Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AEW has a long way to go I doubt it will ever really compete with WWE. Roman is just levels ahead of everyone as far as a dominant champion, Sasha Banks epitomizes a star Bianca is on her way RKBro is a hit plus AJ and more. I’m glad AEW is around it’s healthy for pro wrestling but they need to chill out with the comparisons plus the wrestlers in AEW aren’t as cool as they think. CM Punk is ok but not really setting shit on fire 🔥,WWE isn’t perfect Big E as champ is a shit show. Kinda excited about King Xavier 🤴🏾 in the end WWE always wins 💯

· Banned
7,171 Posts
Big E was the only New Day member I had high hopes for but he's still doing his dumb comedy gimmick just like Kofi did when he was champion. Not been impressed with his promos so far. I actually laughed outloud when Seth buried them all yesterday in a promo.

I actually think Jinder was a better champion than Kofi and from the looks of it so far, will likely be a better champion than Big E. Big E still feels like a comedy midcard guy. Jinder atleast changed his look, presentation, etc.

· Registered
2,613 Posts
Big E and New Day are what they are. They’re basically in the same boat as The Miz, and that’s not necessarily a knock.

They’re a midcard, comedy act, that remains over despite doing some really cringey shit, routinely. However, they’re good hands, and are versatile, so they have a few different ways to take up up tv time, which is very important.

They are not, however, with those gimmicks and history of booking, a main event act. Seth is crushing his current gimmick and should take the title off of Big E and carry it to WM imo. 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
Galaleroy
2,611 Posts
To each their own. I think the major difference with aew and wwe, is everything being centered around 1 person. Smackdown without roman and the bloodline is just meh. Removing 1 star from aew doesn't automatically make it a bad show. AEW also has so many more fresh matchups they can give. Thinking of Danielson vs just about anyone sounds like a dream match.

· Registered
3,176 Posts
AEW has a long way to go I doubt it will ever really compete with WWE. Roman is just levels ahead of everyone as far as a dominant champion, Sasha Banks epitomizes a star Bianca is on her way RKBro is a hit plus AJ and more. I’m glad AEW is around it’s healthy for pro wrestling but they need to chill out with the comparisons plus the wrestlers in AEW aren’t as cool as they think. CM Punk is ok but not really setting shit on fire 🔥,WWE isn’t perfect Big E as champ is a shit show. Kinda excited about King Xavier 🤴🏾 in the end WWE always wins 💯

Meh, opinions are like assholes... every has one and most of them stink!

U think WWE is better than AEW 😂 I'd say the opposite. If it weren't for Styles Id have no reason to still be watching Raw or WWE for that matter

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been enjoying wwe more lately. Roman Reigns and the bloodline of course. Wwe will be ok with Bron Breaker,Kross,Veer,King Xavier, Austin Theory, Carmelo,Odyssey Jones and Riddle. Give them time.

They need to bring up Walter. Where is Davey Boy Jr?
Definitely I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not a fan of Big E at all, the guy does not come off as a main event talent at all, he belongs in the midcard.
Yea his whole character screams Midcard

Big E was the only New Day member I had high hopes for but he's still doing his dumb comedy gimmick just like Kofi did when he was champion. Not been impressed with his promos so far. I actually laughed outloud when Seth buried them all yesterday in a promo.

I actually think Jinder was a better champion than Kofi and from the looks of it so far, will likely be a better champion than Big E. Big E still feels like a comedy midcard guy. Jinder atleast changed his look, presentation, etc.
Wow I actually thought Jinder was dope as champ also not perfect but way better than Kofi and E. Big E is horrible as a solo act

Big E and New Day are what they are. They’re basically in the same boat as The Miz, and that’s not necessarily a knock.

They’re a midcard, comedy act, that remains over despite doing some really cringey shit, routinely. However, they’re good hands, and are versatile, so they have a few different ways to take up up tv time, which is very important.

They are not, however, with those gimmicks and history of booking, a main event act. Seth is crushing his current gimmick and should take the title off of Big E and carry it to WM imo.
Yea Seth is awesome they’re definitely taking that belt of E soon he’s horrible Miz on the other hand is great I just think he has the wrong face it’s too stupid looking but he’s main event to me love the Miz

To each their own. I think the major difference with aew and wwe, is everything being centered around 1 person. Smackdown without roman and the bloodline is just meh. Removing 1 star from aew doesn't automatically make it a bad show. AEW also has so many more fresh matchups they can give. Thinking of Danielson vs just about anyone sounds like a dream match.
Good point without Roman it’s a little trash but AEW doesn’t have the production value yet it still feels like WCW nitro light I can’t fully invest but I’m trying I don’t hate it I just hate their arrogance towards WWE

Meh, opinions are like assholes... every has one and most of them stink!

U think WWE is better than AEW I'd say the opposite. If it weren't for Styles Id have no reason to still be watching Raw or WWE for that matter
We all love wrestling for different shit, me personally I need high production and good storylines I don’t hate wrestling but without a great story or great character the wrestling is not entertaining. AJ is the man we definitely agree there

· Registered
12,980 Posts
Good point without Roman it’s a little trash but AEW doesn’t have the production value yet it still feels like WCW nitro light I can’t fully invest but I’m trying I don’t hate it I just hate their arrogance towards WWE

I thought I was the only one. I prefer aew ppvs over dynamite. Dynamite is hard too watch.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the problem with both WWE and AEW is that they give away potential big matches for free. Kevin Owens vs Big E should have been saved for ppv. Use tag team and multi tag teams matches to build towards the ppv. That's just simple booking.
I agree I hate watching main event matches on Raw or smackdown shit should be saved to PPVs but too much money is invested now they have to hot shot and throw these matches on smh

· Registered
60 Posts
I think the problem with both WWE and AEW is that they give away potential big matches for free. Kevin Owens vs Big E should have been saved for ppv. Use tag team and multi tag teams matches to build towards the ppv. That's just simple booking.
I disagree. You gotta keep the audience interested, now that AEW is putting steller matches on TV. WWE has to compete on free TV.

· Registered
Galaleroy
2,611 Posts

Can't disagree with that sentiment. I really hate that aew takes little digs at wwe whenever they get the chance. The one exception though, is when Tony speaks on the counterprogramming. That would piss me off too. There's no reason both companies can't coexist. It feels like wwe goes out of their way to hurt aew's business tho..

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't disagree with that sentiment. I really hate that aew takes little digs at wwe whenever they get the chance. The one exception though, is when Tony speaks on the counterprogramming. That would piss me off too. There's no reason both companies can't coexist. It feels like wwe goes out of their way to hurt aew's business tho..
WWE goes out of their way to hurt them because of the cheap shots WWE can see that AEW is really smelling themselves and they find it insulting like who are you what have you done?. Eric could’ve talked shit to WWF back then because the NWO was incredible AEW talking just to talk because all the internet Indy fans are in their pocket. 💯

· Registered
3,648 Posts

I find WWE to be too overproduced to the point it hurts your eyes. Plus the constant cuts during matches. AEW could add a modicum of colour to the Dynamite set but apart from that it looks way more like a pro wrestling show.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.