Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, this is not an "attitude era is better" rant. Its more an observation on the current roster and their paths. In my mind, as much as i love seeing Lesnar, The Rock etc on the product again, i do fear that it is causing alot of problems for the rest of the roster. You look at Raw for the past 6 months and, rightly so, the main focus has been those 2 and their feuds with Cena. But after that, what has there been? The WWE title is now very much 2nd billing on Raw and a PPV whereas before it really was the be all and end all. Especially on Raw, you have Santino as a ridiculous US champ yet there is no reason he has it and nobody to challenge him. Miz, who was just on Superstars this week, is facing him in the pre match on sunday. Why? For what reason do they just throw these matches together?

You look through the roster, and there is people who have been there for years, yet are stuck. Ziggler, who is one of the best people on the roster, has barely been pushed at all and when he has its always just been as a filler. He main evented Royal Rumble with Punk, but did anyone think he would win? No, because they have created Punk into a star and they spend about 10 months doing nothing with these mid card guys. Kofi Kingston has been in WWE along time, yet because they have never really pushed him or given the fans the reason to believe he can be at the top, he will never be there. There is alot in the same boat but because they are not given a product to believe in, people just dont care enough, and i dont mean us here on the forums, i am talking about the fans who are at the events, the ones who love or hate Cena, the ones who are not wise to a good wrestler they just want a character to either cheer or boo

Maybe its just because its not long after Mania, but the gap between Cena/Lesnar and the rest is now so big and there is so much focus on it, that everyone else is suffering from a lack of direction. When was there last a really good mid card feud? Cody vs Big Show is semi decent on Smackdown, but thats it. The tag team division is non existant, the US title means nothing. These big names may bring in the money at the big events, but these big names will only go on for so long. In 2 years, when these lot have been and gone, who from the last few years will they rely on to save the product? Because they cannot rely on someone "doing a Punk" every year

Reactions: Chi Town Punk

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
sweet something original

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
I feel the same way. WWE isn't focusing on their full time roster and while they may feel the need to build the show around Lesnar now since Rock is gone, the remainder of the roster is treated as midcarders. And if Extreme Rules doesn't draw big buys, this feud will come off as pointless. From the reaction on RAW tonight, it comes off to me that the fans are already tired of Lesnar.

Four matches at Extreme Rules are WM rematches. I don't recall Ziggler or Kofi being announced as competing and the main titles are treated as secondary titles, the tag titles get basically no recognition and aside from Punk/Jericho, which came off as dumb tonight, and Lesnar/Cena, WWE isn't properly pushing angles.

The bad part is, realistically, where does Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and the midcarders go from here? I don't see the point in Cody regaining the IC Title, as he should be elevated to main event status and I don't see DB regaining the World Title, unless he turns face because ADR is positioned as being the next contender. And what about Ziggler and Kofi, does WWE continue to thrust them into meaningless matches?

Creative has really came off as lazy and appears to have invested the past year focused on Cena, Rock and Lesnar. That explains them dropping the ball with many potentially good angles and not putting thought into building up future stars.

This 3 hour RAW really came off as dull, as it was nothing more than a 2 hour hype show for Lesnar and the other hour they tried to cram the rest of the roster in, majority of that time directed towards the horrible "CM Drunk" angle. I really hope things get better in a hurry.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I feel the same way. WWE isn't focusing on their full time roster and while they may feel the need to build the show around Lesnar now since Rock is gone, the remainder of the roster is treated as midcarders. And if Extreme Rules doesn't draw big buys, this feud will come off as pointless. From the reaction on RAW tonight, it comes off to me that the fans are already tired of Lesnar.

Four matches at Extreme Rules are WM rematches. I don't recall Ziggler or Kofi being announced as competing and the main titles are treated as secondary titles, the tag titles get basically no recognition and aside from Punk/Jericho, which came off as dumb tonight, and Lesnar/Cena, WWE isn't properly pushing angles.

The bad part is, realistically, where does Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and the midcarders go from here? I don't see the point in Cody regaining the IC Title, as he should be elevated to main event status and I don't see DB regaining the World Title, unless he turns face because ADR is positioned as being the next contender. And what about Ziggler and Kofi, does WWE continue to thrust them into meaningless matches?

Creative has really came off as lazy and appears to have invested the past year focused on Cena, Rock and Lesnar. That explains them dropping the ball with many potentially good angles and not putting thought into building up future stars.

This 3 hour RAW really came off as dull, as it was nothing more than a 2 hour hype show for Lesnar and the other hour they tried to cram the rest of the roster in, majority of that time directed towards the horrible "CM Drunk" angle. I really hope things get better in a hurry.
Maybe its time to realize that WWE does not give a fuck anymore as long as there business does not fall off a cliff and maybe understand that no one from the Owner right down to the guys in creative can write shows anymore.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sheamus is really being pushed and becoming a draw, I see him as a true Superstar in the future. Daniel Bryan I'd say is getting a nice push, though they could have waited a little longer to do it. And I'd agree with you that the main focus has been on Cena and his opponents as of late, but that actually does garnish money for them, and that's how they stay afloat.
Point being, I agree that WWE needs to push midcard superstars, or get entirely new better ones to push, but you gotta ask yourself, could you really see these midcard guys as main eventers? Daniel Bryan was pushed well, and I agree, where does he go from there? He works well as a heel or face so he has options. But guys like Del Rio, how many more feuds can he really get into now? It's getting kind of boring, and they need guys to step up. But really, do they just need new guys, or new gimmicks?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I agree, WWE can only bring guys like Lesnar and the Rock back so many times. I wonder what WWE will be like in a decade, it's like they're almost at the end of their rope, slowly running out of trump cards all the while no big time stars are being made to be replacements. I don't know what will happen but the future of the product isn't looking so good.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
The WWE doesn't give a single fuck anymore. Seeing as Rock brought them so much money with merchandise and WM 27&28, they'll go down the former star route as long as the money pours in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Of course they are in trouble.
All they do is bringing back old stars. And they are horrible with making new stars.
I thought giving champions longevity would help them become credible champion, but doesnt look like its working either (CM Punk).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sheamus is really being pushed and becoming a draw, I see him as a true Superstar in the future. Daniel Bryan I'd say is getting a nice push, though they could have waited a little longer to do it. And I'd agree with you that the main focus has been on Cena and his opponents as of late, but that actually does garnish money for them, and that's how they stay afloat.
Point being, I agree that WWE needs to push midcard superstars, or get entirely new better ones to push, but you gotta ask yourself, could you really see these midcard guys as main eventers? Daniel Bryan was pushed well, and I agree, where does he go from there? He works well as a heel or face so he has options. But guys like Del Rio, how many more feuds can he really get into now? It's getting kind of boring, and they need guys to step up. But really, do they just need new guys, or new gimmicks?
If 3 world title reigns dont make him a credible main eventer, I dont know what will.

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
I've been in the danger zone...

Reactions: dougfisher_05

·
Registered
727 Posts

(Y)

You know, you always have well thought out posts man.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
Great post. I can't believe some of you whiners putting down something that's actually well written and thought out on this Forum. I swear, sometimes I feel like people on here suffer from Attention deficit disorder, ether that or they're completely inept at intelligent discussion.

I think the WWE needs a serious overhaul. They need a clear new vision of where they want to take their product in years to come. Here's a few random suggestions..

get rid of some of the old farts backstage that still think were living in 1983, and bring in guys that are in touch with pop culture

change the RAW set

change the bloody intro and theme song

restructure the shows in unpredictable ways

quit relying on cheap second rate slapstick humor to make up 70% of the shows.

give guys oportunities to get over, and when they do, don't pull the rug out from under them, help them in their developement, accentuate their positives and hide their negatives.

get rid of this circus of writers, and keep one or two guys that have a clear and unique vision they can follow through on a consistant basis

get rid of some PPVs, and give the existing ones better names.

have all your demographics represented intelligently, and give everyone that needs them a fresh and original gimmick as much as possible.

there's so many different changes WWE need to impliment, but starting with a few key issues is already a good start.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
According to most of these fucks, my posts are illogical and retarded. Guess thats how it goes when you're dealing with people who can't come up with their own opinions and do what is dubbed as "cool" by the rest of the IWC.
Goham, I endorse 90% of what you say on here every time I read your posts. The other 10% are really just trivial things or my own mark opinions.

That being said the reason we always get crapped on despite having logical and well thought out arguments is because people don't like change and treat Internet forums as "pillows" to take their aggression out on.

The future of WWE though is really looking grim. It's almost too late for WWE to push some of their stars. Lesnar and Cena cannot carry the company for more then a year.

The biggest problem comes from Flair, Hogan, HBK, HHH & Taker not putting a talented up and comer over in a real storyline before they left. Bret was screwed. Austin just kind of left. Rock is the only one trying but it's half assed at best.

Right now WWE relies on returns. In 5 years no one worthwhile will be able to return. I just don't see good things without Vince, JR, Lawler and others. Where can the future even go that isn't generically corporate?

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Goham, I endorse 90% of what you say on here every time I read your posts. The other 10% are really just trivial things or my own mark opinions.

That being said the reason we always get crapped on despite having logical and well thought out arguments is because people don't like change and treat Internet forums as "pillows" to take their aggression out on.

The future of WWE though is really looking grim. It's almost too late for WWE to push some of their stars. Lesnar and Cena cannot carry the company for more then a year.

The biggest problem comes from Flair, Hogan, HBK, HHH & Taker not putting a talented up and comer over in a real storyline before they left. Bret was screwed. Austin just kind of left. Rock is the only one trying but it's half assed at best.

Right now WWE relies on returns. In 5 years no one worthwhile will be able to return. I just don't see good things without Vince, JR, Lawler and others. Where can the future even go that isn't generically corporate?
That's true. WWE isn't trying to elevate talent properly. They resort to bringing guys from the past back but usually have them in feuds with each other. How can you build up future talent by ignoring the current midcard?

WWE is depending too much on select AE stars and Cena.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can see a pretty clear reason for guys like Ziggler, Kofi, Miz, Truth and Rhodes not being pushed. Cena and Orton have already buried all of them, I'm not going to buy a ppv with Kofi vs Cena and Orton vs Ziggler because I already know who will win and I think WWE realises that. That together with hot potato title reigns thanks to MITB and the 2nd belt just makes the roster look shit. The only way a heel wins a title these days is by pinning someone halfway in a coma thanks to that damn briefcase, it makes them look pathetic. So now every midcarder on the roster is a former champ (If this were AE Val Venis and Hardcore Holly are 3 time champs at this point) and you have 2 "Former World Heavyweight Champions" in Swagger and Ziggler jobbing to a joke character and his sock puppet on Raw. That is why they are relying on old stars and novelty acts. They put all their effort into making Cena unstoppable for 7 years and it finally bit them in the arse, you're left with the midcard (Basically the entire roster) 5 worthless belts, the WWE title which still looks like a cheap plastic toy, Rock, Brock and Cena.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts