Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
Nope. Austin's happy doing his own thing. I'm sure he'll come back eventually, but I doubt highly there is anything planned out.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,550 Posts
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but gonna put my faith in Austin/Punk for WM 30. Not gonna be too disappointed if it doesn't happen but I really wanna see it.

Can you imagine if we got Cena vs. Taker, Brock vs. Rock and Punk vs. Austin? Greatest buyrate of all time, no doubt.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but gonna put my faith in Austin/Punk for WM 30. Not gonna be too disappointed if it doesn't happen but I really wanna see it.

Can you imagine if we got Cena vs. Taker, Brock vs. Rock and Punk vs. Austin? Greatest buyrate of all time, no doubt.
That should be happening this year instead of stupid rematches

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
They better be trying to line SOMETHING up, because him missing Raw 1000 and then the 20th Anniversary shows was absolute horse shit - even though his reason for not being at Raw 1000 was legit. Hell, WWE not having any other legends at the 20th Anniversary show was horse shit on its own.

·
Banned
1,345 Posts

You really wanna see Austin return and get completely overshadowed by Rock, Brock, Cena etc..?

Why do people want Austin/Punk over Austin/Cena? Punk isn't a star, Even Rock/Punk is not working, see RAW breakdown this last two weeks -

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12740954-post303.html

Stone Cold Vs John Cena. Austin = Face of Attitude era, Cena= Face of Pg era, writes itself FFS.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
They better be trying to line SOMETHING up, because him missing Raw 1000 and then the 20th Anniversary shows was absolute horse shit - even though his reason for not being at Raw 1000 was legit. Hell, WWE not having any other legends at the 20th Anniversary show was horse shit on its own.
Maybe he just said no. I'm sure WWE called to gauge his interest in the WWE 20th anniversary show, and he said he couldn't. I think he wrote about some Vegas hunting convention or something.

I place a lot of blame on WWE for a lot of things, but not this. I genuinely think Austin is just disinterested at the moment. He's content with his ranch and driving tractors around all day.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Austin is the greatest superstar in the history of wrestling and any return SHOULD be big and treated as such. One problem after he retired was he appeared too much and it sort of killed the magic (the GM bullshit and returning to be guest referee every week). Having him off TV for a long time until they have something important for him is perfect because then he'll get the reaction he deserves.

·
20,550 Posts
That should be happening this year instead of stupid rematches
Agreed. I can't really get excited about Rock/Cena II or HHH/Brock II at all.

You really wanna see Austin return and get completely overshadowed by Rock, Brock, Cena etc..?

Why do people want Austin/Punk over Austin/Cena? Punk isn't a star, Even Rock/Punk is not working, see RAW breakdown this last two weeks -

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12740954-post303.html

Stone Cold Vs John Cena. Austin = Face of Attitude era, Cena= Face of Pg era, writes itself FFS.
Rock isn't that much bigger than Austin on a wrestling show, he is still relevant enough and has a huge fanbase. And Rock/Punk has been great so far except for the Rock Concert. Ratings don't mean shit and never will. And Austin vs. Cena will never happen, Austin only wants to face Punk, he would destroy Cena on the mic worse than Rock ever did.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Overrated broken-down stubborn redneck...

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
Rock isn't that much bigger than Austin on a wrestling show, he is still relevant enough and has a huge fanbase. And Rock/Punk has been great so far except for the Rock Concert. Ratings don't mean shit and never will. And Austin vs. Cena will never happen, Austin only wants to face Punk, he would destroy Cena on the mic worse than Rock ever did.
Austin at his peak was the biggest draw ever in history, no doubt. But Rock is much bigger than Austin right now. The WM card you suggested would certainly do the biggest buyrate but Austin wouldn't be a factor, he would be in the same position that Chris Jericho was at WM 28. Ratings does matter.

Austin needs Cena to Main event wrestlemania. Point blank.

·
20,550 Posts
Austin is way bigger than Jericho, you really are out of your element on that subject. Steve Austin competing wouldn't effect the buyrate? Did you actually type that without laughing?

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
@K.W.H.

Look its simple,

Austin vs Punk would be completely overshadowed at Mania.
Austin vs Cena will be the main event that closes the show + the key drawing match.

Which one do you want Austin to go for when he returns?

·
20,550 Posts
I don't want to see Austin vs. Cena. Rock/Cena was bad enough. Cena would just smile and act corny and would ruin it. The promos and match between Austin and Punk would be classic.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Too bad for you then that Austin himself has said that if he were to work 1 more match, it would be with Cm Punk.
Umm..No he didn't. He has named Cena plenty of times because he knows Punk is a star.
The Sun, 9/26/2011

STEVE AUSTIN'S dream final wrestling match would be against current WWE star CM Punk.

Stone Cold retired due to injury in 2003 after battling The Rock at WrestleMania XIX but has since built a successful career as a movie star.

His latest release, Born To Fight, is out on DVD next week and the grappling legend reckons his current Twitter banter with Punk could turn into a full-blown scrap at WWE's showpiece pay-per-view event.

Austin, who was the face of the WWE’s revamped Tough Enough series, told SunSport: "I think Punk is a great guy.

“I’d say he looks up to me for what I did in the ring back in the day — and I look up to him for what he is doing now. I’d say it’s a case of mutual respect.

“I hear the stories and if the stars aligned and all things worked out to benefit us all — the WWE, myself and Punk — I’d say that he is the guy I’d pick to face.

“I'm sure I could get another match out of this carcass of mine.”

Austin, 46, had a taste of what it would be like to step back in the ring at WrestleMania when he officiated the Michael Cole-Jerry Lawler match at this year’s event — which also featured his close friend and mentor Jim Ross.

He added: "Mania was a lot of fun. If you can’t be one of the guys in the ring competing, why not be the guy who is pulling the strings in there instead?

“I enjoyed the experience and it’s always fun to be in a WWE ring. I really get the fans and they still appreciate what I’ve done and continue to do.

“WWE has changed, it was a lot edgier in my day, but things do move on and that was my time I guess.

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
I don't want to see Austin vs. Cena. Rock/Cena was bad enough. Cena would just smile and act corny and would ruin it. The promos and match between Austin and Punk would be classic.
Classic thats gonna be utterly overshadowed by Dwayne Johnson, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H etc...

Fuck punk. I don't want no classic match(and it's not possible with punk, Cena is a better worker anyway) I just want Austin to be in the spotlight, main event, draw money and close the show ONE LAST TIME. Thank you.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Austin vs Cena just wont work in promos. Cena is too childish for Austin. Punk vs Austin is just better period cause it tells a better story. and Austin vs Punk would be the biggest draw on the card espically if Rock vs Cena is happening again

121 - 140 of 164 Posts