Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Makes sense. It's starting to get mainstream coverage.

The Washington Post has an article looking at the reaction from fans regarding WWE Champion Jinder Mahal's promo from Smackdown this week.

The article featured the following statement from WWE regarding the Jinder Mahal segment from week's Smackdown:

“Just like many other TV shows or movies, WWE creates programming with fictional personalities that cover real world issues and sensitive subjects. They As a producer of such TV shows, WWE Corporate is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=112425

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Could this be the beginning of the end for Jinder?

Reactions: nyelator

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I'd highly doubt that they would have done that promo if Nakamura wasn't totally cool with it. People are offended way too easily. I know that you have to be careful with sensitive subjects such as racism but this is pretty damn mild considering what other TV shows have done in the past.

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
Either way, Jinder isn't in trouble and not the one to be blamed for the segment. He spoke the words that were written for him. I imagine he cringed during the entire promo.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
I don’t even give a fuck about the promo, but if it will put them in a position where they need a fall guy and will get Jinder back to being the jobber he’s always been, then that’s good news.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
For the first time in Jinder's entire reign, I actually thought he did alright in a promo. It gave him heat, and he finally seemed like an enemy to Nakamura.

SO OF FUCKING COURSE THE PG BABIES GOT UPSET ABOUT IT.

This is why WWE will never have any sort of edge ever again. Fucking PC bullshit.

This is coming from someone who cannot stand Jinder or his reign. he did good in that promo. fucking shame.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I think the direction they're taking is somewhat novel and interesting because it's not just the cheap insults, but also the hypocrisy he's showing because of all the whining he's done about Americans supposedly insulting his heritage, which to my knowledge no one has done on screen yet.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Mahal's a pitiful excuse for a champ, giving promos like this certainly doesn't help matters either. Got to think the silly experiment of him as champ will be over soon.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
so what happened in this promo?
Jinder came out again this week with the Singh Bros and cut a promo about why he's better than Shinsuke Nakamura. He put up a picture of Nakamura's face on the Titantron and made fun of his look while making racial comments related to Asian stereotypes, the Singh Bros laughing the entire time.

·
Banned
761 Posts
To be fair, WWe has more ethnically diverse employees than the staff of whatever clickbait website that was butt blasted about the promo probably has.
You have to be Jewish to work in the media:

Even though Marxist Jews are the ones pushing diversity, diversity only applies to white gentile owned companies like the WWE. Hell, Israel is the only country that is allowed to kick people out based on their race and nobody says anything.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.