Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These 2 have a lot of potential and they are so talented in the ring will fit this era so much.

Wade Barret is back in wrestling so it looks like his passion is still there.

Cody Rhodes wrestles outside the WWE and all he needed was to be relevant again so he can do it again by just good booking.

They will have a place on the roster specially on Smackdown.

I consider Barret one of the biggest talents wasted by WWE.

I even want him to come back more than I want Punk to do.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Re: WWE needs to get Wade Barret and Cody Rhodes back

Wade Barrett is definitely main-event material if they used him properly. He is fucking awesome on the mic, and solid in the ring, I'd say he's a better promo cutter than 85-95% of the current roster.

Then again, WWE definitely didn't want him to shine. As Barrett said himself, he really worked hard and did the best he could with what he was given. He asked for the podium along with his BNB gimmick, turned something that sounded 'meh' on paper and turned it into one of my favorite gimmicks ever. But shortly after, WWE took away his podium and gavel when he got cheered and became really over with it, and watered him down. The crowd was white hot for him on the RAW after Mania, and instead of doing the logical thing of turning him babyface they decided to keep him heel and suppress him. Just look at his promos as BNB, he could've been the first ever British WWE Champion if they gave him the opportunity to shine. Hell, even ADR was WWE Champ, Barrett definitely is way more qualified than him to hold that title.

ALL HAIL KING BARRETT

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

Both of them have value in coming back. Barrett can come back as main eventer, and Rhodes can come back as another representative of Bullet Club and one that can represent Bullet Club in the upper midcard.

Plus, Barrett is a really good heel commentator. He does have a habit of overhyping some promotions and wrestlers(I've been in the ring with Rey Mysterio a 100 times and I've only beaten him once and that was because I got lucky. Really Stu?). Could be great if they want a heel comentator to replace JBL. And the best part about him is his tendency to smash heel jobbers with the bullhammer when they annoy him too much then go back to his seat like nothing happened.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts

Sure why not? Let's add two more boring wrestlers to the ever growing list on the roster :clap

·
4,025 Posts

Sure why not? Let's add two more boring wrestlers to the ever growing list on the roster :clap
This segment alone is more entertaining than what 85% of the roster has done in their entire career.

·
Registered
24,709 Posts

I mean for being former midcard title holders sure they have some value. But I don't think anyone gives two fucks either way. Barrett I think could of and should have been bigger he not get injured at bad times and the Nexus thing. Barrett right now though has no momentum I don't get that signing.

As far as Cody I feel like Cody is a true midcarder that people desperately want to see more from because he's Dusty son, it's just Cody doesn't have top star intangibles. I feel like folk go he's Dusty's son, he's not necessarily bad at anything, and he looks nice he should be a star. When I think it's clear Cody just isn't a guy you build around. He's not interesting

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

They did virtually nothing with them when they were there , they wouldn't do anything with them now. Cody Rhodes was basically forced to stay as a character he hated, why would he want to go back and why would the WWE try to make him a main eventer? They didn't value him before, they aren't goign to value him now

·
4,025 Posts

They did virtually nothing with them when they were there , they wouldn't do anything with them now. Cody Rhodes was basically forced to stay as a character he hated, why would he want to go back and why would the WWE try to make him a main eventer? They didn't value him before, they aren't goign to value him now
Sadly there isn't a market for Cody but one for Jinder, opportunities only go to those who can make money for Vince :(

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts

Cody signed a full time deal with Ring of Honor. One of his last scheduled Indy dates for awhile is on August 5th in Austin Texas, Cody has no desire to go back to the WWE. His currently character is the American nightmare.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts

Cody maybe, but Barrett..Why? He can talk (sort of), but he can´t stay injury free for a month.

·
4,025 Posts

Cody signed a full time deal with Ring of Honor. One of his last scheduled Indy dates for awhile is on June 25th in Austin Texas, Cody has no desire to go back to the WWE. His currently character is the American nightmare.
Barrett is wandering around the indies right now, sign him back and put the strap on him already. He's 10x better than all the guys currently in the main event on both brands.

Damn Maggle even corpsed here:

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

Sadly there isn't a market for Cody but one for Jinder, opportunities only go to those who can make money for Vince :(
Cody was getting solid reactions for his work with Stardust, not to mention he was on Arrow and people wanted him to go back to Cody Rhodes after the death of Dusty. I can see him having a solid run at the top of the card, maybe not champion but a lot better off than his Stardust gimmick he had going

·
4,025 Posts

Cody was getting solid reactions for his work with Stardust, not to mention he was on Arrow and people wanted him to go back to Cody Rhodes after the death of Dusty. I can see him having a solid run at the top of the card, maybe not champion but a lot better off than his Stardust gimmick he had going
I mean yeah, he pleaded to go back to his old gimmick, WWE refused. The day he decided to quit was when he confronted the man with 3 H's and Senile Vince, when the two said he'll never be main-event material, he realized his dreams will never be achieved and that he'd be better off somewhere else instead of wasting time in the WWE.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

I sure as hell wouldn't start watching again if they returned but I need Cody off the Indy scene immediately so....

BRING THEM BOTH BACK, VINNY MAC!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts

Barrett offers nothing but being tall and having an accent.

Rhodes offers pretty much everything else.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts

Barrett is one of the most underrated talents in modern wrestling history.

Rhodes is a phenomenal in ring talent, but cant seem to connect with the audience when he talks. Rhodes has a phenomenal mind for the business (coincidentally, Rhodes has been credited to developing the Bad News Barrett gimmick for Barrett). He would be a strong asset in WWE Creative or any booking job in other promotions. He can probably retire at a young age, and work behind the scenes.

WWE should hire both back; push Barrett and give Rhodes a backstage role where he can help develop new talent and storylines.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts