Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, go easy on me....

I've been a long time wrestling fan but I'm starting to lose interest fast. I get together every Monday with 6 other people to watch RAW but Its getting harder and harder to show up every Monday. IMHO the PG era needs to go back to TVMA, I miss my ADULT ENTERTAINMENT. (Spare the jokes) I miss the good ole days with Stone Cold and The Rock.

This GM thing also needs to end. If I hear Cole say "And I quote" much longer, I think my head is going to explode. I don't how much longer I can stand it. I'm hearing that it might be awhile before we find out who it is.. I wonder if WWE even cares about its fans. I know most of the fans are sick of this whole GM thing. It needs to end, and end SOON..

The scripts IMHO aren't believable anymore. Not that they were literally believable at all but to have Cena fired if he doesn't listen to Wade Barrett is down right ridiculous. Cena is the face of wrestling right now. He gets the biggest pop of anybody, and to have him fired would be just down right stupid business wise. There's absolutely no surprises anymore, (Except for Sheamus losing to Santino, that was pretty cool) when was the last time anybody won inside the ring, without cheating, and without using their finishing move? I just wonder if the script writers ever think about stuff like this?

Anyways, sorry for the rant but I just had to get some things off my chest. I"m just a long time suffering wrestling fan that just wants some changes or I'm going to lose interest and just stop watching. Does anybody else feel the same way?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but if you can't watch it anymore, then don't watch it anymore ;).

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
You just answered your own question. Either watch or GTFO, and since you don't want to watch, GTFO. PG is here to stay.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Does anybody else feel the same way?
Not really, i'm still enjoying the product. They still provide good wrestling matches every week and Nexus storyline is quite interesting to follow. Maybe you should take a break from watching WWE for awhile then, nobody forces you to keep watching.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I agree, RAW just plain sucks nowadays. It's been many months since I've actually enjoyed an episode.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I"m just a long time suffering wrestling fan that just wants some changes or I'm going to lose interest and just stop watching. Does anybody else feel the same way?
No.

Does there have to be a new thread for every personal opinion?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Horrible booking (for kids) makes it unwatchable.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I've said it before. Its not PG thats ruining it. Its that instead of making a wrestling show sutible for kids there making a entertainment show for kids.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
The problem is the terrible booking and the fact that the show is so watered down. They need to quit with all this "entertainment" crap and realize that they are a wrestling company weather they like it or not.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
They've isolated fans by pushing Cena above everyone when clearly arenas have rebelled against him....they don't sell out like they used to...PPV buyrates in 2010 have been embarassing quite frankly....there's no buzz. You can't go back to the Hogan way of doing things with fans..not after the Attitude Era. It's no wonder crowds are so iffy and half quiet with the exception of hot cities like Seattle or Montreal.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
The problem is the terrible booking and the fact that the show is so watered down. They need to quit with all this "entertainment" crap and realize that they are a wrestling company weather they like it or not.
That will never happen Vince has always hated the face that some people still look at his company as a wrestling company as for many, many years.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
It's not as good as it was, but is watchable and makes me tune in every week. If you don't like it that much instead of wasting your time bitching on here just stop watching it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
All due respect, but if you're finding it unwatchable - don't watch it?

I am by no means suggesting it's the perfect product, but there's still plenty going on that I'm still enjoying.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I know you are new and all but these kind of threads will only get you flamed. People are sick of hearing about other people's grievances regarding the WWEPG debate. PG will be around for a long time, it makes them a shit load of money in merchandise, it gets rid of some of the negative press they have been getting since the Benoit incident and its easier to attract sponsors.

The problem lies with the writers and the lack of logical booking.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts