Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I feel like theres a huge gap in the shows with only the WWE championship. Part of that is having a part time champion, but with a 3 hour show, why not have 2 main titles? Give the WWE title to the big vascular men who the senile boss faps to and the WHC to people like DB, Ziggler, Ambrose, Cesaro, etc... A brand split would work well with that but its not necessary. Just my thoughts.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
Agreed for guys like Bryan, Ziggler, Cesaro, etc.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I heard from a media studies class, we tend to repeat pop culture in 20 years cycles. In 2000s we romanticized the 80s, and in '10s we are giving 90s culture a renaissance. I suppose 2015 is WWE 1995. Reigns = Nash, and Bryan = Bret/Shawn. You'll get a secondary title next decade when NXT title gains more exposure and prestige.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
It would work if they actually would make it a title worth fighting over, but just like at the end before they combined them it's be a higher-profile IC title where the champ loses all the time and looks like a geek until he retains and no one cares.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
We have the IC Champion jobbing regularly on TV every week and a US Title that either exists or it doesn't depending on how Vince McMahon is feeling that particular week.

The problem isn't the number of titles. The problem is the writing.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Yes, please. I miss the WHC and it would free but the IC and US titles a bit so have better feuds formed around them instead of stuffing like 5 dudes around the IC title.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
The IC title needs to take it's place, but it has been an afterthought for so many years it would be really hard to make it seem to have prestige again

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Agreed. I feel like something's missing, it's probably the WHC.

·
Administrator
59,279 Posts
This keeps getting brought up but I'll keep it open.

You cannot have two World titles with one brand. Ultimately the WWE title would be placed above the World title like before, and a World title should never, ever play second fiddle to any other title. Otherwise you aren't a true World Champion.

The problem is how WWE uses their mid-card titles. They are worthless props that does not elevate the title holders. In many cases champions have lost steam due to losing clean often, not being protected, and not being put over as important. If you're not a main-eventer in today's WWE, you're a geek.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nope. Only 1 title is needed. It's silly to have 2 titles. Makes zero sense. Plus both titles would never be treated with the same amount of prestige. Which ever title cena has will be the real title and the other one will be irrelevant. Wwe has a writing problem , not a lack of titles problem

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
As a fan I enjoyed having more titles. The argument against this is "Having more titles devalues them all" but we have seen that this is simply not true. Axing the WHC did NOTHING for the World, IC, and US titles. Having that second world title gave Wrestlers that deserved a top spot the chance to have higher profile matches. Plus the WHC design is by far my favorite title of all time. Love that Big Gold Belt.

I even enjoyed having two sets of Tag Team titles. I'd rather see two large tag divisions with teams like Deuce and Domino, Jesse and Festus, Eddie and Chavo, M&M, Londrick, Smackdown had a decent to amazing tag team title picture for YEARS!

·
The Texas Hammer
231 Posts

1 brand, 1 champion. The issue isn't not having the WHC, it's the lackluster writing/storytelling. And just having Ambrose, Wyatt, or any other rising star as a multi-time WHC champ won't change anything.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
They don't need a second world champ, they need to make the IC belt prestigious. It's not like bringing in a secind world title will mean anything if it's booked like the IC and US belts.

Reactions: RobertRoodeFan

·
Registered
358 Posts
-Make Raw go back to 2 hours.
-Split the roster between Raw and Smackdown
-Make the IC belt Raw-exclusive and the US belt Smackdown-exclusive

The problem isn't the lack of a second "world" title...it's the lack of a credible secondary title

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
With Brock Lesnar being the WWE champ and hardly ever being there they've had the perfect opportunity to make the IC/US titles mean something again but oddlyonly now in the build for mania are they really focusing on it, with Cena finally acknowledging he wants the US title and pretty obviously winning it at mania, he can really elevate it IF he is actually booked to take it seriously and defend it rather than giving it away for fucking free the next night on Raw (which wouldn't surprise me!). Then you have Ambrose/Zigger/Barrett scraping for the IC title and actually finally acting like it's something worth fighting for. Hopefully Ambrose has a good solid IC run, you know actually defends it unlike his joke of a US champion run. We don't need the WHC back if these two titles are treated properly and elevated a bit, having two world champions is stupid on one roster.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts