Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last April, WrestlingNews.co exclusively reported about the praise that Cal Bloom had been getting from people behind-the-scenes in WWE.

Bloom made his NXT 2.0 debut this week as Von Wagner and he was inserted in the Fatal 4-Way main event as Kyle O’Reilly’s replacement. WrestlingNews.co was told that Wagner’s stock has risen since he appeared on an episode of Friday Night SmackDown in April 2020.

“Everyone is comparing him to a young Edge,” a WWE source told us last year. “He is rough around the edges but he has something and Vince thinks he can be a big deal but it will take some time.”

WrestlingNews.co was recently told that management is happy with his improvement in the ring and he has a good head on his shoulders. Another source said, “Vince sees him as a future WrestleMania main eventer. That should tell you everything about his future here.”

Von Wagner is the son of former AWA/WWE/WCW star Wayne Bloom, who wrestled as Beau Beverly of the Beverly Brothers tag team. Cal played football at the University of Central Florida for the UFC Knights. He was signed to a developmental deal in March of 2019.

Source: WWE management sees Von Wagner as a future WrestleMania main eventer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
He didn't stand out like Steiner did at all but luckily for him he's on a developmental show. What a strange name too. Wagner will always be Dr. Wagner Jr to me lol

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
He didn't look special tonight but he didn't look out of place either which is a good thing. I'll wait to see some character development and more featured matches to pass judgment on the guy.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
He has already surpassed anything his father ever did. Wayne Bloom was always a low card tag team guy. Mike Enos was the star of that team though. It looks like they’re mostly pushing the sons of former wrestlers there

·
Angry at refs
5,460 Posts
He has already surpassed anything his father ever did. Wayne Bloom was always a low card tag team guy. Mike Enos was the star of that team though. It looks like they’re mostly pushing the sons of former wrestlers there
Ehh, it isn't a bad thing all-in-all. Most second/third/etc gen wrestlers tend to have better skills and understanding due to growing up with it all, I just don't trust WWE to pull it out of them in the modern-day WWE.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I thought he, along with the Diamond Mine, were the LEAST impressive parts of the show.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't see him at that level with we shall see. I believe Stein has a better chance of main eventing Wrestlemania.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,133 Posts
Wayne Bloom? He looked like The Great Khali's son to me...
Yeah, he looked like a Neanderthal you see at the Museum in the "dawn of man" exhibit. He was pretty clunky as well where it seemed every move he hit, he either tripped over himself, or his opponent.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
From this limited viewing of him he looked pretty mediocre, nothing special. He's got time on his side, luckily.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I think Steiner, or Breakker, has a better chance of making it in Vince's world than he does.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I don't see him eventually main eventing a WrestleMania but we'll just see what happens. I do agree though, he looks more like a mix of Edge and The Great Khali. He definitely has the size though but Bron Breakker impressed me way more. It'll be interesting to see how they push Von Wagner going forward as he's already competed for the NXT Championship.

Reactions: Mahmenn
1 - 20 of 28 Posts