Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a 6'9 Big Show type Giant but a real 7+ foot giant on the roster to squash some geeks. Tallest person on the roster now is like what 6'7?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Last time WWE have actual giant,it ended up badly, can't wrestle,he even didn't understand the simple rule of battle royal.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
What a weird, nonsensical thread. Once you get past a certain height, it's almost impossible to be useful in the ring. Strowman is a goddamn monster and moves well, but get much beyond his size and you're edging into Giant Gonzales/Great Khali/THE YETAAAAI territory, and nobody needs that.

·
Hardcore Casual
613 Posts
What a weird, nonsensical thread. Once you get past a certain height, it's almost impossible to be useful in the ring. Strowman is a goddamn monster and moves well, but get much beyond his size and you're edging into Giant Gonzales/Great Khali/THE YETAAAAI territory, and nobody needs that.
What are you talking about? Anybody over 6'6" or 500 lbs deserves to be in the WWE ring, and that's a fact.
The funniest part of historical wrestling to me is that some of those massively fat carnies of the 70s-early 90s (Calhoon, Bundy, Yokozuna) now basically resemble your uncle Rob from Wyoming who eats too much cheese and watches wrestling. The expanding waistlines of Americans has made it hard to find someone impressively large yet still mobile lol.

·
3,523 Posts
What are you talking about? Anybody over 6'6" or 500 lbs deserves to be in the WWE ring, and that's a fact.
No, that's literally the exact opposite, an opinion. I should be stunned that you don't know the difference, but this IS WrestlingForum in 2020, after all. The bar is incredibly low. We really need to start screening these people.

·
Hardcore Casual
613 Posts
No, that's literally the exact opposite, an opinion. I should be stunned that you don't know the difference, but this IS WrestlingForum in 2020, after all. The bar is incredibly low. We really need to start screening these people.
Man, you're such a wet blanket. I'm surprised you didn't catch the sarcasm by reading the rest of my post (legitimately surprised because while you're a twat you seem reasonably intelligent).

·
3,523 Posts
Man, you're such a wet blanket. I'm surprised you didn't catch the sarcasm by reading the rest of my post (legitimately surprised because while you're a twat you seem reasonably intelligent).
Incredibly intelligent, and if I didn't catch the sarcasm, that's because it wasn't well-framed. That's on you, not on me, ace.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Successful giants don't come along too often. I'd say less so now than in years past.

For starters, there are not a lot of "giant sized" guys in the world that can actually move well and are athletic to some degree. Often the bigger they are, the more health issues they have.

Even if they find a giant, WWE tends to book them as just another guy who happens to be big after awhile....like Big Show, Strowman, etc..

·
Hardcore Casual
613 Posts
Incredibly intelligent, and if I didn't catch the sarcasm, that's because it wasn't well-framed. That's on you, not on me, ace.
Life must be easy when you absolve yourself of the burden of reading comprehension, eh?

Honestly, this could have been ended with "lol didn't catch it/text isn't always the best for conveying or accurately grasping tonality," but you always have to be a smug, smarmy cunt, don't you? It's getting tiring even if it is a gimmick.

Let me break it down so you don't hurt your head extrapolating, ace: I agree with your original comment that size eventually becomes an impediment to actually wrestling a match, especially when that's the only quasi-redeeming quality about the wrestler.

·
3,523 Posts
Life must be easy when you absolve yourself of the burden of reading comprehension, eh?

Honestly, this could have been ended with "lol didn't catch it/text isn't always the best for conveying or accurately grasping tonality," but you always have to be a smug, smarmy cunt, don't you? It's getting tiring even if it is a gimmick.

Let me break it down so you don't hurt your head extrapolating, ace: I agree with your original comment that size eventually becomes an impediment to actually wrestling a match, especially when that's the only quasi-redeeming quality about the wrestler.
Neat. Both your posts have been reported for violating forum rules.

I shouldn't bother, but I'll cleanse this place, by god.

Back on topic, yes, the intersection of the three-circle Venn diagram of guys that are huge AND can actually move AND want to wrestle is incredibly narrow. The few that do are more likely to pursue a more lucrative career like an offensive line job in the NFL. King Dunlap is 6'9", 330 pounds and moves like a cruiserweight, but he earned over $20 million in nine seasons in the NFL, FAR more than he would have bumping around 270 nights a year in WWE.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts