Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Strowman can be exactly that, and hopefully this reign as IC Champion can be the start of a revamp for him to become the monster that he once was.
In addition to this, Big Show said in an interview a few years ago that he would stay there until they had found another giant to take his place -Maybe Strowman isn´t ready yet, since Big Show made a return a few weeks ago..

·
Registered
447 Posts
6'9" isn't short lol.... I'm 6'0" and the difference between me and someone 6'9" is intimidatingly noticeable.

For you EU posters, that's 210cm(?) vs 182cm.

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
They have a couple of 7 footers in development now I think. One was hired with Mercedes Martinez and the other made some headlines being 7’3.

6'9" isn't short lol.... I'm 6'0" and the difference between me and someone 6'9" is intimidatingly noticeable.

For you EU posters, that's 210cm(?) vs 182cm.
206 vs 183 to be more exact, but yeah huge difference lol.
Cass was 6’9 and prob like 6’11 with boots. Lol at 6’9 not being tall enough

·
rasslin
2,515 Posts
They have one in Braun but he quickly become a joke who couldn't win the big one so now hes relegated to dancing with the New Day and winning a meaningless mid-card title.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There have been very few watchable giants, being tall and big ain't going to cut it in this day and age when so much crazy shit is available at the tip of a finger.

Off the top of my head the only good monster big guys I can think of are kane(Glenn jacobs), nash, undertaker, big show and sid vicious. The question has to be asked why they are now struggling compared to the late 80's-mid 90's of developing such guys like the one's i mentioned?

Also would you class the likes of mark Henry, Vader, yokozuna and earthquake as giants as well because they did a better job of feeling like a threatening monster than many guys that were noticeably taller than them?

·
Premium Member
16,592 Posts
I think a giant who can't wrestle well should only be used sparingly, maybe as an enforcer of someone. Make them an attraction that you may see if you go to a wrestling show. Don't have them constant and parts of wrestling programs. If they can't wrestle or perform well, people will only want to see them do a huge choke slam anyways. Teach a giant a choke slam, a power bomb, and how to crush heads.

Sadly, the Great Khali was used sparingly well in his later years. He was just so awful and so deformed he still couldn't be effective.

I shouldn't bother, but I'll cleanse this place, by god.
You should bother. Purge this son of a gun.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The fuck are you talking about? Kane was around 6'8 in his prime, in boots 6'10 (billed at 7') yet Show fucking dwarfed him. There is no fucking way Show is "only" 6'9 even these days. He makes Strowman who is around 6'7 look short. Not to mention that most of roster these days are midgets, 6'9 guy looks like Giant Gonzales compared to them lol.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
AEW needs a real Giant...it was kinda sad that Dustin Rhodes is the one who physically imposes respect in the roster...a few months ago there was a Battle Royal and Billy Gunn, (Billy Gunn!!!) looked like fukin Kane/Big Show playing with kids.
__

Many of the Golden Era monsters became wrestlers because there was nothing else going on for them, on the contrary there is currently so much media content (action movies, superhero movies, netflix/disney/amazon original shows, web series and more), where you need someone with these physical qualities in your casting. Wrestling is no longer the only option to make a living.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts