Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Needs more Titles

1456 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  brewjo32
IMO the WWE needs to bring back the Cruiserweight title, the Womens Tag Team Titles, The IC Tag Team Titles, and the European Championship.

Cruiserweight Title they have a stacked roster of guys under 215 lbs that would kill it. If done right the CW Title could be on par with the WHC just like the UFC Titles are.

Roster: Kenta, Kalisto, Sin Cara, Neville, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Gargano, Rich Swann, Xaiver Woods, Heath Slater, Adam Rose, Chad Gable, etc.

The Divas title should revert back to the Womens World Championship.

Bring back the Women's Tag Team Titles would also create more teams and alliances between the women.

The should also bring back the European Title and really use it on tours of Europe or amongst European Wrestlers and as a 3rd tier title.
See less
IMO the WWE needs to bring back the Cruiserweight title, the Womens Tag Team Titles, The IC Tag Team Titles, and the European Championship.

Cruiserweight Title they have a stacked roster of guys under 215 lbs that would kill it. If done right the CW Title could be on par with the WHC just like the UFC Titles are.

Roster: Kenta, Kalisto, Sin Cara, Neville, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze, Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Gargano, Rich Swann, Xaiver Woods, Heath Slater, Adam Rose, Chad...
See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,379 Posts
Someone seriously made a "cruiserweight title" thread in last 24 hours.

I hate to say people waste space, but I mean give us something to work with, at least word it, so you get a response to actual opinion instead of everyone now gonna call you an idiot.

You can look at my last couple posts, I tend to get responses I want, I usually look for general inquiry on ideas and opinions.

· Registered
620 Posts
Personally I don't think more titles is wise.

The cruiserweight title limits the ceiling for smaller guys to break out in today's WWE. Rey Mysterio and even Kalisto today are booked to hang with the bigger guys now. If the cruiserweight title returns then the glass ceiling is that division only for many smaller guys and that is not fair when we all know they are worthy of competing for prestigious titles.

The divas division does not have the roster to maintain a tag team title, yes things are finally looking up but seriously does anyone want to see another division ruled by the likes of the Bellas taking on legendary teams like Naomi and Tamina and Summer Rae & Rosa Mendes?? it would tank.
WWE should focus on making their divas/women's championship prestigious with the quality players.

The only one I would consider is the European title as the OP said as a European tour exclusive to add a attraction to those shows. But even that is not a essential.

Remember too many titles devalues, if loads of people are champions then what is unique about being a champion?

I personally would get rid of the US title too.
In today's WWE only 4 championships are needed.
WWE World Heavyweight championship for the top guys symbolising the best.
Intercontinental championship for the guys on the rise, a workhorse title.
WWE Tag Team championship for Tag Teams obviously.
Women's championship (replacing the divas) for the female wrestlers.

· Registered
8,293 Posts
Just build better singles feuds. Not every feud has to revolve around a title. The quicker WWE realizes this the better. Especially when it comes to the divas. You are either in the current title feud or you are off TV (unless you are on total divas). Make some personal non title feuds. And no not feuds that revolve around a storyline on total divas the week before.

Reactions: Drago

· Registered
570 Posts
They have plenty of titles, they rarely use those ones properly as it is.

One possible addition that could fit into the matches they have anyway would be a female tag championship as the pointless tag matches could then lead to something more than filling time on Raw or SD.

· Registered
8,293 Posts
They have plenty of titles, they rarely use those ones properly as it is.

One possible addition that could fit into the matches they have anyway would be a female tag championship as the pointless tag matches could then lead to something more than filling time on Raw or SD.
Or they could learn to build a feud that doesn't revolve around a title. It's really not that hard, I dk why they can't seem to get that.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
I agree, WWE needs more titles. Don't stop until everyone has more titles than Ultimo Dragon after Starrcade 96.'
Everyone should have at least 1 title. Fans would be happy then! :mj4

· Registered
2,031 Posts
I'd be OK with the TV Title coming back if it was in honor of Arn Anderson, one of the greatest TV Title holders.

Hardcore title would never be ECW / Attitude Era so I'd be let down. European? blah. Cruiserweight? maybe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.