Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....to help put over some of the young mid/upper mid card heels.

Lets face it, Rey's a draw. He's probably the 2nd most recognisable face in the WWE to non wrestling fans. (Not including Taker).

WWE has an abundance of rising (or in some cases, stale), mid/upper mid card heels, who would benefit from feuding with Rey. He is one of those rare guys that can believably move up and down the card. Big Show is the only other face who is anywhere near the unique position that Rey is in. Christian could play that role, but Vince won't for some reason.

The thing with Big Show, is the fact that it's not really believable for the likes of Dolph, Miz, Wade etc, to go over him. Rey is the perfect stepping stone for these heels to move up to the main event scene. Plus, the chances are, he would make them look great in the ring.

Thoughts.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I still don't understand why Rey feuded with Cody last year, and Rey went over.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
The thing with Big Show, is the fact that it's not really believable for the likes of Dolph, Miz, Wade etc, to go over him. Rey is the perfect stepping stone for these heels to move up to the main event scene. Plus, the chances are, he would make them look great in the ring.
Because of their size? That's never going to change, so if that is a problem, why should they ever reach the top? If you believe Show is always going to look more credible than them, what's the point in elevating them to begin with?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because of their size? That's never going to change, so if that is a problem, why should they ever reach the top? If you believe Show is always going to look more credible than them, what's the point in elevating them to begin with?
Let me ask you something. When was the last time Big Show lost CLEAN? To anybody, not just mid-carders.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I still don't understand why Rey feuded with Cody last year, and Rey went over.
He didn't really. Cody looked great coming out of that feud and even though he won the last match, Cody beat him twice didn't he?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say they need Mysterio back to put over upper mid card heels because when has he actually done that before? That's the problem, they have guys like Mysterio and Big Show who could really help make a mid carder a star but whenever they feud with anyone the heel comes off not looking any better because WWE always makes these two come out on top

·
Registered
616 Posts
IWC hates Rey on general but I can't help but like him.

He very rarely headlines PPVs.
He's rarely holding the belt.
He has won WWE Championship once...and they made it look like a joke.

He's (almost) always in upper midcard.
He's (almost) always working with new/upcoming/rising/rebuilding talents.
He wins often but he also puts people over a lot more. See Del Rio...Rey jobbed 100% to him.
You can hate 619 as much as you want but he's exciting to watch in the ring. The guy always has good match with pretty much anyone.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily say they need Mysterio back to put over upper mid card heels because when has he actually done that before? That's the problem, they have guys like Mysterio and Big Show who could really help make a mid carder a star but

are you shitting me?

Del Rio was MADE from his feud with Rey. Rey jobbed each match they had. I can't remember a single time Rey won against Rio.

The Punk/Rey feud was great. Sure Rey won but he was a face...more importantly Punk was booked shitty.

Cody Rhodes was put on spotlight when he feud against Rey.

He put R-Truth over at some point last year or so.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not that their size is a problem, but I think that any match that, say Cody Rhodes has, against the Big Show will pretty much consist of Big Show throwing him around for the entire match and then maybe Rhodes getting a cheap win. Does nothing for Rhodes because he's been thrown around like a jobber the whole match. It's more a problem with how Big Show is booked IMO, nobody but other big men look credible against him.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't necessarily say they need Mysterio back to put over upper mid card heels because when has he actually done that before? That's the problem, they have guys like Mysterio and Big Show who could really help make a mid carder a star but whenever they feud with anyone the heel comes off not looking any better because WWE always makes these two come out on top
Cody, CM Punk, Del Rio. All last year.

·
Survivor
1,119 Posts
I really don't miss Rey Rey...Yes, he could but someone over from the moment he's back, but we have to say: he's gettin old for his style of Wrestling, and he's always out because of injury. Best thing for him would be to stop wrestling, or just to get in the ring from time to time.

I would be more exicted to hear that Sin Cara is returning then Mysterio.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The WWE could always use a healthy Mysterio.

The thing with Mysterio is that they have put him over as this "Ultimate Underdog" so many times that he can't just lose to any midcard heel.

He has put over Cody before. Same with Del Rio. Mysterio vs. Del Rio fued was mostly good because Mysterio didn't fight back after getting attacked by Del Rio so many times. Kind of like Cena losing to the Rock and then getting wooped by Lesnar several weeks in a row. It was a shocking thing.

Now on the opposite side, theres Big Show and Kane who jobbed for a long period of time to several people and now when they get a big push, I find it hard to get behind it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
With realistic booking Rey can be great, in the CM Punk feud in 2010 he just kept winning and winning and it was ridiculous although the matches were good, I also hate when they just randomly had him go over Kane in throwaway matches, in his feud with Cody however he actually lost sometimes which is how you get heels over.

I just hope he comes back from injury at the right time so he's not as limited in the ring, I'd love to see Rey have a feud with Sin Cara, Hunico, or one of the up and comers like Damien Sandow or Antonio Cesaro.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Rey is the third biggest overall star in the company with Cena and Orton, he's important for the brand, especially in markets like Mexico and Italy, he's a legit huge drawing card there and had effect on PPVs and gates in the past, Almost as big as Batista was in his special markets like the Philippines when he was able to draw on his name alone. All that without talking about the merchandise to kids which he is as big as Cena. And the fact that he's one of the best workers in the company along with Orton and Christian. So yeah, WWE desperately need healthy Rey back.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Rey has consistantly had some of the best feuds in the company over the past several years with Rhodes, Del Rio, Batista, Jericho. Rey to me is the key guy to get Bryan to hit that next level of stardom. Sheamus is failing as a babyface and the crowd is going to let him know it at Extreme Rules. A well built Rey/Bryan feud would be amazing.

·
Registered
333 Posts
rey needs to be back. i liked his music playing as the show gets back from commercials, made me have a feeling a good match was coming up, an unpredictable one too. i'd like to see rey break the winning streak of tensai/ryback to bring his credibility back. as he is one of the top stars in wwe for casuals

1 - 20 of 48 Posts