Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't really anything new, just something interesting that I noticed today.

As many of us have noticed over the past few months, the WWE has become far more laid back when it comes to foul language. Just thought I'd provide a little bit of evidence of this that I've noticed over on WWE.com. If you check out the "CM Punk's Dark Past" feature they have up there, watch the video of his shoot promo.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-04-16/karma-for-punk/page-7

You'll remember that at the time they censored it when he said "glad handed, nonsensical, 'douche-bag' yes-men" It's now uncensored on WWE.com. This shows that WWE is loosening up on censorship and the product is definitely being less at the kids than a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
They probably draw the line there because some whacky religious people take offence to that :confused:. I don't really understand it all though.
More to do with the large amount of religious types on the roster I would imagine.

Alot of those guys in WWE and TNA are serious hardcore Christians too, you only have to read twitter to see that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I was shocked when Lesnar said shit in his interview this week. of course they beeped it out but you still knew he said it, doubt they would have even let someone use the word a few months ago!

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Its one of those weird FCC rules. Apparantly, its okay to make fun of Jesus Christ, but you can't say his name in vain.

- Vic

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yippee. Like more cussing is going to majorly change the product for the better.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Let's hope they do ease up some more. It will make the programme entertaining again. They need to do something though, if they stay in this kiddy phase, yes they'll keep the family product, but it will become less and less exciting (in my oppinion anyway).

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I was shocked when Lesnar said shit in his interview this week. of course they beeped it out but you still knew he said it, doubt they would have even let someone use the word a few months ago!
CM Punk and Cena also said this very word although they got bleeped as well. Austin said it last year too and they missed bleeping him.

Anyways, it's great that they have eased up on the censorship. In 2010, Austin would get censored for saying "ass" and now everybody and their momma uses that word. Good thing because it was cringeworthy to hear Batista say "The security is here to save you from me hurting you, Cena" when it would have normally been "They are here to save you from me kicking your ass!". Thank you, Rock!

·
Registered
572 Posts
The peoples champ.. Is the cause of this

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
The censorship is really inconsistent too. Over the last 2 weeks they've allowed/disallowed these:

Allowed
Bastard
Ass
Bullcrap

Not Allowed
Piss
Shit
Bitch

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I would have too agree with this.. while we will never return to the attitude era, this is about the closest we'll get

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
Yippee. Like more cussing is going to majorly change the product for the better.
Its IWC logic...

"Swearing will make the product better"

And

"Blood will make the product better"

Grade A bullshit! These things are a crutch that is used when people arent creative enough to think up better ways to improve something. Trust me swearing and blood wont make WWE better look at fucking TNA they do it and their product stinks worse than year old garbage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts