Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 291 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,849 Posts
Re: The Observer: WWE is sitll committed to pushing Roman Reigns as the top guy of the company

If being the top guy means bombing on the lesser of two brands, I say go for it. It's not like I have much reason to watch RAW nowadays.
It sure is better than watching Ambrose tank an otherwise good show :meh.

And Reigns marks be like: YOU'RE OBSESSING, REIGNS IS A MIDCARDER NOW AND YOU STILL BITCH.
What exactly is untrue about this statement? You've spent the last two years crying because he's in the WWE title scene. He has a mid card title and you're STILL crying because he's making it feel important by putting a spotlight on it. You STILL blame him for ratings drops, even when his segments draw the most viewers, and *insert indy guy here* isn't doing a damn thing to increase ratings with the WWE title. You're obsessed with Reigns moreso than his fans, just like the OP, and you've pretty much confessed to it in this post.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Re: The Observer: WWE is still committed to pushing Roman Reigns as the top guy of the company

I am not in any way a Roman Reigns hater. But what the fuck does this company see in this guy? To be so fucking adamant and so fucking committed to a guy who has been utterly rejected by the crowd despite a massive (and failed) super push is completely illogical in every way imaginable.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Re: The Observer: WWE is still committed to pushing Roman Reigns as the top guy of the company

Ah yes, the never ending cycle of Reigns marks vs Reigns detractors is once again in fine display.

Maybe his name should just be censored, since it seems to bring up such ill will?

Reactions: TheLooseCanon

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
I remember how Reigns fans were saying it was "unfair" if Bryan Main Evented Mania ...they weren't complaining when Reigns went back to back were they?
He's gonna 3-peat BAYBAYYYUHH!! :bryan

he was hardly champion long was he and in that time he had a great feud with aj styles, who had more tv time, who i assume is considered void of any responsibility
Well Smackdown got 2 (B2B) of it's lowest ratings since the brand split these last 2 shows with AJ as champ, after doing consistently improving ratings almost every week with Ambrose as Champ...So no, it's all Reigns fault :cool2

·
Banned
1,269 Posts

.You have guys like Nakamura, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, and Seth Rollins on your roster., but hey let's go with Boreman Reigns.

I don't fault anyone that is a fan of Roman. You have that right. He's ridiculously handsome, a decent worker in the ring, and was a member of one of the greatest factions in that company's history.

However, thinking he should be the top guy to carry the company is just straight up delusion.
Two nearly 40 years old guys with one of them not even knowing how to speak english and one little fat guy who will not draw a damn thing even if his life depends of it.

The fuck you people talk about, Roman fucking Reigns is top guy caliber against that shit.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Two nearly 40 years old guys with one of them not even knowing how to speak english and one little fat guy who will not draw a damn thing even if his life depends of it.

The fuck you people talk about, Roman fucking Reigns is top guy caliber against that shit.
LOLOLOLOL ok.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts

Yeah he's in "midcard" all right. That's why he main-evented like eight Raw's in a row, and got a clean victory over the Universal Champion (despite it being a meaningless match since he wasn't in the Universal Title match one way or the other) after kicking out of the champ's finisher. Please, he's no "mid-carder." This is simply Vince making him a main eventer, while trying to pretend that he's not.

And as for "elevating the title," that's the problem. WWE will ONLY allow the US Title to be elevated if their pet project is holding it. They could have elevated it when Rusev, a guy who was far more over, held it. But not, we cannot do that. Got to have Super-Roman for that apparently.

And guess what, it ain't all IWC/smarks booing him, so enough with that nonsense strawman argument. You don't get the reactions that he does pretty much everywhere that they go if it's just IWC/smarks booing him, it's that simple. You can pretend that it isn't all you want, but it just is.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts

A complete and total liar said:
even when his segments draw the most viewers
Completely untrue bullshit, but keep telling yourself that.

This past week on RAW, they gave him the opening half hour because it was unopposed by the debate and MNF. That's "drawing the most viewers" if you're good at twisting a narrative :lmao

Nevermind his past two weeks of RAW main events drawing historic low ratings. Or his push that cut the WWE's viewing audience by the highest percentages in history. His segments "draw the most viewers". A shame that insert indie guy can't beat him in drawing, when they've all jobbed to him a dozen times by now and only get title reigns to be HHH's water boys. Weird that audiences aren't buying into them. Where as Roman can beat HHH's ass, and still not draw a dime or better than those insert indie guys.

·
Registered
895 Posts

>he gets reaction even if its negative he still gets one
>its a gimmick to hate him
>le smarks

good to see the disillusion never changes

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Not only does Bryan win clean, he makes B0rk tap out to the Yes Lock.
sickening outcome

The simple is answer is NO, hell Bryan doesn't win at all he takes the pin via Seth Rollins:surprise:

Bryan does WIN the Rumble, as Roman eliminates RuRu & the two begin a feud with Hulk Hogan @ the end raising Roman's hand as he defeats the undefeated RuRu, becomes US Champion & begins finding a persona NOT at the experience of the main event.

Cena meanwhile enters into a feud with the Game (yes HHH since there tied 1 win a piece @ WM 22 & NOC 08) I'm sure #UN-Creative could craft a storyline to have the two face off. Sting & Taker happens while Sting can STILL wrestle as Taker looks for redemption from WM XxX, Bray wins the IC Title ladder match.

Now for the main event, Bryan wins the rumble and Heyman works his magic weeks after week Bryan calls out the beast but Heyman says his client can't see Bryan let alone hear him but Paul has an idea for Bryan to get Brock's attention in the weeks that followed Bryan is put into the "Beast's Den" a series of Lesnar's former defeats such as Big Show, Mark Henry & even on a RAW HHH (Cena interferes & Bryan wins by distraction or count out) leading to Bryan putting Paul into the Yes Lock finally, drawing out the Beast as the set up.

Now the match see Brock beats the HELL out of Bryan, sure Bryan gets kick in here & there but NOTHING huge. Instead of pinning Bryan though Brock takes his time allowing Bryan to rattle Brock's skull with a kick that sends him into the ring post cutting Brock open. Now with his vision blurred Bryan gets a few more licks in with a devastating spinning heel kick that nets him only a 2 count, Brock battles back and Bryan enter's suplex city leading to an F-5 but before the 3 Bryan gets a foot on the rope last second. Brock beats Daniel a few more times but that cut over his eye comes into play as he F-5's Bryan for a 2nd time but his vision is off as Bryan's leg connects with the ref knocking him down, Lesnar gets a count of ten but no ref, he toss's the ref out of the ring....

A replacement ref comes down and now Brock is pissed lifting Bryan for a 3rd F-5 (note Bryan hasn't kicked out of ANY of the previous F-5's a foot on the ropes & ref bump saved DB so far) Brock hoist's Bryan up for the 3rd F-5 which Bryan turns into a YES LOCK out of nowhere, is this the moment? Brock looks to TAP....NO....he lifts himself up with Bryan on his shoulder's a bloody mess Brock hits the 3rd F-5 and SETH ROLLINS CASHES IN.....CURB STOMP TO BROCK....PINS DB FOR THE 3!!!!!!!!

Lesnar is as STRONG as ever after beating the streak, Bryan puts up a good fight but is nowhere near a "legit" threat to Brock & Rollins becomes a MEGA heel robbing the crowd of a great match, pinning the most over Babyface & setting up future feuds with both men.

So in the straight up Brock/Bryan match Lesnar is the "winner" but Rollins cash's in and pins Bryan "winning" the title
i like the booking, maybe not 3 f5s though as it took 3 to down takers streak and it really pissed me off that roman took 3 as well
id want brock to hit some of the powerbombs he used to do instead

aside from minor details its a good story, does feel like a desperate plea for bryan to get yet another accolade though

·
The face that runs the List
10,750 Posts

Wait... some people had not realized that yet ?

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,033 Posts

Reactions: B316

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Re: The Observer: WWE is sitll committed to pushing Roman Reigns as the top guy of the company

I think the problem is that Roman has already crossed a certain threshold of no return, and people are still fighting that losing battle or holding out hope that something that has already happened won't come to fruition. Roman's already been solidified as a permanent fixture at the top of the company. He's Raw's biggest full-time star, and he'll continue to be used in a prominent way as he should be. Somehow this whole concept is hard for some to comprehend. Roman isn't some green as grass scrub anymore. His place is already set, and short of something criminal, injury, or worse, it's not changing.

People were complaining that Roman was main eventing which means having the final segment on the show, and that can't be argued because that's exactly what they were whining about; Roman closing the show. So then Roman opened the show and then everyone complained that he got to open it. So it doesn't matter where he is on the card, unless he's treated like an afterthought these whiners will never be satisfied. You'd think these people would be glad the US title is off the preshow and finally the top title doesn't have to get overexposed. But no. Roman hate comes first over all logic and reason, as usual.
Well of course he's not going to get demoted, and after all they did to get him to that point, it's not even smart to do so.

I think you should understand this: everything they do feels finalized to get Roman more prestige or accolades, and nothing more. I by no mean want to "hate" on Roman, but why does the US title have to be moved up the ladder just as soon as he gets involved in its scene? Why can't they elevate the title by giving Rusev meaningful opponents and interesting storylines, like they did with Miz on Smackdown? Why everything Roman does HAS to be bigger than anything else on Raw? It's not that I want him to be an afterthought, but it bothers me a lot that they devalue their main title when their golden boy is not fighting for it, is it Cena or Reigns or whoever. It's almost like they try to tell you "Nothing but what Roman is doing matters".

·
FOTC
10,753 Posts

I'm going to be in LA later today. I'm going to RAW on Monday night. I want to see exactly who is wearing Roman's merchandise, what kind of reaction he gets, and the reaction of all other segments NOT involving him. My friend is going with me too. I just might do a quick Q&A with fans asking their opinion about Reigns. If I'm able to do it I'll upload it on youtube and post it here.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Vince Vince Vince, what are we going to do with you.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Ya know, I'm not even really as opposed to Reigns being the guy as I am to turning him into another "Superman Champ" like Super Cena or Super Hogan. In WWE booking Superman (be it Super Hulk, Super Cena or Super Roman) is boring. Why is it boring? Because Superman always wins and when you've seen him play Superman for the 1000th time then it gets old, and boring because you know without a doubt how the story / angle / match will go - and that simply takes the fun out if.

That's the case regardless of who the WWE is booking as Superman.

FWIW - Cena is actually the most interesting now he has been in years. Why? Because Superman lost clean a few times. It shows he's beatable, it shows he's human, it shows that "Cena Wins LOL!!" isn't a 100% certainty anymore. In short, now we have a story that we don't know the ending of before it even starts. Having Cena lose clean these few times is the smartest thing they have done with him in years.

Cena just loses clean in non important matches.

He even was made to say "I quit" by batista years ago, anyhow he always end up winning in all ppvs

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Reigns' casual appeal is not something you can debate, his fanbase of base on that kind of fans specially, hense he's always the most over act on houseshows and a lot of people buy his merch.

He draws as much as the product draws nowadays, wich is essentialy less than shit.
But you need to be really fucking clueless and stupid not noticed the guys appeal and potential in relation with the rest of bunch of jabronis of the roster.
Oh, so now we are blaming the product as a whole again. So, if he draws as much as the product, what tells you it's not Rollins who draws that? Or Luke Gallows? Or any other "jabroni"? Fact is: you can't say he draws as much as the product.
The last guy you'd call a "jabroni", outdrew Reigns by 1.5 million viewers in 2014.

If Reigns had your "casual appeal", then you didn't have to use the excuse "oh, the product doesn't draw" because then Reigns would actually elevate the product, son.
His merch sales last year were shit compared to the Position he got. What was it, number 4 behind Bryan, aka "guy who was on the main roster for a few weeks that year"?

can you answer this with a simple yes or no

bryan faces brock at mania 31, does he win clean?
Bryan's Running knee is a more legit finisher than the modified Firemans Carry, aka F5, so of course.

I find it funny that people complain about Brock's monster booking in his matches, but then at the same time show how well it works by saying stuff like "lol that guy would be totally unbelievable beating Brock".

101 - 120 of 291 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.