Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Divas just make them sound like superficial models who like to shop and get their nails done. In what way does Diva say "I'm a strong, powerful, smart, kick ass wrestler"? Diva generally means a prima donna, why refer to them as Divas?

Ok it made sense back when WWE just used women for sex appeal and arm candy but now with this Divas Revolution it would be a good time to stop calling them Divas and just call them women or something that doesn't sound so degrading.

I know this will never happen though as long as Total Divas is going strong. But calling them divas just seems like it belittles them and makes them sound like an irrelevant division whos only there to look pretty.

This would also be a good time to ditch that horrible silver butterfly belt that looks like nothing more than a barbie doll accessory. It would be so awesome if this Divas Revolution lead to them all throwing that ugly belt into a trash can and bringing back the Women's Title. I mean that would make this whole revolution actually mean something and actually change the division.

Calling them Divas in the past never bothered me much but now with Sasha, Charlotte and Becky coming in as these bad ass wrestlers whos there to shake up the division and change it, it just feels wrong that they're referred to as Divas.

·
None but ourselves
3,430 Posts
I think this was given one star not because it's a bad point but because it's similar to saying "they should call it wrestling instead of 'sports entertainment'" - I don't know of anyone who disagrees and by this point I don't know of anyone who hasn't already expressed that near unanimous opinion.

I don't fault you for that, maybe you haven't been here when it's been mentioned previously. Some people won't look at it from your perspective though so expect more low ratings and a frosty reception.

...and I completely agree, obviously. I literally have never seen a single person disagree about the Divas thing.

·
Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts
I can't stand the term Diva either but as long as Total Divas is around, the term has to stay, unfortunately. Maybe after the show is cancelled they can call them women again.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Has anyone else noticed when referring to Sasha being the NXT Women's Champion on Raw they just call it the 'NXT Championship'? That's Vince and Dunn hating the word Women that. And hating the concept of their female talent being women.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Has anyone else noticed when referring to Sasha being the NXT Women's Champion on Raw they just call it the 'NXT Championship'? That's Vince and Dunn hating the word Women that.
Yeah i noticed that too, and i guess thats why they wont let her bring the NXT Women's title on the main roster cause its got the word womens on the top of it.

·
Banned
9,033 Posts
I don't think it's degrading, but other than that I agree with you fully.

The divas title also looks like a stupid toy for little girls, bring back the Women's title is what I say.

·
Banned
91 Posts
This is stupid because they are Divas. Most of them are caked in make up, have fake tits, and act like bitches in the ring and in their promos AKA divas!!! They are Divas (yes, even the so called Anti Diva is a Diva) and your ignorant if you think otherwise.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is stupid because they are Divas. Most of them are caked in make up, have fake tits, and act like bitches in the ring and in their promos AKA divas!!! They are Divas (yes, even the so called Anti Diva is a Diva) and your ignorant if you think otherwise.
Yeah as i said in the past it made sense but now with this so called revolution with the women who don't have fake tits and are there because they love to wrestle, the term Diva should be changed. Otherwise this revolution don't mean shit.

Just because they wear makeup doesn't make them a diva, all women wear makeup. When i think of Diva i think of someone like Nikki Bella, not someone like Paige who wears all black and likes Rock music.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Yeah as i said in the past it made sense but now with this so called revolution with the women who don't have fake tits and are there because they love to wrestle, the term Divas should be changed. Otherwise this revolution don't mean shit.
But they still stuff their faces with make up (ALL OF THEM) and they just bitch about each other on the mic aka burying the competition so yeah they're divas regardless of some pseudo revolution BOI

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Oh boy..

Why do you feminist even bother? This is a scripted sport, it's all a fairy tale nothing is real they're not women they're characters.

So what if they're referred to as "divas", the women in TNA are deemed knockouts another word for sexy women.

If they change their division name, might as well stop calling the men "superstars" because it makes them seem better than the average man.

And the divas title wasn't held by A man in Drag, and Stephanie mcmahon like the women's title.

Everyone wants the ladies in WWE to be manly and just get rid of all of their feminine qualities.

I hope they never change the name just to piss off wrestling elitists who want WWE to be a backyard wrestling promotion.

Btw Sasha bank's character is the epitome of a "diva" the attitude,her mannerisms,she has a damn slap in her moveset.

I can't.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Funny that nobody inside business bother that(minus maybe Lance Storm but not sure if he count) including divas themselves(most of them still called themselves divas) yet neckbeards have problem???

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny that nobody inside business bother that(minus maybe Lance Storm but not sure if he count) including divas themselves(most of them still called themselves divas) yet neckbeards have problem???
You don't think Paige and others hate it? Paige even said on Austins podcast she would like the divas title gone and the womens title brought back. I think that indicates she doesn't like being referred to as a Diva.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts