Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- WWE's website did 12.5 million unique visitors in May, down 9% from the 13.7 million in May of 2011. WWE's shop website averaged 645 orders per day in May, down 23% from May of 2011.

- Word is that DirecTV has no interest in carrying the WWE Network, which would knock about 30% of its potential revenue off. There's been talk that very few cable carriers are committing to paying a per subscriber rate for WWE's Network, which is what the company was counting on for profitability. The alternative is to be like HBO or Showtime and charge a subscription fee directly to consumers.

There's still no official word on when the Network will launch but they cut a new commercial for it this past week that should begin airing soon.

This is from NoDq.com. Makes sense why cable carriers are not commiting to WWE network, Wrestling popularity is at all time low.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think that a WWE Network could be successful, but I think WWE needs to worry about regaining some of it's popularity and changing up the product a bit because right now things just seem very stale, in my opinion, and wrestling isn't "cool" anymore. Just one person's opinion, but I just can't see even some of the most hardcore fans paying a fee to have the WWE Network. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't want to see WWE have another XFL-like incident on their hands, where they end up with egg on their face.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The only way i could see this wwe network working, is for wwe to sell time slots to other wresting companies like tna, njpw, and the rest and turn it not just into a wwe network but a wresting network.

But they wont do that.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
This is from NoDq.com. Makes sense why cable carriers are not commiting to WWE network, Wrestling popularity is at all time low.
technically its from this weeks observer.

As for the network the thing is gonna fail so hard when it if launches or if it does. I say its gonna flop bigger than the XFL

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The only way i could see this wwe network working, is for wwe to sell time slots to other wresting companies like tna, njpw, and the rest and turn it not just into a wwe network but a wresting network.

But they wont do that.
This. I can't imagine many people are going to pay for an entire network dedicated to just WWE. They already have 3 or 4 TV shows a week, as well as the other ones like Bottom Line that nobody watches, as well as PPVs. That's already arguably too many.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Unlike the XFL or the WWF restaurant, if the WWE fails at the network I doubt they can recover. They don't even have half the audience they had back during the XFL days, so another failed venture could be a nail in the coffin.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
can't wait to see what the Network has stored for Thursday nights :lmao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts