Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
Soul
33,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Meltzer has confirmed Top Rope Press’ report that WWE is now prohibiting wrestlers from doing interviews on non-approved podcasts. The is stems from the comments made by Ric Flair on his podcast after the controversial Charlotte/Paige angle.

We reached out to a source familiar with the situation and this has been confirmed to us.

WWE already has a policy to not allow wrestlers on certain podcasts which is why you won’t see contracted WWE talent appearing on Jim Ross’ podcast.

WWE-approved podcasts and TV programs that WWE is friendly with (ESPN SportsCenter, Sam Roberts podcast) are believed to be on the safe list for WWE talent since WWE has a relationship with them.
Source: http://www.wrestlingnews.co/charlot...-restricting-talent-radiopodcast-appearances/

· Banned
3,123 Posts
The policy of banning speaking to certain media outlets was pretty bad in the first place, but this is a disgrace. The only reason they can get away with this shit is that nobody understands the importance of freedom of the press.

· The Last Dragon
15,302 Posts
Only scripted podcast and interviews damn it! :vince5

· Standing with The Man
8,194 Posts
And again this aint Charlotte or Paiges fault. Their are some unprofessional standards and practices in Wwe clearly. Sounds like they are attempting to save face.
I agree but this thread title makes this easy bait to blame Paige and Charlotte when it's more directed at Ric Flair's actions, Yes the angle on between the 2 lead to this but it's Ric Flair speaking out that seems to be the more direct cause.

· A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,962 Posts
I don't think this is anything surprising, in fact, this is often the case when you're contracted to a company and want to do other projects you need to speak with them first hand, depending on the company themselves, but it's nothing new.

And it's not even always because of the talents, it's because of how the media can twist things and lie basically, which 99% of the time they do, or at least fabricate it anyway.

It's easier and better for them to work alongside trusted companies, such as Sam Roberts for example.

· None but ourselves
3,677 Posts
You know what this means?

Y2J BAYBAAAAYYY! So let's talk about last night's RAW, how epic was that? 3 hours of non stop quality entertainment? Gotta be a new golden age, am I right? # IYYY AM IRONMAN #

Next up I'll be interviewing myself, sports entertainment legend Chris Jericho but first...more Fozzy # LET'S DANCE!! #

COME ON BAYBAAYY!

We're in good hands, people.

· CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,383 Posts

Y2J BAYBAAAAYYY! So let's talk about last night's RAW, how epic was that? 3 hours of non stop quality entertainment? Gotta be a new golden age, am I right? # IYYY AM IRONMAN #

Next up I'll be interviewing myself, sports entertainment legend Chris Jericho but first...more Fozzy # LET'S DANCE!! #

COME ON BAYBAAYY!

You're the best in this thread at what you do. #HonestPoster

Reactions: RiC David

· Locker Room Leader
15,219 Posts

COME ON BAYBAAYY!

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be two things- a rockstar and a sports entertainer BAYBAAYYY!!

Reactions: RiC David
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.