Wrestling Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2225 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Keith needs to win. It's his time now. And as much as I love Cole, his reign has gone on long enough.

I've been really impressed with Priest recently.

Rhea's booking continues to be, not good.

Raquel could be the credible monster heel woman that WWE want Nia to be. Also when do she and Dakota get a tag title shot?

Io vs. Dakota sounds like a fun feud. But I still want Io vs. Sasha at some point NXT.

Santos Escobar is such a good heel.

·
Registered
23,974 Posts
@MarkyWhipwreck

And seriously, I could go off on a whole tangent about what they’re doing with Rhea. Might need my own thread for that.

But, I did enjoy the TUE and Thatcher vignettes. Kai and Gonzalez continued to look good. I enjoy the Lumis and Roddy stuff, Escobar vs. Atlas was good. Kross vs. Reed was entertaining for as long as it lasted.

So all in all, a solid but unspectacular episode this week.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Good episode with good wrestling.

Kai tag was good and I can see her winning the fatal 4 way and be Io´s first challanger.

I like Kyle as Dr. Doolitle, all these videos were good. Nice to not have Dexter drive away with the car, I was thinking "hope they dont do the obvious" and Dexter being Dexter in the ring is always nice and creepy to watch.

I like the Archer of Infamy, the match itself was good as well.

Kross kicking butt was good as well and Scarlett will always be beautiful!!

Triple thread was good as well and I really think they most likely will go for a DQ or anything like that to have another match in a cage or something. I dont see either Cole or Lee being double champ.

Dont know what they do with Reah, but they should stop it, although I really dig Robert Stone. But the thing is they dont want Reah to lose to Io and the dont want Io to lose the belt yet, so Reah has to do something different, but they need to find something different.

Overall I was very much sports entertained!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Good show, but I felt like it had too many squash matches. Main-event was fun, Grimes is growing on me as a heel (his character work has been very good), Kross continues to be the hottest thing in NXT and the Dexter/UE thing is hilarious. Kinda sad to see Rhea involved in a joke feud, though.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,941 Posts
Big Mami Cool is both sexy and terrifying, that's one mountain I'd love to climb. Normally I'm a lazy boy and let the girl do all the work but if I let her climb on top of me I'd feel like I was being raped lol.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
are they really demoting rhea? why not just call her up if shes not in the title picture.

i guess it is smart bringing back the Bash name for the event to rival fyter fest as it appeals to nxt's much older audience.

Reactions: FamousFreddy

·
Southern Pride
3,385 Posts
Rhea not being in the title picture right now is smart. Give her some time to be fresh again. If she moved to another brand, who knows if she would be used with Smackdown focused on Bayley and Sasha, RAW being focused on Asuka and Nia Jax. Shayna and Bianca disappeared. I wouldn't wish for Ripley to move to another show yet. Her and Robert Stone interacting has been good for Rhea.

I hope that she loses against Stone/Aliyah and is forced to join his brand. Keep going with it and have her slowly change in to being a heel. She will probably beat them both though.
----

Anyway, good episode.

Did y'all know that this episode was provided by StateFarm? I may have heard mentioned once or twice or like 5+ times during the show. /sarcasm

Most of the matches were pretty good.

I do question Grimes and his character work though. He sounds like Ric Flair at times when he speaks. Feels like something is out of place.

Dexter Lumis, Damian Priest, Dakota Kai and Kross are all great. Priest being an obvious Scott Hall fan has made me like him even more.

Awesome to see Keith Lee win. Have Keith Lee win it all in 2 weeks. Change it up at the top and force undisputed era to be in a different position.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think a separate thread is probably justified for this weeks NXT episode.

I see Thatcher vs Lorcan has just been added for Wednesday. Pretty much filler IMO, but Twitter seems to be happy with the addition. Assuming the 5 matches is the full card, I'd probably space it out something like:

Strap match - possibly the 2nd most interesting match, so keep people tuned in
Rhea Stone
Women's fatal 4 way
Thatcher - to break up the 2 purely womens' matches
Sasha Io - obvious headliner

They can use any spare time to announce or set up week 2. Like maybe a Priest-Grimes segment or something. Maybe Santana as well.

·
Registered
23,974 Posts
The closer we get to the show they more I am cautiously excited for it.

I say cautiously because of the main event. I know Sasha and Io will end in a no contest. But, I hope I can at least give them 15 minutes. And whatever kind of finish they do, I hope it’s noteworthy.

The Women’s 4 Way Elimination match should be really good with the talent involved.

The strap match has been built up very well in the past few weeks and we have a good reason for it to be a strap match. And while I‘ve been enjoying cowardly Roddy, I hope we get as brutal of a match as possible.

For the love of God let Rhea squash both Stone and Aliyah and move on. I don’t even want to think about the alternative.

And Oney vs. Thatcher should be a fun little scrap.

Really debating whether to watch this show or Night 1 of Fyter Fest first, though I’m leaning towards NXT.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Fightfull report that every person taking part to the show is getting tested today and only the people with a negative result will be allowed to appear.

Apparently they fear that they will not have all the results in time.

·
Southern Pride
3,385 Posts
I'll Give NXT credit. They came up with a very interesting card for tonight. They even got me to care about Mr. Generic Roderick Strong.

·
Registered
336 Posts
People keep saying "Rhea Ripley has cooled off" and cite Charlotte as blame for when it started. I mostly disagree. While losing at Mania did not help, she was already losing momentum heading into Portland. She was hot back in November/December because fans were desperate for someone to win the title off Shayna and Rhea was as big of a chance as any. Once she won the title , she didn't bring much else to the table, she wasn't a great promo, her in ring skills are good but not mind blowing and she got out shined by Bianca in their feud. Momentum was already slipping and many noticed it weeks, 1-2 months before Mania happened. I say this because many are looking at this match as a sign of "what are they doing with her" and I agree this is a step down. She probably should have been in the fatal 4, or at least make it a fatal 5 way. But it wasn't like Mania started it, it was already happening. Had their been crowds and her match with Io happened, the fans would have been on Io's side 100%.

2141 - 2160 of 2225 Posts