Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is every show on the WWE Network going to be kayfabe? I mean. . .they've been advertising WWE reality shows. How can it be "reality" if it's "kayfabe"?

Just seems like some of these shows clash with that. It's funny to think about how they will have reality shows where they refer to eachother by their stage names, and stay in kayfabe where heels "realistically" beef with the faces. . .during the "reality show".

·
Registered
195 Posts
It'll be interesting for sure.

I think having the Divas 'reality' show is a great idea from them, as quite like Ryder with his internet show, it'll allow the Divas to become closer with the WWE Universe without the usual Raw/Smackdown TV time. It could legitimately work wonders for them and even save the division to some extent.

What I'm most intrigued by at the moment though, is pricing. I am desperate to know the pricing for the WWE Network here in the UK.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Reality shows are scripted anyways so its not like the WWE have to do something different.
It depends how you interpret 'scripted'. It's not as if they're fed lines a lot of the time, it's mainly the scenarios in which the people are placed in are somewhat organised. Then again, the only 'reality' shows I really watch are Jersey Shore and UK Big Brother. :argh:

·
Registered
615 Posts
It depends how you interpret 'scripted'. It's not as if they're fed lines a lot of the time, it's mainly the scenarios in which the people are placed in are somewhat organised. Then again, the only 'reality' shows I really watch are Jersey Shore and UK Big Brother. :argh:
Almost every reality show is scripted or edited for entertainment purposes, especially the ones from the US. Hells Kitchen, Wife Swap and others like these all have disclaimers at the beginning or end of the show stating that some scenes are staged etc. When reality tv first came on the scene it was new and interesting but now no one really cares to watch how dull other peoples lives are so they have to make them more interesting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Almost every reality show is scripted or edited for entertainment purposes, especially the ones from the US. Hells Kitchen, Wife Swap and others like these all have disclaimers at the beginning or end of the show stating that some scenes are staged etc. When reality tv first came on the scene it was new and interesting but now no one really cares to watch how dull other peoples lives are so they have to make them more interesting.
I had no idea about the disclaimers for some shows. Damn, that's pretty ridiculous. You learn something new everyday!

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts