Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,336 Posts
The Network has been around for 4 years now and has 4 WM's under the Network's belt and it still hasn't hit 2 million paid subs despite being available worldwide and for less than $10. That's....sad.

Even the 1.8 million paid number was aided big time by offers of 99 cents, $1.99, and $2.99.

:lol

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
If you liked Bryan's return, then they deserved your dollar. Point blank.
I won't pay for something that insult my intelligence or entertain me for a minute and then slap me in my fucking face. The Bryan return or any good thing for that matter are all temporary or just pure coincidence. The state of the company and the product is determined by their mainevents and planned storylines, and let me tell you they are absolutely terrible. They killed the whole roster for 3 years for this Lesnar-Reigns match and it all was for nothing, this is pure insanity.

Reactions: karlos4live

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts
The Network has been around for 4 years now and has 4 WM's under the Network's belt and it still hasn't hit 2 million paid subs despite being available worldwide and for less than $10. That's....sad.

Even the 1.8 million paid number was aided big time by offers of 99 cents, $1.99, and $2.99.

It's not less than $10 everywhere, it's $13 here.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,576 Posts

Yeah I was surprised to read it was only 2 million considering the WWE facebook page has nearly 40 million followers, I thought it would've been closer to 5 million considering the free deals they put out and whatnot.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
WWE Network is fucking amazing and worth the price. The old school library brings so many tears to my eyes, it's like I'm a kid again, reliving the best times in wrestling. I watch the newer stuff here and there, but, most of my time is devoted to when wrestling was good.
If it was for 9.99 here I would've subscribed for the old school library and high quality shows, but I live in Kuwait and you should get this OSN pack which is expensive to get the network. I don't think it's worth it.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I won't pay for something that insult my intelligence or entertain me for a minute and then slap me in my fucking face.
But that's the thing - YOU STILL KEEP WATCHING! If this is the limits of your tolerance, then you shouldn't be watching the show everyweek at this point.

The Bryan return or any good thing for that matter are all temporary or just pure coincidence.
Coincidence? that's utter nonsense. WWE could have easily released Bryan ages ago if they didn't give a shit. You sound like a mark. Wake-up. Bryan just wrestled in one of the key matches at Mania, he even got a badass entrance.

The state of the company and the product is determined by their mainevents and planned storylines,
Doesn't need to be. WWE isn't forcing anyone to care about the main event the most. You can make your fun by rooting for whoever you prefer. WWE is just a TV show.

let me tell you they are absolutely terrible. They killed the whole roster for 3 years for this Lesnar-Reigns match and it all was for nothing, this is pure insanity.
These are all subjective. Again, you can always stick to enjoying the undercard. Ignore Roman/Brock etc..

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts
If it was for 9.99 here I would've subscribed for the old school library and high quality shows, but I live in Kuwait and you should get this OSN pack which is expensive to get the network. I don't think it's worth it.
If they didn't have the old school stuff on there, I probably wouldn't have gotten it, or at least have been less inclined to get it.

For the people who fire back to arch that he still watches it, even though he doesn't like it....you just don't get it. I am guessing he is probably closer to my age and started off watching the product back in the 80's, as did I. My heart will forever be with that era of wrestling, as well as the 90's. I have never stopped watching wrestling, however, I don't continue because I think it's awesome, I keep watching because I have a devotion to it, it's been a HUGE part of my childhood, with many great memories. I want to support that product simply because of those times when I enjoyed it the most, not because it's anywhere near the goodness I grew up with. I believe he said in one of his posts it's a habit. I agree. It's just a regular part of life for some people. We have the right to complain about it. Others have the right to think this (now) is the best wrestling there's ever been. Different eras for different people.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
But that's the thing - YOU STILL KEEP WATCHING! If this is the limits of your tolerance, then you shouldn't be watching the show everyweek at this point.

I literally finish RAW each week in 5 minutes on Youtube, that's not watching. As I said it's a habit that won't stop.

Coincidence? that's utter nonsense. WWE could have easily released Bryan ages ago if they didn't give a shit. You sound like a mark. Wake-up. Bryan just wrestled in one of the key matches at Mania, he even got a badass entrance.

I always said that they could've cleared him at least a year ago and they refused, but they did it now because they feared that he would go to NJPW and because Shane is involved. Another example of a coincidence was the Lesnar-AJ match, it was a good thing in my book but it wasn't the plan, the plan was freaking Jinder. Did you forget the WM 30 mainevent? the plan was fucking Batista vs Orton, their plans always suck and are out of this world stupid.

Doesn't need to be. WWE isn't forcing anyone to care about the main event the most. You can make your fun by rooting for whoever you prefer. WWE is just a TV show.

The mainevent determines the direction they're heading in, which is ignoring and fighting their fanbase and shoving shit down their throats. I enjoyed the undercard last night but the mainevent erased that enjoyment with how insulting it was. If they don't respect their customers why would I pay for them?
Bold.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
If they didn't have the old school stuff on there, I probably wouldn't have gotten it, or at least have been less inclined to get it.

For the people who fire back to arch that he still watches it, even though he doesn't like it....you just don't get it. I am guessing he is probably closer to my age and started off watching the product back in the 80's, as did I. My heart will forever be with that era of wrestling, as well as the 90's. I have never stopped watching wrestling, however, I don't continue because I think it's awesome, I keep watching because I have a devotion to it, it's been a HUGE part of my childhood, with many great memories. I want to support that product simply because of those times when I enjoyed it the most, not because it's anywhere near the goodness I grew up with. I believe he said in one of his posts it's a habit. I agree. It's just a regular part of life for some people. We have the right to complain about it. Others have the right to think this (now) is the best wrestling there's ever been. Different eras for different people.
Yeah exactly, Undertaker was scaring the shit out of me when I was 4 years old watching with my dad. It's just a part of my life, and when done right (which very rare) there's nothing more entertaining to me than wrestling.

Reactions: Catalanotto

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
It's an impressive number. I lot of streaming service will kill to have these kind pf subscribers. If they can retain and a large portion of the free signups and keep growing slowly then the company will make a lot through the network. It no surprise profits are going up (Not record revenue).

Personally the subscription is worth it just for the last NXT Takeover alone. What an event from top to finish. If you love wrestling and think they don't deserve a dime of your money after watching that, then you might as well quit.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I dont really buy the 2 million number. I am sure that the real number is a much lower number.

Despite that, WWE Network has an impressive subscription count. Much higher than most SVOD products in the market. WWE doesnt need to fabricate numbers, we know that what they have accomplished is very impressive, and doing that despite having such a crappy programming and lineup.

To be fair, they will improve in the future. Something to Wrestle With podcast will definitely draw people to join the Network.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Good maybe now they can invest in their product and work out the kinks. Like last night the feed would freeze up, when it came back the picture quality was poor for a bit and a couple times it jumped forward in the show. I also have had old shows freeze up from time to time. Not to mention the write up for Hog Wild has Hogan defending the title against the Giant when it's the other way around.

Reactions: oldschoolfan

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Can't believe people are trashing 2 million number. "That's sad" ?? really? You know how many subscribers NJPW's network has? A whopping 32,000.
Damn, is it really that low? I was reading about record subs and how Jericho & Omega were some monster draw after the big January event.

Just goes to show the bias of this forum when you compare the big corporate company to the cooler underdog...

21 - 40 of 91 Posts