Wrestling Forum banner

WWE looking to get rid of Survivor Series

1775 Views 18 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Bobby Brainbuster
I found this on Wrestling-Edge.com. I'll be really upset if this happens.
- WWE officials are once again looking to get rid of the Survivor Series pay-per-view in November. They reportedly want another concept pay-per-view to replace the big November event, which has been a WWE tradition for years.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,795 Posts
Bragging Rights has kind of killed the "Survivor Series" tag team match anyway, so kill it. Hope this concept PPV isn't called "2 out of 3 falls", "First Blood" or Vince Russos favourite "On a pole".

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Striking and Submission Summit : SSS

A mix between submission wrestling and gladiatorial arena.

This PPV would be in evening and lighted by flaming torches and takes place in a sand-floor amphitheater without a ring. The main events are submission-only matches. All wrestlers would be oiled and half naked.

Thel other matches could be :

- dog collar or chain strap matches
- taped fist last standing man matches
- team vs team last man standing match (russian brawl)
- Singapore cane matches
- You could also have matches with mixed weapons like singapore canes, handcuffs, long canes, fishing net, bucklers, etc.

:avit:

· Registered
18,863 Posts
Why not just keep survivor series and switch the order of the ppvs.

Have NOC before survivor series so that survivor series focuses on the SS matches and not really titles.
Then the bragging rights ppv moves to june or something and they rename that ppv and make it like war games or something

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Bragging Rights can take a leap as far as I'm concerned. It's the one time of year we're all supposed to believe that suddenly every member of the roster cares deeply about his brand and its purported "rivalry" with the other brand. The whole thing's just silly. What advantage is given to the brand that wins? What's at stake? One week after the event, they never mention it again until the build for it the following year. Not to mention, the buyrates for it have been horribly low. Nobody much cares.

Reactions: llamadux

· ~Believe~
2,716 Posts
Bragging Rights can take a leap as far as I'm concerned. It's the one time of year we're all supposed to believe that suddenly every member of the roster cares deeply about his brand and its purported "rivalry" with the other brand. The whole thing's just silly. What advantage is given to the brand that wins? What's at stake? One week after the event, they never mention it again until the build for it the following year. Not to mention, the buyrates for it have been horribly low. Nobody much cares.
agreed, bragging rights is useless and a crap PPV as far as I'm concerned.

· Registered
104 Posts
They tried it before but then they bottled it and re-instated it.
The WWE tried phasing The Survivor Series out in 1992 and 1998. There was only one Survivor Series style match at 1992 and the WWF might as well not have bothered (Natural Disasters and Nasty Boys vs Money Inc and Beverly Brothers). In 1998, they had the woeful 'Deadly Games' tournament.

I would hope the WWE still keep The Survivor Series and introduce this other gimmick concept somewhere else. At one PPV a month it's not like the WWE are running out of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.