Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santino was an amusing character because he served as a comedic break and was viewed as an afterthought in the ring. The more dominant he appears in the ring, the less funny he becomes.

No one wants to buy that he could handle his own against these guys. That's not what we've been fed all these years. The underdog angle was amusing at first, but he's slowly transitioning from "fluke" champion into legitimate competitor. And in my eyes, it's just not gonna cut it.

Before long the fans will turn on him if this continues. Mark my words.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They're building his credibility so they can keep putting him on tv against more people rather than just the mid or lower card.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Santino was an amusing character because he served as a comedic break and was viewed as an afterthought in the ring. The more dominant he appears in the ring, the less funny he becomes.

No one wants to buy that he could handle his own against these guys. That's not what we've been fed all these years. The underdog angle was amusing at first, but he's slowly transitioning from "fluke" champion into legitimate competitor. And in my eyes, it's just not gonna cut it.

Before long the fans will turn on him if this continues. Mark my words.
Agreed. The whole cobra gimmick, a mandible claw rip off, is annoying. I liked him better when he was with Maria and was a heel.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
The problem was putting the damn US Championship on him. Santino should never be used for anything other than comedy jobber who wins a few matches here and there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this is the best that they've ever booked Satino to be honest, I don't see what's wrong with it at all.
He's being booked as a legitimate competitor after years and years of being a joke and an afterthought. Not only that, but his slapstick comedic routine continues even while he's being pushed.

It's not funny when he's winning. Sooner or later fans aren't going to want to accept the fact that a comedian is beating up legitimate wrestlers, and before you know it he's getting booed.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The problem was putting the damn US Championship on him. Santino should never be used for anything other than comedy jobber who wins a few matches here and there.
Well the match he was in this week and what Cole was saying suggests he'll be going into a feud with Cody and something tells me a title's going to be on the line soon enough so maybe he won't have that title for long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.