Wrestling Forum banner

WWE need to put more effort in keeping spoilers out of the public.

700 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MOBELS
My attitude to spoilers has always been "there's no way you can stop them", but this past month WWE has proven to me that they can keep their spoilers within the company.

Let's start off with the Rumble, and more specifically, Nash and Booker T. The news of these two only got out because they were sighted at an airport in Boston, there wasn't an "insider release" and although incredibly obvious, you never actually knew 100% for sure if they were participating in the Rumble until the very second they walked down the ramp.

Next we've got the Wrestlemania guest host, and more specifically, The Rock. Again, alot of the fanbase simply expected it to be The Rock, WWE's fanbase has huge expectations and when you tell them "there's only one man for the job" they will immediately say The Rock or Stone Cold and anything else is an absolute letdown. But no one ever actually knew it was going to be Rock. The publics favourite was Justin Bieber, and the dirtsheets (basically all of them) were claiming Bob Barker was in agreement with WWE. Then finally again, no one knew for absolute sure it was Rock until we heard his music hit.

And finally Tough Enough, and more recently, Trish Stratus. Rumour has it that everyone working with Tough Enough is under law-written contract to not disclose any information regarding the recordings. Which means they were also able to keep Trish's involvement (and her appearance at the Chamber) absolutely completely secret.

When something isn't spoiled, for example Nash's return, (there couldn't be many people at the arena who knew he was in the area since only the dirtsheets picked up on his location a few hours before the event), the crowds reaction is increased tenfold.
I do feel as though spoilers has affected the wrestling product as a whole, more often than not you go to/watch a show with an expectation on what's to come, if WWE spent a bit more time and money to replicate their efforts recently, the product would atleast slightly improve.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18,863 Posts
WWE has proven so many times that they can protect big events from being leaked onto the internet, I think they've even fired some ppl for telling internet sites about this stuff.

It does suck how ppl in wwe reveal the plans, but I don't get how WWE hasn't been able to find out the main person who's telling the internet about all this stuff.

They should have it on the contract for EVERYONE(cameramen,refs,superstars and anyone else who works in wwe) that if WWE ever finds out that person revealed spoilers to an internet site that WWE can fine that person 5M or something.

I know something like that is happening on CBS where a website is claiming one of the contestants on survivor revealed the info to the site despite them signing a contract saying they weren't allowed to do so, and that person might get fined up to 5M.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
They should have it on the contract for EVERYONE(cameramen,refs,superstars and anyone else wh o works in wwe) that if WWE ever finds out that person revealed spoilers to an internet site that WWE can fine that person 5M or something.
This. I love the idea of making it part of the contract that they have to keep everything confidential so we don't get any news of plans or suprises.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.