Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE News: What Does Triple H think of UFC?
I have a ton of respect for Triple H, a man whose contributed as much to the pro wrestling business as just about anybody.
But, oftentimes, being a pro wrestler can cloud someone's judgment of any other sport that might be deemed as "competition."
I think that was pretty clear when Triple H commented in an interview at MovieFone.com:
I think if anybody needs to evolve, it's them. Give more of an entertainment standpoint. Give more form; they just have fighters who walk in in T-shirts and shorts and just stand there and then they fight and then they win and then they go "thanks, I'd like to thank my sponsors" and then they leave."
I'm not going to totally rip Triple H's comment, because it's at least partly true. You're pretty much guaranteed two and half or three hours of entertainment--well, sometimes--for a WWE show, whereas UFC fights can end pretty quickly.
But did Triple H really just say that the UFC needs to evolve, but they don't? If anything, it's vice versa.
I don't quite understand where Triple H is coming from because he should know better than anyone that pro wrestling is a cyclical business that is constantly evolving. He himself has lived through three "eras" of professional wrestling: the Attitude Era, the Ruthless Aggression and the PG era.
Clearly, the WWE doesn't stay the same. Guess what it does? It evolves.
In fact, you could argue that wrestling is in the midst of a change right now. With the way CM Punk's character has progressed in recent months, many wrestling fans are saying that we could be transitioning to the "Reality Era."
I don't really think that's happening, because Punk's the main person bringing reality into wrestling. But I do indeed see that the business is ever-changing.
How Triple H doesn't see the same, I really have no idea.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Two men beating the crap out of each other in reality has much more entertainment value tbh. Its a totally different product than WWE and it is not even WWE's competition. There should be no comparisons.

I think if anybody needs to evolve, it's them. Give more of an entertainment standpoint. Give more form; they just have fighters who walk in in T-shirts and shorts and just stand there and then they fight and then they win and then they go "thanks, I'd like to thank my sponsors" and then they leave."

Yea.. just like in any other sports they dont pull a microphone out and cut a promo on opponents. They just fight/play, thank the crowd/sponsors and leave. That is how its done.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Already Posted & discussed thoroughly son -

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/574191-triple-h-thinks-ufc-has-problems-needs-evolve-wwe-does-not-need-evolve-13.html

Let me quote a brilliant post on what exactly HHH meant which you apparently dont Understand -

Trips' Brock analogy was perfect. The UFC had never gotten more attention than when that happened and it wasn't even because of an actual fight. It was enthralling and you wanted to see what he'd do next. He had a personality and you either hated him or loved him. To me, it's just two randoms throwing hands. Why should I watch this fight over any other?

And UFC has already taken pieces from wrestling by doing hype promos and interviews and all of that. Football, basketball, and pretty much any other sport does the same thing with rivalry games and pretty much any game. If a football game or UFC fight were to just air with no buildup or anything like that, it wouldn't be as entertaining.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts