Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'WWE will return to London this autumn for a special, one-night only event due to overwhelming demand by UK fans to see their favourite WWE Superstars and Divas in action.'

I'd be amazed if they flew out the majority of the main roster midweek, outside of an actual tour of the UK, for a "special" and didn't show it on the Network.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would like him there. His matches bore me now but for spectacle alone I'd like to see him live.

Also this may mean nothing - but on the WWE 'tickets' page, where they advertise this show - instead of having the usual 'WWE Live' logo like they do for normal house shows, this one has its own 'Live In London' logo. All this I think would point to it being a Network special.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
This likely will be a network special. And if it is Lesnar likely will be there but just for a squash match that will last five mins tops. I imagine Paige will face Sasha for the Women's title and maybe Neville will get a shot at the IC or US Title?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Very very interesting. I'm seeing this as a test to see how many live views they can get of an event overseas - particularly in the European timezone. NXT Takeover doesn't count because it's NXT, but if this event is main roster then it's for sure a testing of the waters. If it can lead to a proper PPV being outside of the US then I'm sure non North-America based fans will be very excited for that.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Very very interesting. I'm seeing this as a test to see how many live views they can get of an event overseas - particularly in the European timezone. NXT Takeover doesn't count because it's NXT, but if this event is main roster then it's for sure a testing of the waters. If it can lead to a proper PPV being outside of the US then I'm sure non North-America based fans will be very excited for that.
If it's a success I can WWE having a PPV like Payback held in London or Manchester (homes to the two biggest arenas in the UK).

·
Still A Shield Girl... (RIP)
1,972 Posts
Yep that's what i thought when i first heard too, hopefully it does well so we can get a ppv over here. Even something like payback or battleground would be amazing.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is anyone actually going to this? I haven't heard it even briefly mentioned on WWE television, or anywhere else for that matter, after the big deal made of it at the time of announcement. It was sold like a PPV style "special show" but is clearly just a bog standard Raw house show.

Starting to wish I wasn't bothering.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts
Well they did the same with the Japan show "Beast in the East"

With the network now there is no reason not to hold a PPV in the UK, they're over here on tour for 2 weeks in April and 2 weeks in November usually anyway, may as well give us one of the new PPV's, whether or not in draws well live in the US is irrelevant. A royal themed King of the Ring would be a perfect PPV to hold in London, it writes itself.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Hopefully it is and all goes well I want another Summerslam or any ppv really in the UK or Ireland.

·
Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
4,584 Posts
Picked up my tickets this morning from the UPS collection place. Second row, ringside :)

Even though it's looking to be just a RAW house show, we get Zayn, Rollins, Reigns, New Day, Enzo & Cass, Bayley, and KO! It'll be good fun.

·
Back where we belong!
2,579 Posts
I find it really weird that they're coming over here for a one-off house show and then going straight back home. I was gonna get tickets and make the trip down London but since it's only a house show fuck that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.