Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
ROH is her best bet. Considering her alleged use of racial slurs in the past, and her denials about it while she has this negative persona sometimes just adds fuel to the fire that she is difficult to work with

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,228 Posts
AEW needs her a lot more than the WWE, and I don’t honestly think the WWE would be that interested.
AEW needs her more, but I am not so sure they are willing to drop their "actual stuff" and rebuild the division around Tessa. AEW needs to adapt their program for her and she could be the saviour for the women division.
In WWE they would put here into NXT first I guess, but NXT women division is already working well, so Tessa had to adapt. It could take years until she is a big number in the main shows.

She's burned bridges with Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Matt Bloom, William Regal, Sara Amato, and other various highups in WWE.
I doubt Steph and HHH put their veto in and the other guys are just hired and will do what is best for the company. So if Tessa doesn`t make trouble in the beginning, it will be okay.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,160 Posts
This. Impact put all the eggs in her basket and she shat all over them with the way she left. Being Impact world champion wasn't enough for her, what's going to happened when she's asked to put over Charlotte?
If she's getting paid more than she's worth she may not kick up a fuss about it but her bad behavior is uncalled for.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
ROH is her best bet. Considering her alleged use of racial slurs in the past, and her denials about it while she has this negative persona sometimes just adds fuel to the fire that she is difficult to work with
ROH has a worse women's division than WWF did in 1998 and that division was pretty much just Sable Jaqueline and Luna. It is literally no female wrestler's best option currently. Imagine having to wrestle Mandy Leon and Velvet Sky and a past her prime(let's face it she was never THAT good of a wrestler, to begin with) Angelina Love for the next two years of your career. It would be enough to cause someone to retire from the business.

AEW needs her a lot more than the WWE, and I don’t honestly think the WWE would be that interested.
AEW needs her more, but I am not so sure they are willing to drop their "actual stuff" and rebuild the division around Tessa. AEW needs to adapt their program for her and she could be the saviour for the women division.
In WWE they would put here into NXT first I guess, but NXT women division is already working well, so Tessa had to adapt. It could take years until she is a big number in the main shows.

I doubt Steph and HHH put their veto in and the other guys are just hired and will do what is best for the company. So if Tessa doesn`t make trouble in the beginning, it will be okay.
Any company's women's division would be a better division with someone as talented as Tessa a part of it. AEW can't book its division for crap and they are down two of there better/more recognized talents already with Britt and Kris out currently so they could use her. ROH needs to rebuild it's division significantly and certainly needs an influx of talented performers to do so but as I said it is a wasteland right now. WWE is down Becky Lynch for the foreseeable future and depending on who or what report you choose to believe Charlotte could either be gone for six weeks or 6 months. Tessa already works a North American style and is much further along in her development as a complete performer than anyone in NXT currently and could slot right in as a BETTER version of what they could have been doing with Shayna on the main roster.

I would have been pleased about this about 3 years ago until her attitude problem came to the surface.

Throughout the history of wrestling, there has been an innumerable amount of performer with attitude problems and skeletons(alleged or otherwise) in their closet. The issue is and always will be if a performer is worth putting up with their baggage. I'd argue that on her talent and youth Tessa is probably worth that risk especially in the long run especially if she can manage to be on her best behaviour.

A recipe for disaster.
HBK, three letters that blow any of this recipe for disaster nonsense out of the water.

This. Impact put all the eggs in her basket and she shat all over them with the way she left. Being Impact world champion wasn't enough for her, what's going to happened when she's asked to put over Charlotte?
I'm not quite sure how she shit all over IMPACT, she was on a contract that ended before Slammiversary and they were promoting her for a match ANYWAY all the while knowing that she hasn't been willing to risk contracting a potentially fatal virus to come to work during the current situation. I'm not sure her not sending promos for a match that she was under no contractual obligation to perform in(and likely wasn't going to even if her contract wasn't up 18 days before the show even happens) and wanting to negotiate a level of compensation for her efforts in doing so is something that constitutes shitting on IMPACT.

If you want her to risk her health and perform for you without a contract you better make it worth her while.

If she's getting paid more than she's worth she may not kick up a fuss about it but her bad behavior is uncalled for.

I struggle to understand how anything she did that is being cited as a reason for her getting fired is considered bad behaviour.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,228 Posts
Any company's women's division would be a better division with someone as talented as Tessa a part of it. AEW can't book its division for crap and they are down two of there better/more recognized talents already with Britt and Kris out currently so they could use her. ROH needs to rebuild it's division significantly and certainly needs an influx of talented performers to do so but as I said it is a wasteland right now. WWE is down Becky Lynch for the foreseeable future and depending on who or what report you choose to believe Charlotte could either be gone for six weeks or 6 months. Tessa already works a North American style and is much further along in her development as a complete performer than anyone in NXT currently and could slot right in as a BETTER version of what they could have been doing with Shayna on the main roster.
Better version of Shayna is not really an impressing argument for negotiations with WWE. ;)
Beside that, the NXT women division is fine and other wresling companies would be happy to have that. WWE would build her up there, but it is not like they need her there. AEW does!! I don`t know why you start with Charlotte and Becky, because WWE would not put Tessa as main player into their main shows from the very beginning anyway. Doesn`t matter we think that is a good idea or not.

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
She'll never get the same booking she got on Impact or achieve anywhere near similar accolades in WWE
She isn't going to get the same booking anywhere. AEW isn't going to make her world champion pinning Jericho, Cody or Moxley in mainevent of DON.

WWE is a much higher level than impact so maineventing NXT (which she would do) is a bigger accolade than being champion on impact.

·
Southern Pride
3,387 Posts
Theirs nothing much in AEWs Womens Division now to "rebuild". The only Woman that they have built is Britt Baker (and maybe Nyla) and they are both heels. They wouldn't be phased at all by a Tessa coming in. Shida is.... theirs nothing to her besides that she is Japanese and likes to use a kendo stick. They haven't shown anything that makes me think that they want to build the Division around her. Has to be much more than sticking the belt on her and having her squash someone in seconds. It's basically the Britt Baker division right now and shes hurt.

As far as WWE, they truly have hired wrestlers in the past with known attitude problems. They REHIRED Alberto Del Rio even.

The reality is that whatever is true about Tessa in the past (which was before she was in Impact), it's not going to happen in the future because everyone is aware about it now.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,481 Posts
Tessa would probably get the EC3 treatment in WWE. No way with her reputation they'd put her in any meaningful feud with any of their top women.

This will be her future. The IIconics playing the part of New Day. Wouldn't put this past Vince at all.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
AEW definitely need her more but i'd like Tessa to eventually go to WWE/NXT. I watch both though.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,343 Posts
If she does sign, which brand and who will be fed to her is the the questions we really wanna know.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts