Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Nope, because it's sexist and wrong to say you don't like women's wrestling. I hate all women's sports with a fiery passion because they all inherently suck and are a watered-down, minor league, D-level version of the actual sport, and somehow feeling that way is wrong. No one has explained WHY it's wrong or created anything approaching a cogent counterargument, mind you. It's just...wrong, somehow.
Technically it is sexist to say you don't women's wrestling basically only because it's done by women rather than men.

Nice use of the word cogent, I had to look that up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Technically it is sexist to say you don't women's wrestling basically only because it's done by women rather than men.

If the reasoning behind it is "because they're women" then it's sexist. If the reasoning behind it is "the standard isn't that high which means it's not entertaining" then I'd say it definitely isn't sexist.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,488 Posts

Good thing I didn’t say that. I said that I despise and ignore women’s sports because they’re inherently a crappier version of the real thing. I don’t watch college sports either, because amateurs are inferior to professionals.

I don’t watch men’s sports because the players have penises; I watch because they’re the best at that sport. If a woman were ever good enough to play with the men, I would keep watching.

That’s not sexism; that’s spending my limited sports-watching time only on the best.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Good thing I didn’t say that. I said that I despise and ignore women’s sports because they’re inherently a crappier version of the real thing. I don’t watch college sports either, because amateurs are inferior to professionals.

I don’t watch men’s sports because the players have penises; I watch because they’re the best at that sport. If a woman were ever good enough to play with the men, I would keep watching.

That’s not sexism; that’s spending my limited sports-watching time only on the best.
Yeah I know I was just playing with you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you misinterpeted my post, i dont hate wwe,s womens division because its done my women only,i dont like how some of the superstars, like auska, dana,ect arent getting used like,sasha,becky, chatlotte,etc.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Nope, because it's sexist and wrong to say you don't like women's wrestling. I hate all women's sports with a fiery passion because they all inherently suck and are a watered-down, minor league, D-level version of the actual sport, and somehow feeling that way is wrong. No one has explained WHY it's wrong or created anything approaching a cogent counterargument, mind you. It's just...wrong, somehow.
Who the fuck said that? It's wrong to say it doesn't have a place in wrestling, or shouldn't main event, or shouldn't be more than 5min. Because that one person's opinion and if there's a market for women wrestling, and there is, WWE will capitalize on it.

·
3,488 Posts
Who the fuck said that?
Have you seen how many idiots I’ve had to put in their place on this forum? Almost every thread like this when I’ve dropped in and said that I hate women’s wrestling, I’ve been called sexist. Let’s not act like that’s a rare occurrence. Come on, people.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Have you seen how many idiots I’ve had to put in their place on this forum? Almost every thread like this when I’ve dropped in and said that I hate women’s wrestling, I’ve been called sexist. Let’s not act like that’s a rare occurrence. Come on, people.
Not really. In any case, if you hate it, why do you feel the need to actually put it out there, multiple times?
Don't go into women's wrestlers' thread just to say "I hate it?" and if it's in a general discussion, you can easily ignore it as well.

It's definitely super weird though how people found a scapegoat in the women's division to blame everything bad on them, ignoring multiple other factors. That's sexist.

·
3,488 Posts
Not really. In any case, if you hate it, why do you feel the need to actually put it out there, multiple times?
Don't go into women's wrestlers' thread just to say "I hate it?" and if it's in a general discussion, you can easily ignore it as well.

It's definitely super weird though how people found a scapegoat in the women's division to blame everything bad on them, ignoring multiple other factors. That's sexist.
I like participating in discussions. That might be related to the fact that we’re on a discussion forum. There’s something there, maybe.

And only fools blame the WWE’s macro-level problems solely on the women. The super-push of the chicks certainly hasn’t helped things, but I don’t think WWE would be in a different place from a business/ratings/Network subs/mainstream popularity standpoint if the push of women never happened. I think it’s been, at best, a net zero, and that’s fine.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts