Wrestling Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2277 Posts

·
Southern Pride
3,424 Posts
Santana Garrett in orange! oh hell yes!! So glad that she won against Aliyah too. Was worried there for a minute.

The tag team triple threat match was pretty good. Fandango and Breeze have noticeably aged.

Really good Adam Cole/Dream video. That Prince lookalike had me to look at it twice.

Charlotte showing how its done in the video.

Dexter Lumis stalking.. I wonder if he will ultimately be a factor in that Dream/Cole match that keeps the rest of UE out of it.

I'm not very impressed with Fantasma so far. Of course Maverick gets offered a contract at the end anyway. I would hope that Maverick had no clue that he was signing a contract to NXT on this episode. I could easily imagine Triple H wanting to scoop up Maverick for NXT after Vince future endeavored him from RAW. It's still possible that this wasn't all planned from the start.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,001 Posts
COLE V. LUMIS

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,001 Posts

·
Southern Pride
3,424 Posts
If Balor gets "even" with Grimes after his lost to Grimes last time...groan.

Looking forward to NXT though.

Cole vs. Lumis should be good.

Plus Io Shirai is the new Womens Champ. Looking forward to seeing where they go with Io. I'd like to see her be established as a babyface from now on (not losing her "crazy" entrance) and Ripley turns heel out of frustration.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
If Balor gets "even" with Grimes after his lost to Grimes last time...groan.

Looking forward to NXT though.

Cole vs. Lumis should be good.

Plus Io Shirai is the new Womens Champ. Looking forward to seeing where they go with Io. I'd like to see her be established as a babyface from now on (not losing her "crazy" entrance) and Ripley turns heel out of frustration.
Grimes never should have beaten Balor the 1st time around. I like Grimes as a talent, but he belongs in the CW division for now, not beating a main event player like Balor.

Rhea lost to Charlotte clean at Mania now took the pin against Io while being stuck in Charlotte's Figure 8 at IYH. The only way you can really salvage her at this point as a big star in NXT is becoming the woman who who was at the top of the world, fell from grace, and is now obsessed with being Champion again.

Whether this week or sometime in the future, she needs to destroy Io out of frustration.

Does does anyone else want to see Sasha and Bayley vs Tegan and Shotzi? I think this would be yet another great breakout moment for Shotzi because Sasha would make her look like a million bucks.
Would make up for never getting The Sky Pirates vs. Boss n' Hug back in 2019. I wouldn't mind seeing Shotzi/Sasha and Bayley/Tegan face offs either. Of course that's depending on if Sasha & Bayley even get past this Sunday as champions.

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
Does does anyone else want to see Sasha and Bayley vs Tegan and Shotzi? I think this would be yet another great breakout moment for Shotzi because Sasha would make her look like a million bucks.
I'd be for it.

Like Paid said on Backstage last night, they've basically fucked over the Women's Tag Titles by not defending them more.

·
The EST of NXT
28,697 Posts
Would make up for never getting The Sky Pirates vs. Boss n' Hug back in 2019. I wouldn't mind seeing Shotzi/Sasha and Bayley/Tegan face offs either. Of course that's depending on if Sasha & Bayley even get past this Sunday as champions.
I'd be for it.

Like Paige said on Backstage last night, they've basically fucked over the Women's Tag Titles by not defending them more.
They main evented Smackdown and opened and closed RAW, so that tells me that they're going to put a much bigger spotlight on the Tag Team championships now that Bayley and Sasha have them. It wouldn't surprise me if they showed up on NXT tonight to put the new girls on notice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if they showed up on NXT tonight to put the new girls on notice.
That would be cool, especailly as a surprise, but in this day and age with the AEW rivalry, WWE would almost certainly announce it if they were going to show up. If not, hopefully they will next week assuming they retain at Backlash.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,001 Posts
Starting the show off right with the king baybay !!

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,052 Posts
Ugh Lee and Gargano is gonna continue? why? Lee beat him straight up. Thats one thing i Love about AEW is when someone loses a title match they go to the back of the line and the champion moves on to a new challenger, but in WWE of course sometimes we gotta have the same guys wrestle for 2 or 3 fucking months over a title.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,001 Posts
Ugh Lee and Gargano is gonna continue? why? Lee beat him straight up. Thats one thing i Love about AEW is when someone loses a title match they go to the back of the line and the champion moves on to a new challenger, but in WWE of course sometimes we gotta have the same guys wrestle for 2 or 3 fucking months over a title.
Might be over after tonight, maybe just foreshadowed his next feud with that backstage segment with Cole.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,052 Posts
Might be over after tonight, maybe just foreshadowed his next feud with that backstage segment with Cole.
I dunno i don't see Lee starting a feud over the NXT title while he's the NA champion, once he drops the belt i definitely see him moving into the world title picture but right now Balor is clearly the next challenger. I think Lee just hinted at some point he'll go after the title.

And i don't see the Lee and Gargano feud coming to an end on a tag match on NXT, if it was going to end it should've ended at Takeover, no point continuing the feud so they can end it in a tag match with nothing on the line.

1981 - 2000 of 2277 Posts