Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think WWE should bring back Vince Russo full time to write for RAW and Smackdown. I haven't seen any changes on either show despite having Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman on the payroll. They need to go in a different direction. These wrestlers could really do something if they had a great mind like Vince Russo to work with them.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I think WWE should bring back Vince Russo full time to write for RAW and Smackdown. I haven't seen any changes on either show despite having Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman on the payroll. They need to go in a different direction. These wrestlers could really do something if they had a great mind like Vince Russo to work with them.
Russo won't admit it but he had several cases of burnout. He did claim that SmackDown was one of the reasons why he left WWF back then, even though WCW also had 2 shows. Russo's ideas were once brilliant, but unfortunately lots of his ideas in TNA were d.o.a.

HHH was completely dismissive of Russo claiming he didn't know how to end storylines even though HHH doesn't either, and I don't think Steph likes him either. Having Russo back as a full-time writer wouldn't work due to the stress he claims caused him to leave knowing WWE has grown since then.

Even after all that, I could see him back in WWE one day as a creative consultant but not anytime soon.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know some people will say he came up with things that didn't make sense. Ole Anderson, Kevin Sullivan and Dusty Rhodes also did the same thing. I'm not going to even get started on the Black Scorpion.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Russo won't admit it but he had several cases of burnout. He did claim that SmackDown was one of the reasons why he left WWF back then, even though WCW also had 2 shows. Russo's ideas were once brilliant, but unfortunately lots of his ideas in TNA were d.o.a.

HHH was completely dismissive of Russo claiming he didn't know how to end storylines even though HHH doesn't either, and I don't think Steph likes him either. Having Russo back as a full-time writer wouldn't work due to the stress he claims caused him to leave knowing WWE has grown since then.

Even after all that, I could see him back in WWE one day as a creative consultant but not anytime soon.
Triple H claimed Russo didn't know how to end the Stephanie Mcmahon/Test angle and that he wrote the "amnesia" angle to buy time.

This was proven false as the amnesia angle happened in UK where Russo wasn't in fact Russo was in Atlanta signing with WCW.

Russo has stated that he did have the ending of that story, Test was gonna stand Stephanie up at the wedding.

So if Russo didn't leave, Triple H wouldn't have ruined the WWF/WWE and Chyna life

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember reading about the Test and Triple H storyline. Vince Russo said he did have a conclusion. He also tried to turn Val Venis into a main eventer.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No, they really don’t. They just need fo Vince McMahon to die. Sounds harsh, but into it occurs WWE will still continue to suffer. It’s obvious reports that he rips up scripts hours before the show that he is still in full control of everything.

It seemed like for a few weeks, things were turning a corner, but things are actually worse than ever. There are no credible heels. No one has momentum. KO went from an incredibly over bad ass type face, to whatever the Hell he is now. They stumbled upon something potentially great with Buddy Murphy, but it wasn’t by design, so they’ll just squander that I’m sure.

The entire Reigns storyline has turned into a disaster. Rollins who was once easily one of their fanbase’s most beloved faces is getting more and more mixed reactions by the week. The don’t utilize their talented tag team division at all.

Their roster blows AEW’s and NXT’s away. Yet, NXT consistently puts on a better show, and I’m sure AEW will, too.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vince Russo created the group Too Cool. I saw these guys at a live show and they are so entertaining. Scotty 2 Hotty gets the fans going crazy for The Worm. Rikishi's Stinkface is legendary and should have a list of its own.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Triple H claimed Russo didn't know how to end the Stephanie Mcmahon/Test angle and that he wrote the "amnesia" angle to buy time.

This was proven false as the amnesia angle happened in UK where Russo wasn't in fact Russo was in Atlanta signing with WCW.

Russo has stated that he did have the ending of that story, Test was gonna stand Stephanie up at the wedding.

So if Russo didn't leave, Triple H wouldn't have ruined the WWF/WWE and Chyna life
You might have missed the point where I pointed out that it was HHH that doesn't know how to properly end storylines. I was pointing out that Russo can't be blamed for HHH's excuses when HHH does it worse. The main point of what I was saying is that Russo cannot possibly be a full-time writer in WWE because of his previous burnouts and admission of stress. Russo once had great ideas.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Either WWE or AEW would benefit immensely from a Vince Russo, but neither Vince or Cody has the balls to swallow their pride and go to him. Russo is a shit head writer if he has complete control and final say, but as long as he has someone above him who has final say, can take the good ideas and tweak them, and toss out the terrible ideas, he would be an invaluable addition.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, it can’t get any worse than it already is. I would much rather watch something produced by Vince Russo than Eric Bischoff that’s for damn sure.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Well, it can’t get any worse than it already is. I would much rather watch something produced by Vince Russo than Eric Bischoff that’s for damn sure.
Heyman and Bischoff are over the wrestling business at this point and are in it for the check. Say what you will about Russo, but I still think he's passionate about the business and writing, and while a lot of his ideas might fail, they don't fail from lack of creativity or effort.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm a Vince Russo guy

Listening to him he understands the business. He understands that drama sells and people want to see characters.

Vince Russo as had a lot of bad ideas, but you know what I'll take a shit storyline over no storylines at this point.

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
That Russo/TNA relationship didn't turn out well for TNA. The 90s are gone. TV overall has changed a lot since the 90s.

WWE doesn't need Vince Russo. They just need for Vince McMahon to step down and retire.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
If Russo came back today he'd probably quit on his own within a couple of months, for the same reasons he did so back in 2002 - there's too many voices in the writer's room (and zero guarantee that he'd even be the head writer like he was in the 90's), he wouldn't get as much face time with McMahon as he'd like, he'd quickly grow frustrated with Vince probably tearing up his scripts, etc. It's a much different environment now than it was back then

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,340 Posts
Even Vince Russo would tell you that WWE doesnt need Vince Russo.

Now Konnan?

That's a dude who would be great in the head of creative.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts