Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reigns just lost to Shane. That's sad. The old Reigns would have superman punched both Drew and Shane into oblivion.

You asked for multiple people on top and you got it. But its not working and ratings are tanking.

Its time to establish Reigns as the singular FOTC again. Have him beat Brock clean for the WWE title and then face The Rock in the main event of Mania and beat him.

Thoughts?

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
Beating Reigns is the best thing Shane did since his return to the E.(Y)

·
Premium Member
11,978 Posts
I do feel like he should be treated as more of a big deal than he is right now, but the problem is people will start booing the hell out of him the instant he goes after the world title, and cheer him if he turns heel.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,697 Posts
I was looking forward to midcard Reigns because I thought we were going to see things like Reigns/Black, Reigns/Andrade, Reigns/Rusev and Reigns/Elias. It never occurred to me that his feud with Elias would last what, 12 seconds, and then he would move on to Shane and McIntyre, mainly because Shane isn't a wrestler and Drew is on fucking Raw!

Roman being in the main event as a face would be awful because there is only one heel in the main event in the entire company and Reigns has already faced him a billion times. I want some fresh matchups gotdamnit.

·
Registered
21,481 Posts
Reigns is fine, y'all have to stop taking losses out of context. Yeah he lost to Shane, but we all understand that it was because of interference.

But no he doesn't need to be reestablished, best bet is to use him like 2nd run HBK. He just had a 2nd run in with leukemia, you don't make him the guy with that baggage. Keep him as a guy that can use his status to gatekeep the main event.

·
16,697 Posts
Reigns is fine, y'all have to stop taking losses out of context. Yeah he lost to Shane, but we all understand that it was because of interference.

But no he doesn't need to be reestablished, best bet is to use him like 2nd run HBK. He just had a 2nd run in with leukemia, you don't make him the guy with that baggage. Keep him as a guy that can use his status to gatekeep the main event.
Um you want to old man Cena him because of his leukemia? I don't know what the chances of his leukemia coming back again is but I feel like it's less than the chances of Bryan getting another concussion and they had no problem with putting him back in the main event.

I'm pretty sure every main eventer since the AE has missed big chunks of time with injuries multiple times, of course cancer is more serious than any of their injuries, I don't want to minimize that, but from a business standpoint losing a main eventer during a big push has always been a part WWE because how hard they work their guys.

I guess I just don't see pushing Reigns being that big of a risk, he went 11 years in remission the first time. Even if worst came to worst, and his leukemia came back during a championship reign, he could drop the title in a quick match, put over somebody big for squashing Reigns, and then quietly disappear to focus on his treatment.

·
Registered
21,481 Posts
Um you want to old man Cena him because of his leukemia? I don't know what the chances of his leukemia coming back again is but I feel like it's less than the chances of Bryan getting another concussion and they had no problem with putting him back in the main event.

I'm pretty sure every main eventer since the AE has missed big chunks of time with injuries multiple times, of course cancer is more serious than any of their injuries, I don't want to minimize that, but from a business standpoint losing a main eventer during a big push has always been a part WWE because how hard they work their guys.

I guess I just don't see pushing Reigns being that big of a risk, he went 11 years in remission the first time. Even if worst came to worst, and his leukemia came back during a championship reign, he could drop the title in a quick match, put over somebody big for squashing Reigns, and then quietly disappear to focus on his treatment.
It's well known Reigns is my guy, but if I'm Vince I wouldn't be going back to him as the 1a guy because it's too risky. Like there's already the general risks of wrestling and life in general, but knowing he has leukemia and just went in remission the 2nd time I'd not do it.

Not saying make him Mr. Jobber, but I think he should be a top guy who's not thee guy. Like I think Elias would've been served really well if they had let him beat Reigns. Similar to how Corbin can have them list of he retired Angle, Elias singing about how "Roman beat Leukemia but he couldn't beat me" could've really made him as a heel that has to be taken serious even if his songs are goofy.

·
16,697 Posts
It's well known Reigns is my guy, but if I'm Vince I wouldn't be going back to him as the 1a guy because it's too risky. Like there's already the general risks of wrestling and life in general, but knowing he has leukemia and just went in remission the 2nd time I'd not do it.

Not saying make him Mr. Jobber, but I think he should be a top guy who's not thee guy. Like I think Elias would've been served really well if they had let him beat Reigns. Similar to how Corbin can have them list of he retired Angle, Elias singing about how "Roman beat Leukemia but he couldn't beat me" could've really made him as a heel that has to be taken serious even if his songs are goofy.
I'm certainly not against Reigns losing a match every once in a while and I agree with him not being 1A, I'm not sure he ever fit that role and even with him being my guy I found his booking obnoxious, but I don't think his world championship days should be over since he's yet to have a decent run with the title, or any title for that matter.

From the business perspective what's the lesser evil, not having a top guy at all, or having a top guy who might go down for long periods of time? I could see saying WWE doesn't need to put him in that position because they have other stars, but they have 0 other stars.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
He's a jobber now and will continue that way. When he refused to do the Saudi show last year and was given that 4 month break to go film Hobbs and Shaw while working a fake cancer storyline...He came back and now is getting his punishment from Vince. He'll do his time and take his losses and maybe Vince will return him to the main event. Not that he deserves it, but he is the only star they've built in the last few years.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,481 Posts
I'm certainly not against Reigns losing a match every once in a while and I agree with him not being 1A, I'm not sure he ever fit that role and even with him being my guy I found his booking obnoxious, but I don't think his world championship days should be over since he's yet to have a decent run with the title, or any title for that matter.

From the business perspective what's the lesser evil, not having a top guy at all, or having a top guy who might go down for long periods of time? I could see saying WWE doesn't need to put him in that position because they have other stars, but they have 0 other stars.
I think all things considered his 2nd and 3rd title reign was a good run. I don't think given how unliked he can be he can do much better than that save a heel title run. But if you mean decent as in length, not really a fan of long reigns. I prefer the constant title switching of the MNW. I think when the title is switching a lot it gives the impression that "damn all these guys are pretty evenly matched"

I do think they need a top guy, and I say just let Rollins hold that down until they find something better. Rollins was always being built right along Reigns anyway.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Wouldn't shock me if they're done with Reigns as the absolute top guy. He wouldn't have lost to Shane in a match Shane was in control for 90 percent of it a year or 2 ago

·
16,697 Posts
I think all things considered his 2nd and 3rd title reign was a good run. I don't think given how unliked he can be he can do much better than that save a heel title run. But if you mean decent as in length, not really a fan of long reigns. I prefer the constant title switching of the MNW. I think when the title is switching a lot it gives the impression that "damn all these guys are pretty evenly matched"

I do think they need a top guy, and I say just let Rollins hold that down until they find something better. Rollins was always being built right along Reigns anyway.
Well you and I are probably the only ones who feel that way about title changes, but the length isn't the matter, it's the quality of feud being fought over the title and the only memorable title feud he had as champ was against AJ.

When you only hold the title for a couple of months (where before this year) you would've been facing the same guy for 3 straight ppvs, if you and that guy didn't have great chemistry, then a big portion of your reign would be wasted on mediocrity. Now each challenger only gets a couple of weeks in the title picture and if you have a dud you can move on quickly to the next guy.

·
Banned
37 Posts
It seems like they have wanted him to be the guy for years and it just never stuck and at this point I'm convinced that they are pushing Reigns out of pure ego and narcissism basically just to give people a big FU

If we are talking FOTC sure WWE is PG and they would never want to go down this road and I'm sure his TNA background doesn't help although why can't someone like Jeff Hardy or AJ Styles be the face of the company?

·
Registered
21,481 Posts
Well you and I are probably the only ones who feel that way about title changes, but the length isn't the matter, it's the quality of feud being fought over the title and the only memorable title feud he had as champ was against AJ.

When you only hold the title for a couple of months (where before this year) you would've been facing the same guy for 3 straight ppvs, if you and that guy didn't have great chemistry, then a big portion of your reign would be wasted on mediocrity. Now each challenger only gets a couple of weeks in the title picture and if you have a dud you can move on quickly to the next guy.
Speaking of that I think it is weird that they've seemingly moved from the 3 month title feud formula. But seeing as they don't really switch belts it's probably best for the losing party. Losing 3 straight PPVs makes you being a loser seem real definitive lol.

But I was thinking about his feud witb HHH cause I enjoyed that, just forgot he wasn't champ tho. But I guess he could use a more defining title run. Though sometimes I wonder if that truly matters. Like there's very few entire reigns I can easily recall. Like I remember hella fueds, matches, and moments, but not so much reigns.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,372 Posts
Him losing to Shane was fucking WOAT. Instead of giving that first win since he came back to a wrestler on the roster lets give it to Vince's son. One of the many reasons the shows are so shit atm. Reigns being in the midcard could be fun but instead you got him in a feud with Shane fucking McMahon.

In a dream world he would be facing Kofi at Summerslam and turns heel to win the belt.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts