Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you think about it WWE is making alot of their current stars look like old ones, here are some comparisons.

Jack Swagger and Kurt Angle ( both overly american all americans )

Ryback and Goldburg ( powerhouses who dominate and even share a little of the same look )

Honky Tonk Man and Heath Slater ( both are supposed to be singers and musicians )

CM Punk and Rowdy Piper ( pipe bomb experts )

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara ( masked mexicans who do alot of flipping )

ect ect ect......... to many of the new stars are modeled after the gimmicks of the old ones..... BORING!!!!

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Slater and HTM really. Slater sang once and that was last week so it is a stretch calling him a HTM like character
Rey and Sin Cara um thats what luchadors are they are masked men who do high flying and have a superhero like persona

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Out of all of those, Ryback and Goldberg are the only ones I can somewhat agree with. Slater doesn't look like an elvis impersonator so that's a no to the HTM. Both Rey and Sin Cara are luchadores so that's why they wear masks and do "flippy stuff". Swagger has an All Amercian American gimmick, and Angle had an Olympic Hero gimmick, two different things. So this thread is a fail. And Piper/CM Punk, massive stretch there.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
If you think about it WWE is making alot of their current stars look like old ones, here are some comparisons.

Jack Swagger and Kurt Angle ( both overly american all americans )

Ryback and Goldburg ( powerhouses who dominate and even share a little of the same look )

Honky Tonk Man and Heath Slater ( both are supposed to be singers and musicians )

CM Punk and Rowdy Piper ( pipe bomb experts )

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara ( masked mexicans who do alot of flipping )

ect ect ect......... to many of the new stars are modeled after the gimmicks of the old ones..... BORING!!!!
"Overly American All Americans" - What? You mean a wrestling gimmick where one guy has an amatuer background and the commentators mention it?! My God, Jack Swagger is Kurt Angles son! (I would have been more impressed if you would have mentioned the ankle lock.)

"Powerhouse who share a little of the same look" - There is no way you could have used Ryback without Goldberg connections due to his look, so they're playing on it. Smart if you ask me. Where's the streak btw?

Heath Slater is supposed to be HTM? How did you even come to that conclusion? Thats tenuous considering how many gimmicks there have been where those portraying them have been some sort of musician.

CM Punk is good on the mic, Roddy Piper is good on the mic. Definitely No Creativity from WWE, it's pretty much a ripoff. It's the Kilt CM Punk wears all of the time I think, or his sleeper hold finisher, or the fact he plays on being Scottish, or the fact he has ripped the tattoos off Roddy Piper, He is Straight Edge like Piper, He wears blue tights like Hot Rod and worst of all, he speaks slowly without much movement in promos just like Roddy always did!

Rey is a luchador, Sin Cara is a Luchador, about 20,000 other wrestlers are luchadors. All this shows is your lack of knowlege on the sport.

ADR has money and drives A CAR, he is JBL mark 2.

Sheamus has ginger hair, just like Bob Backlund.

Evan Bourne is WHITE and does SHOOTING STAR PRESSES, He is Billy Kidman!

Jinder Mahal wears a turban. What, are they resurrecting Chaz and D'Lo or what?

Mark Henry is BLACK and FAT, It's just Junkyard Dog man, where's the creativity!

WWE HAS NO CREATIVITY AND I HATE IT AND I WILL WASTE MY LIFE WATCHING WHAT I DON'T ENJOY! *Cries*

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
santino and bruno sammartino = both italian.

hmm maybe thats why vince wants santino to be a clown?

·
Banned
609 Posts
Thread=NO CREATIVITY
Actually this has potential....

If you think about it WWE DOES make alot of their current stars look like old ones, here are some more comparisons.

Funaki and Yoshi Tatsu (both overly Japanese gimmick)

Chris Nowinski and David Otunga (both are Harvard graduates who wear red and kiss the bosses ass)

Naked Mideon and Ricardo Rodriquez (both known for being stripped in their matches)

Ric Flair and Damien Sandow (both come to ring in robes and classical music)

D-Lo Brown and JTG (both talk about the hood and kicking your sorry ass down the street)

Gillberg and Drew Mcntyre (both superstars are wondering "Who's First?")

Jamie Noble and Sheamus (ones white trash the others just white)

Right to Censor and Matt Striker (both come to the ring with sirens and bells ringing loudly)

Al Snow and John Cena (both give head in the lockeroom)

The first few weeks of Vladimir Kozlov and the entire career of Alberto Del Rio (both come out to the ring to silence)

ect ect ect... all the new stars are just ripped off the old ones. fpalmfpalmfpalm

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
cm punk and daniel bryan - both have beards.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
ezekial jackson and ahmed johnson - the same person.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
wrestling is always re-done in ways gimmicks,storylines ECT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts