Pit
I'm not even sure anymore. I rly think Dexter was gonna win the title when it was vacated if he hadn't gotten injured before that ladder match since he was better positioned at the time. Priest won and deserved a nice run, but since then even Ruff's been champ...? Dexter had a title match vs Priest and lost because, again, someone interfered (Grimes) but only now he's somewhat challenging again.

Idk NXT's booking has been leaving a lot to be desired as of late and I believe that is due to the packed roster; they want to save people but still use everybody etc. So we get all these interruptions, non finishes etc making stories go around in circles. I won't be surprised if Grimes pops back up again as a part of this storyline in a repetitive manner as well.

There needs to be a significant NXT sweep with talent moving on to the (also beyond stale) main roster (who could actually use new faces to reinvigorate their shows) or soon enough most new "developing" stars won't even stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Again a good show, barely any dislike, all was at least decent. Liked the new tag team, never watched TNA so no idea who the Rascalz were, but it was a fun match. Good TT matches all around, Lumis/Gargano was good, Xia is very good with her new character, Shotzi/Ms.Garagno just cant frustrate me, I just like both of them and whatever they do, I am pleased.

Lets get the first round of the female cup going next week. Fight pit should be brilliant as well!!

·
Registered
11,222 Posts
I'm so excited for the Fight Pit next week!

3521 - 3540 of 3574 Posts