Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we all know, ever since late February, NXT has replaced ECW and brought up 8 Wrestlers from their Developmental Territory, FCW.

That said, with the additions of all 7 members of the Nexus(and probably Bryan Danielson again somewhere down the road), Austin Creed(Consequences Creed in TNA), 6-7 probable incoming NXT Season 2 Rookies, possibly ANOTHER group of NXT Rookies if the show gets renewed again for a third season, AND now ROH Champion Tyler Black; does anybody else agree with me that WWE should start getting rid of dead weight on the roster to make room for all the incoming talent?

And if WWE does start releasing talent, which superstars could you see getting the pink slip? Which ones do you want to see gone?

EDIT: I accidentally put a comma in the thread title instead of a period. :eek:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I think they should cut some people out and release them.

My first votes for people to get chucked out go to William Regal and Mark Henry.

·
Registered
498 Posts
They can defiantly skim off a few people here and there. But to be honest they need to restructure the mid and upper mid card looks first and add a little depth to a tag division before they go crazy cutting people. There are a good number that can go, and I imagine they will slowly start to lose time on superstars and their branch before just fading away.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Honestly they need to end the brand split. They can keep making the rosters bigger all they want but quality > quantity. And the quality of the talent right now is weak. Smackdown is fucking pitiful right now with garbage like Kane and Swagger winning world titles. They could release alot of people right now.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hm.
I really don't see many people in WWE lockerroom that should be fired. Everybody there can put a very good show. But I guess Ezekiel Jackson and Tyler Reks could use some time on developmental to improve their characters and gimmicks.
Chris Masters... ok, Chris Masters I could see trying his luck elsewhere.

Also, there's the rumours about the iminent retiring of Kane and Finlay... I would give these two excelent workers the rest they worked so hard to deserve. (Finlay would keep working backstage, probably)

I guess all I got is 5...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Their "cleaning out" period should start with WWE writers. The talent is there, they're just not given very much to work with.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Their "cleaning out" period should start with WWE writers. The talent is there, they're just not given very much to work with.
I agree with this. Fire the rejects who couldn't even get a job writing for soap operas, and hire some decent writers for once.

Good stories will let people's true talent show.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I also agree about the writers. For the first time in years, I really couldn't care less what happens on Raw or Smackdown. The current story lines just don't interest me the slightest and I can only go on for so long on the basis of sheer wrestling ability with nothing else about the product entertaining me. The current roster minus the NXT season 2 rookies would be fine if WWE just used the wrestlers to their fullest potential, which no one in the world could say they do.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
They need to filter out a lot of the incoming "talent" too, as they're not all that great. Half of Nexus sucks, most of NXT 2 sucks as well. They're just there to make up numbers i think. The only real quality I've seen from the first 2 NXT groups has been Danielson, Barrett, Tarver, Kaval, Riley and maybe Hennig. The rest can go i think. Austin Creed really aint that good, haven't seen Tyler Black and if there was an NXT 3 I'd say 5-6 of those guys would be dead weight as well.

Not many of these incoming talents actually have that much of a future.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
I just browsed throught the rosters and I like most of the talent. I wish Matt Hardy would go away. Possibly the Bellas too, but I don't really mind them.
The Great Khali should probably retire soon enough.
Also, what is Tyler Reks doing on the Smackdown roster?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I could see MVP maybe going. I love the guy, but he should have been a world champ by now, if he was ever going to be. Now he just seems to have random stints on tag teams and low-card matches here and there (from what I watch, anyway).

That's all I really have, I don't pay enough attention to the lower guys, they don't interest me much.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
They'll be releasing the guys that aint worth money to them anymore, the vanilla guys who have no audience at all.

The only way they'll fire any writers is if they have more Hollywood guys to bring in, in their place.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I could also see MVP getting axed soon. If not by the end of 2010, definitely sometime in the middle of 2011. His "playmaker" stint really doesn't go over as a face and the product is beyond crowded with more than enough heels right now and likely will be for quite some time. Especially when you have main event-caliber stars like Edge, Swagger, and McIntyre that (would) make terrible babyfaces and other babyfaces like Rey, Cena, and HHH that will never get out of the way anytime soon. That puts people like MVP that have been around in that midcard stalemate for quite some time already in a really bad place right now. Especially with WWE pushing a swarm of newer talent.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
After the NExus angle is complete fire everyone but Barrett and Gabriel. And then Khali, Hornswoggle, Khali's manager, Kozlov, Jackson, Shad and JTG

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
What so TNA can sweep them up and make them 'World' champions?
WWE wouldn't care if TNA made a 'World' Champion out of Zach Ryder or JTG or Tyler Reks or someone they haven't given a second look to in years. Hell, even Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan couldn't do anything for TNA, let alone some jobbers. It is not like they'll release Cena or Mysterio or someone big.

After the NExus angle is complete fire everyone but Barrett and Gabriel. And then Khali, Hornswoggle, Khali's manager, Kozlov, Jackson, Shad and JTG
If they fire Tarver, it will be a travesty.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts