Wrestling Forum banner

What was WWE Match of the Week?

• Alberto Del Rio def. United States Champion Daniel Bryan (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • John Morrison def. Cody Rhodes (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ezekiel Jackson vs Drew McIntyre (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)(Double Count-out)

• Sheamus def. Kofi Kingston (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)

• Mark Henry & Yoshi Tatsu def. WWE Tag Team Champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater

• John Morrison def. Alberto Del Rio (King of the Ring Semi-Final Match)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Divas Champion Natalya, Gail Kim & Melina def. Maryse, Alicia Fox & Tamina

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sheamus def. John Morrison (King of the Ring Final Match)

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • WWE Champion The Miz def. Jerry Lawler (WWE Championship Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match)

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Tyler Reks def. Trent Barreta

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • William Regal def. Darren Young

• David Hart Smith def. Tyson Kidd

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre def. MVP & Kaval

• Kofi Kingston def. Jack Swagger (Number 1 Contender Match)

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Cody Rhodes def. Chris Masters

• Layla def. Rosa Mendes

• Edge def. World Heavyweight Champion Kane (Winner Decides TLC Stipulation Match)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Not done this for a few months now so have decided to bring it back. I have modified it slightly... instead of asking what the pro-wrestling's match of the week was from WWE and TNA, I have decided to do 2 seperate threads (1 for WWE programming and 1 for TNA programming). The WWE MOTW will be decided from RAW, Superstars and SmackDown (NXT does not feature the official roster and thus will not be included).

So here we go! Here are the match options for this week. Vote on the poll and discuss your favourite matches!

RAW

1) Alberto Del Rio def. United States Champion Daniel Bryan (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)
2) John Morrison def. Cody Rhodes (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)
3) Ezekiel Jackson vs Drew McIntyre (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)(Double Count-out)
4) Sheamus def. Kofi Kingston (King of the Ring 1st Round Match)
5) Mark Henry & Yoshi Tatsu def. WWE Tag Team Champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater
6) John Morrison def. Alberto Del Rio (King of the Ring Semi-Final Match)
7) Divas Champion Natalya, Gail Kim & Melina def. Maryse, Alicia Fox & Tamina
8) Sheamus def. John Morrison (King of the Ring Final Match)
9) WWE Champion The Miz def. Jerry Lawler (WWE Championship Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match)

Superstars

1) Tyler Reks def. Trent Barreta
2) William Regal def. Darren Young
3) David Hart Smith def. Tyson Kidd

SmackDown

1) Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre def. MVP & Kaval
2) Kofi Kingston def. Jack Swagger (Number 1 Contender Match)
3) Cody Rhodes def. Chris Masters
4) Layla def. Rosa Mendes
5) Edge def. World Heavyweight Champion Kane (Winner Decides TLC Stipulation Match)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, the JoMo-Sheamus KOTR final was a very good match. As was the TLC WWE Championship match considering Lawler is waaaay past it and was never trained to compete in that kinda of a match, regardless a great story was told and the miz's character was developed.

And on SmackDown, IMO, for the second week running, Swagger-Kingston take the MOTW. These two put on a fantastic KOTR qualifier last week, and this week beat that with a no 1 con match. Swagger needs to start getting pushed though. A Kofi-Ziggler match no longer interests me, however, I do agree that the IC title is beneath Swagger now.

DH Smith vs Tyson Kidd was also a very good match on Superstars

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have allowed for multi-choice voting because there are a lot of matches each week and more than likely people will have more than one favourite. The 'singular' match of the week is decided by which match is chosen the most.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
I chose everything! They were all so good!
Seriously, I think Kofi vs Swagger was the best, followed by Morrison vs Sheamus and Kidd vs Smith. The TLC match was good considering the participants.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I thought Kingston/Swagger was alright, it wasn't the best in my opinion tho. Probably because I don't like Kingston.

The best would have to go to Miz/King.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Morrison/Sheamus

I didn't see Kofi/Swagger so it's not a 100% fair judgement, but out of the matches I've seen this week Morrison/Sheamus was the best.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ABD vs DB was good but not given anywhere near enough time to really become a great match. Swagger-Kofi on the other hand was given a good 15 minutes, back and forth pinfalls really made this match imo the match of the week for the second week running.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts