Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Simple WWE IQ test.
Read the fact, determine if you already knew it, tally up your points, let us know what you scored, maybe what you knew and what you didn't.

* Although Shawn Michaels retired in 1998 and Bret Hart retired in 2000. Both men returned from retirement but it was indeed the largely inactive 'Hitman' whose career ended last. Bret won the US Championship from The Miz on 5/17/2010. Whilst Shawn Michaels was retired at WrestleMania 26, one month earlier.
5 points

*Goldberg has never cleanly been defeated in his entire pro wrestling career WWE + WCW. Only one defeat in WWE ended in pinfall, against Triple H for the championship in 2003 with the interference of Evolution.
4 points

*Hardcore Holly celebrated in the ring with Bret Hart at WrestleMania 10 when Hart defeated Yokuzuna for the WWF Championship.
3 points

*John Cena often stands leveraged in backstage interview segments to make him appear taller. One example would be only as recently as Raw that was hosted by Edge and Christian. John Cena appeared just as tall as Christian and almost Edge's height, when indeed he's an inch shorter than Captain Charisma and 4 inches shorter than Edge. The same technique was also used with Andre The Giant and countless other wrestlers over the years.
2 points

*Daniel Bryan was influenced with the 'YES' chant by Diego Sanchez from the UFC.
1 point

* Michael Jackson influenced Chris Jericho's stage pose, Michael Hayes Moonwalk strut, The Miz's ring attire and early days fedora, Bret Hart's military style jackets and countless other professional wrestlers. Mark Henry even danced Billie Jean in the ring once.
5 points

*Muhammed Ali was legitimately going to shoot on some of the wrestlers when he once participated at WrestleMania. It was Pat Patterson that had to hold him back.
4 points

*Lou Albano was in Cindi Laupers 'Girls just wanna have fun' video.
3 points

*Kevin Nash once guest starred on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
2 points

*Jim Neidhart was called 'The Anvil' because of his record setting anvil throws back in his amateur days.
1 point

*According to Brock Lesnar, Kane is the only wrestler in the dressing room that could out-armwrestle him.
1 point

*Chyna once stripped off his (you determine if that's a typo) clothes in a nightclub and jumped into a large fish tank. That was said to be the last straw for Sean Waltman and their on/off relationship.
5 points

*Superstar Billy Graham once stated that he personally injected Hulk Hogan with steroids.
4 points

*Dynamite Kid was the locker room leader in the WWF before The Undertaker came along. At one time, The Honky Tonk Man made a sarcastic joke about Harley Race - a very respected wrestler, behind his back. Dynamite - all 5'8 of him, smacked HTM off his chair and put him in his place as the whole locker room watched. HTM never made a dig at Harley again.
3 points

*Chris Jericho's the only 'Golden Grand Slam' Champion in WWE History. In other words, he's the only wrestler to win all primary world championships available, tag team championships, Intercontinental championship and all tertiary championships.
2 points

*Jerry Lawler was infuriated with Jim Carrey on the set of 'Man On The Moon'. He was tempted to knock Jim Carrey out and only stopped when he realised Jim 'lived' the character of Andy and wanted that reaction out of Jerry all along.
1 point

*The only wrestler to ever appear as himself on the Simpsons was Bret Hart.
1 point

*Hulk Hogan claims Verne Gagne tried to take him down back in the old territory days. Hulk crushed him and went straight to work for Vince.
2 points

*Vince McMahon once had an idea to do an incest angle. Where he would reveal that he and Stephanie were having a baby together. Stephanie stopped it from happening.
3 points

*One of the oldest, longest rumours in WWF history concerns Randy Savage and Stephanie McMahon. The rumour has grown legs over the years because of Vince's inability to ever do business with Randy Savage. He allegedly had a romantic fling with an underage Stephanie McMahon.
2 points

*Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are brothers.
1 point

*Andre The Giant once downed 116 beers in one sitting.
2 points

*Another rumour that has grown legs over the years, The Rock has never had the desire to work with Shawn Michaels because HBK once disrespected his grandmother when Rocky was a teenager.
3 points

*JBL was knocked out cold for 20 minutes by Steve Blackman with a roundhouse kick to the face in an airport.
4 points

*Dynamite Kid injected himself at one time with horse steroids.
5 points

*Vince McMahon always wanted to be a professional wrestler himself. His well publicised creation was the gimmick that has become The Undertaker. But Vince wanted to play an over-the-top billionaire who mocked people with his wealth. He gave that gimmick to Ted DiBiase - The Million Dollar Man. What infuriated the WWF locker room at the time was the Ted got to ride first class, wine and dine with kings and queens in real life whilst they rode coach and were on the road in busses. Vince believed you must 'live' the gimmick and it worked out well for Ted Dibiase, it was all paid by Vince.
4 points

*A young up and coming superstar, Bam Bam Bigalow continued to brag to the locker room about his paydays. The boys were furious. One time Andre beat the tar out of Bam Bam to teach him some respect.
3 points

*John Cena, Shelton Benjamin, Randy Orton, Batista and Brock Lesnar were all products of OVW, WWE's old developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling.
2 points

*Billy Kidman has defeated Hulk Hogan.
1 point

*Booker T once appeared on an episode of 'Charmed' called Wrestling With Demons. Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell made cameos too.
5 points

*Speaking of Scott Steiner, he was involved in a backstage altercation with DDP in the later days of WCW. DDP tried to jump Steiner after an in-ring promo that insulted his wife Kimberly. Steiner regained control of the fight and nearly gauged DDP's eye out. Wrestlers had to pull Steiner off Page, simply because if they didn't, DDP probably would have been dead.
4 points

*Undertaker was furious whilst wrestling Randy Orton in a Hell In The Cell match in the mid naughties. What made Undertaker angry was the fact that he bled during the match and so did Orton's dad. Who has hepatitis. Both Orton Senior and Undertaker contacted throughout the match and Taker was furious that he could have contracted the disease.
3 points

*Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho were responsible for the sudden end to 'blading' in the WWE. During their feud in 2008, Michaels convinced Vince to let him colour a 'little', what happened next was an unforgiving unsanctioned match that convinced WWE's sponsors that one of their wrestlers were severely injured at the hands of another.
2 points

Daniel Bryan, The Brian Kendrick and Lance Cade were all trained by Shawn Michaels.
5 points

What do you get out of 100? Be honest!

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts
Re: WWE IQ Test- What did you score? Cmon! Be honest

Only got 56, but some interesting facts here! Andre demolished 116 beers in one sitting? Fucking tank. Must've been pissing all the time though.

·
Registered
893 Posts

116 beers in one sitting ok what was he sitting for a month ? I don't buy that

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

116 beers in one sitting ok what was he sitting for a month ? I don't buy that
http://beermumbo.com/andre-the-giant/

You've gotta read this dude! I got my source from Hart's book.

According Mike Graham, he witnessed The Giant drink 156 beers in a row. This was backed up by Dusty Rhodes and Michael Hayes.

According to journalist Bill Apter, he sat and watched Andre the Giant and Harley Race pound beers over the period of a day while they were in New Orleans. The Giant drank 125 beers or more during their day together.

What is the most impressive story in my opinion? Apparently, one evening Andre was eating at a restaurant and hadn’t had a drink in a while. He was very cranky that evening and four guys made the mistake of taunting him. After ignoring their antics for a short period of time, Andre had his fill. He followed them out to their car and flipped the entire car over in a rage. Hogan was right, a drunk Giant was a happier giant.

He once drank 119 bottles of beer in six hours…and actually passed out in a hotel hallway. He was so large nobody could budge him. Therefore, his friends hid him with a piano cover. Not a single person touched him while he slept that night. Who would be that stupid?

Andre the Giant drank and estimated 7,000 calories of beer everyday. Considering his beer of choice was usually Molsen Canadian I did the math: 7,000 calories per day ÷ 150 calories per can = 46.6 beers per day. How true this is…I have no idea. Regardless, that is a lot of beer!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

So the second fact says Goldberg only lost one match by pinfall and it was HHH, yet Nash pinned him to end the streak.

EDIT: The Man on the Moon thing sounds wrong, that's not how he recalls it in his podcast with Austin. He says that Carey was told he couldn't take the Piledriver and a stunt double had to do it instead, then Carey wanted to take it but Lawler told the producer and stopped it from happening really pissing Carrey off. Jim then grabs a mic and starts telling the crowd Lawler was scared to do the piledriver on Carrey and going nuts at him before Lawler snaps and takes him down before being dragged off. Jim then wanted him taken off the film and Lawler heard nothing for a long time before being told they wanted him back to finish filming his final scenes.

Starting to doubt these facts :p

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

54/100

As an addition to the Vince incest story, I'm sure I read after the idea of him Fathering Stephanie's baby was shot down, he proposed Shane be the Father instead.

·
Banned
371 Posts

http://beermumbo.com/andre-the-giant/

You've gotta read this dude! I got my source from Hart's book.

According Mike Graham, he witnessed The Giant drink 156 beers in a row. This was backed up by Dusty Rhodes and Michael Hayes.

According to journalist Bill Apter, he sat and watched Andre the Giant and Harley Race pound beers over the period of a day while they were in New Orleans. The Giant drank 125 beers or more during their day together.

What is the most impressive story in my opinion? Apparently, one evening Andre was eating at a restaurant and hadn’t had a drink in a while. He was very cranky that evening and four guys made the mistake of taunting him. After ignoring their antics for a short period of time, Andre had his fill. He followed them out to their car and flipped the entire car over in a rage. Hogan was right, a drunk Giant was a happier giant.

He once drank 119 bottles of beer in six hours…and actually passed out in a hotel hallway. He was so large nobody could budge him. Therefore, his friends hid him with a piano cover. Not a single person touched him while he slept that night. Who would be that stupid?

Andre the Giant drank and estimated 7,000 calories of beer everyday. Considering his beer of choice was usually Molsen Canadian I did the math: 7,000 calories per day ÷ 150 calories per can = 46.6 beers per day. How true this is…I have no idea. Regardless, that is a lot of beer!
A reason why he didn't live for very long.

Btw 37/100.... damn. :(

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
HBK ⚜️ SAINTS ⚜️ CSRO
2,734 Posts

I will be honest, I would score in the 20's out of those facts. It's not that they're surprising facts, but it's almost like a lot those would all come from reading many different books or wrestler bio's...

Like John Cena purposely stands a certain way during backstage interviews... it makes perfect sense, just hadn't actually read it before.

I've always known many of those guys came out of OVW, but there was at least two of them I wouldn't have mentioned.

That DDP Steiner story was one of the first things I remember from reading IWC or wrestling forums back at the end of 2000...

I only scored myself on what I knew 100% of...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These aren't particularly difficult questions, to be honest.
Well fair enough, but from people's scores and your inability to provide one, id like to think there were some challenging facts included here!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Goldberg got pinned by Nash/100
Not in WWE he didn't/100 and also; was it a clean victory regardless? He was stunned by Scott Hall

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,906 Posts
Flair also talked about Andre's ability to eat and drink. Listen to most of the old-timers talk about Andre and they are truly in awe of him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts