Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE legend Bobby Heenan suffered a number of unfortunate injuries recently and will thus be unable to attend the upcoming NWA Legends convention.
The convention confirmed the story on its message board, noting that Heenan fractured his hip several weeks ago after falling. While in rehab for the injury, he fell again, fracturing his pelvis and breaking his shoulder. He thus needs surgery for the injuries and cannot attend the event
Source: Wrestling-Edge.com

Poor Bobby. :( He seems to suffer a lot of injuries and stuff these days. :/

Greatest announcer of all time IMO.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Poor guy. He was a huge influence on me, just in terms of some of my phrasing. I still say, "Two ugly people looking at each other, that's fun" when I find a couple unattractive. What an announcer. The best ever.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Awful, especially since these injuries don't even deal with his throat. Get well soon Brain. :(

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
When I couldn't read the whole title, I thought it was going to be that he had passed away, I am somewhat relieved, but he has gone through the mill alot lately.

Legend.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I wish him well. The Brain was a fantastic mic worker, a hilarious commentator, and a top heel manager. I wish they'd bring managers back again....

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
This is a shame, I just read his bio last week and he seems like a genuine nice guy. I hope he manages to make a full recovery, so he can continue to enjoy the fruits of his labour with his fam (who he's obsessed with).

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Sad to hear. I wish him a speedy recovery.

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,904 Posts
If not the greatest heel manager and announcer he is certainly in the discussion. Him and Gorilla were awesome together calling matches. I watch old matches just to hear those two at times.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
Horrible news. Get well soon, Mr. Heenan, you're a true legend.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
The term "legend" gets bandied around too often in wrestling, but Bobby Heenan definitely is a true legend.

Very sad news.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts