Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello wrestling forum fans

before i start if this thread has been done before im sory im new to the site so if some dik wants to come on here and say its been done before or he doesnt care etc etc please dont comment

Now back to my post iv been watchin WWE since about 1999.it was when i got sky tv and i couldnt find wcw on it. Now i have seen WWE slowly but surely decline from when i first started watching and all i can say is I MISS WCW AND ECW

both those companies gave WWE a run for there money made vinces creative team actually work on the shows instead of airing whatever shit came to mind at the time.

the main things that annoy me are

The death of the cruiserweights:when i watched WCW i loved nothing more than seeing Rey jr against Kidman it was always a good match and it always was an exciting way to fill up time on show or PPV but WWE has killed it off. i love Rey Mysterio but if someone told me back when rey was in WCW he would be a the world heavyweight champion i would have laughed. So Bring back the Cruiserweights

The joke they call the tag titles: i actualyy cringe watching tag teams in WWE. We used to get the new age outlaws road warriors the dudleys the hardys Edge and Christian and now we have Santino and Kozlov.... WTF!! I think right now Beer Money are the best tag team and would love to see them in WWE but knowing WWE they would give them the belts and then split them up a month later. Tag team wrestling for me was always exciting but i just wonder why vinny mac decided that it didnt matter anymore. so plz revamp the tag division with decent tag teams

Whatever happened to Hardcore?? OMG there was nothing i liked more than seeing someone go through a table or hit with a stop sign or a kendo stik but again that form of wrestling has been killed in WWE i can remember watching hardcore matches in WCW with Bam Bam bigelow Hak and Raven and two things made them good the violence and the funny commentary always made me laugh

The state of the commentary team: were the hell is Tony Schvionne when you need him. i used to love WCW for the wrestling and the commentators ideally id love to see JR and King on Raw and Mike Tenay and Tony Schvionne on Smackdown because those four know how to call a wrestling match and i would fire michael cole or demote him back to backstage interviewer.

Not pushing talent: Shelton benjamin remember him i would have killed to see him suceed in WWE because he was entertaning they just push the wrong people at the wrong time.

So does anyone realisticly think wwe woudld still be in this state if they had WCW and ECW still around? its obvious it would be better

Now i know ECW going Bankrupt was most likely their own fault and i know that WCW killed itself but all im saying is i wish they hadnt for the sake of WWE

As for TNA

TNA had promise. i began by labelling it the dumping ground for WWE because at one point over half its roster was made up of ex WWE stars but at one point it was good and if back then i think it was just before angle and that began arriving i think if back then if they had moved to monday nights we would have had a monday night war that might have lasted but now Hogan and Bischoff and Russo look like they are killing TNA dont get me wrong i love Hogan he is one of my favourite wrestlers ever but please hulk stik to that dont try and take creative control tna was doing fine before you got there if i was to change TNA i would sack russo and replace him with paul heymen i mean come on the master minds behind WCW and ECW im sure they could come up with a product worth putting on monday nights to challenge WWE

all i hope for is that TNA steps up its game to the point were WWE considers them a threat and begins to try again.

·
Registered
727 Posts
haha i tried reading bro but it was too long. btw welcome to the forums. youll find out real fast that people are not very nice on here.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I don't necessarily agree with all your individual points, but I'll agree with the main notion that they need REAL competition.

It's probably the only thing that would force them into getting out of this safe formula they're in that's nowhere near as entertaining as the product used to be.

I don't see it coming though - the overall wrestling fanbase in North America has declined too much for anyone with the serious money needed to push at them like Turner did to even consider investing money.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
To the OP: WWE's decline in quality is sad to say the least. Completely agree that they need competition (or at least acknowledge the need to change). Sadly you'll find a lot of morons on this site who would be entertained if John Cena and Randy Orton battled it out for the next 15 years.

What's sad is (as I've said before) they keep teasing us with new and promising story lines (Nexus etc) only to screw it up.

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To the OP: WWE's decline in quality is sad to say the least. Completely agree that they need competition (or at least acknowledge the need to change). Sadly you'll find a lot of morons on this site who would be entertained if John Cena and Randy Orton battled it out for the next 15 years.

What's sad is (as I've said before) they keep teasing us with new and promising story lines (Nexus etc) only to screw it up.
when ou first saw the nexus angle what was your first thought? for me it was holy Shit NWO flashback and i know ppl will say dont use re hashed stoyline but the NWO was the base that built WCW Nexus could have helped rebuild WWE

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
WWE certainly needs competition but TNA would struggle even with the best writing in the world.

The product is watered down, yet that makes it easier to move into countries such as China, India and Russia. It also attracts more advertisers, and the syndicated television rights is now the biggest revenue stream. It has also led to lucrative licensing deals. He has a direction which won't change unless TNA starts cutting into his audience. That is unlikely with their lack of funding and grimey blood soaked product.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
when ou first saw the nexus angle what was your first thought? for me it was holy Shit NWO flashback and i know ppl will say dont use re hashed stoyline but the NWO was the base that built WCW Nexus could have helped rebuild WWE
It had flashes on nWo for sure. For me it was the most exciting prospect the WWE have had in years. New blood, new attitude, new storyline with endless possibilities and a possible brilliant twist/ conclusion. If they'd included a big name in it in the earlier stages it could have sky rocketed.

Every storyline is re-hashed to an extent. WWE need to have a look at why WCW dominated them for so many years and take a few notes out of their books.

Of course the writers have to pander to a very young audience these days, so a good thing like the Nexus were always going to be in trouble. I still think Punk can create something special out of this if it's written correctly. However this is current day WWE....I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
TNA is and if not now will be more than legit compettition and Im not even much of a fan. It has the stars just needs the right desicions..

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It had flashes on nWo for sure. For me it was the most exciting prospect the WWE have had in years. New blood, new attitude, new storyline with endless possibilities and a possible brilliant twist/ conclusion. If they'd included a big name in it in the earlier stages it could have sky rocketed.

Every storyline is re-hashed to an extent. WWE need to have a look at why WCW dominated them for so many years and take a few notes out of their books.

Of course the writers have to pander to a very young audience these days, so a good thing like the Nexus were always going to be in trouble. I still think Punk can create something special out of this if it's written correctly. However this is current day WWE....I'm not holding my breath.
iv already posted another thread on the Nexus NWO idea i just think they should make them a huge group again by uniting corre and new nexus give them the manager figure lyk bischoff was and a huge face heel turn like hogan back at bash at the beach then you would have somewere to start

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TNA is and if not now will be more than legit compettition and Im not even much of a fan. It has the stars just needs the right desicions..
thye have the stars they gree but as long as Vince Russo is involved they will just bet worse and worse

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
TheIrishProdigy™;9334353 said:
TNA aren't a threat, Vince doesn't care about TNA and even proved so in the 8 week Monday Night War. TNA had there chance to become big but that time has passed, the biggest mistake they made was moving to Mondays as most people watch TNA and RAW. When they moved back to Thursday most of there fans didn't even know that they weren't on Mondays anymore.

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
TheIrishProdigy™;9334353 said:
Not it won't. TNA will die one of these days and nobody will care. Even the right decision won't help them. They're a lost case.

WWE needs REAL competition. TNA is nothing more than a glorified indy fed that has a daddy's girl in charge.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
TNA aren't a threat, Vince doesn't care about TNA and even proved so in the 8 week Monday Night War. TNA had there chance to become big but that time has passed, the biggest mistake they made was moving to Mondays as most people watch TNA and RAW. When they moved back to Thursday most of there fans didn't even know that they weren't on Mondays anymore.
Not to mention those 8 episodes rank among the worst episodes in the wrestling history! They had nearly everything at their feet yet somehow did everything badly.

But what did we expect from the team of Russo,Hogan and Bischoff? Directed by the worst wrestling promoter since Jim Herd.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Not to mention those 8 episodes rank among the worst episodes in the wrestling history! They had nearly everything at their feet yet somehow did everything badly.

But what did we expect from the team of Russo,Hogan and Bischoff? Directed by the worst wrestling promoter since Jim Herd.
They were all horrible, TNA had the ball in there court but fucked it up.

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not it won't. TNA will die one of these days and nobody will care. Even the right decision won't help them. They're a lost case.

WWE needs REAL competition. TNA is nothing more than a glorified indy fed that has a daddy's girl in charge.
nicely put but i really think TNA is the only real hope of competition unless some billioniare buys Ring of Honour and gives it a live tv show on network tv

1 - 15 of 15 Posts