Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,089 Posts
Awesome then he can be the 2010's version of Big Bossman eating pins for Roman.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
His build, eventually leading to the Cena feud was epic and Lana became a star due to it too. Then they fucked them both up and haven't done much to help them since...all of a sudden a face turn is supposed to work?

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Terrible idea, they should keep Rusev heel. If they would push him right a 1-2 punch of Owens and Rusev would be pretty good for RAW.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Well on the one hand, the generic "anti-American heel" is tired and played-out by this point. And Rusev has the chops to make for a likeable, and funny, babyface.

On the other hand, WWE seems to not know how to write a good babyface these days. If they get over (Bayley, Becky, etc), it's largely due to their own charisma and charm, not the writing.

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Oh dear, I want to say I am hopeful but this is WWE we are speaking of, they'll make this guy face and he'll be in kiss-o-grams and dance-offs in weeks afterwards

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
To be fair, he's been treated like a babyface in the feud against Roman Reigns anyways. I started empathizing for Rusev and not Roman since Reigns always had the upperhand on him. But yeah, I don't want him to be a full fledge babyface. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

·
From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,654 Posts
I'm not sure if it could work or not, but whatever it takes to get Rusev, a complete and total package, into the main event, I'm all for it.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Please don't, it'll ruin him, and I actually like Rusev.
Not if he is booked to kick the ass of Braun Strowman and look like legit bad ass doing it. Rusev just can't be booked like a comedic act. He is sells the tough guy look well. Use that to the creative advantage that it provides. There are too many cookie cutter "face" talents on the roster. Rusev just shows up a kicks some ass.

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
I love Rusev and he's a naturally funny guy so he could incorporate some humor into his segments, but I hope they don't go full blown comedy gimmick. They should just have him be a guy that wants to win titles and prove himself by completely steamrolling everyone he faces; like what Reigns was supposed to be, but less convoluted.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,521 Posts
Not if he is booked to kick the ass of Braun Strowman and look like legit bad ass doing it. Rusev just can't be booked like a comedic act. He is sells the tough guy look well. Use that to the creative advantage that it provides. There are too many cookie cutter "face" talents on the roster. Rusev just shows up a kicks some ass.
Ideally...but this is WWE though, and Rusev isn't one of the chosen ones so there's a better chance he becomes a comedy jobber face.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ideally...but this is WWE though, and Rusev isn't one of the chosen ones so there's a better chance he becomes a comedy jobber face.
Rusev just got jobbed on RAW to Sami Zayn. What a disaster Rusev truly looks like a total geek now and has no credibility whatsoever. It wasn't enough that Roman destroyed him they also had to job him to some indy midget.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Rusev should've beaten Reigns or at least retained. Anyone that thinks Reigns being in the MIDCARD is a good thing, is a wrong wrestling fan.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts