Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
WrestleMania Chamber is a fucking horrible name. It doesn't roll off the tongue, and it dilutes the WrestleMania branding yet further.

If they're doing it at Blood Money why not just refer to it as "The Chamber" and call the event the usual Crown Jewel or Super Showdown? Or call it No Way Out?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Sounds absolutely awful. But whatever, the Elimination Chamber hasn't meant anything since they went PG, so who cares? I'm glad I stopped watching this product every week. On the odd week I tune in every few months, its garbage. I don't know how people do this to themselves.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
"The Chamber" would be better than putting Wrestlemania anywhere near it. Really should just keep calling it the Elimination Chamber, or eliminate the PPV event and only bring back the match when appropriate.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,257 Posts
They're worried Elimination Chamber has negative connotations because of the word 'chamber' and then decide to replace the word 'elimination'?

Yes, that sounds like WWE alright.

Just paint it red like HIAC and call it the Crimson Chamber. Unless it's already red? Actually, who cares?

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
They're worried Elimination Chamber has negative connotations because of the word 'chamber' and then decide to replace the word 'elimination'?

Yes, that sounds like WWE alright.

Just paint it red like HIAC and call it the Crimson Chamber. Unless it's already red? Actually, who cares?

Wait since when did chamber have negative connotations? lol Chamber just means room or hall.

There is the verb usage of it that means to load a gun. But that's clearly not the intention of the name "Elimination Chamber"

edit

Oh I missed the first post lol But Eh that only makes sense in Germany.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The worst thing about this will the word Wrestlemania being yelled and repeated Ad nasuem by the commentators throughout Wrestlemania season.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,652 Posts
LMFAO

I can't imagine being someone involved in the WWE who has to sit in the room when someone shouts out 'LETS NAME THIS WRESTLEMANIA CHAMBER' and have others happily agree it's a good name when it's clearly bullocks.

·
Molly Mayhem on your doorstep at 3am
865 Posts
Wrestlemania is the very last big thing that they have. It's the backbone that's saving them.

Putting Its name before ppvs will not make these ppvs more important. It'll do the opposite. It'll drain whatever starpower that is left in the Wrestlemania brand.

Good to see WWE falling.

·
This is my show now
1,522 Posts
WrestleMania Chamber is a fucking horrible name. It doesn't roll off the tongue, and it dilutes the WrestleMania branding yet further.

If they're doing it at Blood Money why not just refer to it as "The Chamber" and call the event the usual Crown Jewel or Super Showdown? Or call it No Way Out?
Probably to push the idea that they are bringing a Wrestlemania-like PPV to Saudi.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brock vs. Edge. vs. Lashley vs. Styles vs. Big E vs. Balor.

This needs to be the main event. Give us Brock in the chamber match already.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,243 Posts
Don't care what they call it really but I'm accustomed to it being called 'Elimination Chamber' so keep it if you will.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Honestly, I would be happy if it meant removing the Elimination Chamber and just having it at Wrestlemania for the IC or the US title. Wrestlemania is better with those crazy, multi-men matches like Money in the Bank.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
If they want to push a brand thing for the Middle East, I know Wrestlemania is their best one to milk but why not establish ‘Greatest’ as the thing over there? They had the Greatest Royal Rumble, they can push sticking ’Greatest’ in front of match types as their thing. Awful I know, but the shows aren’t for us anyways.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts