Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tessa Blanchard might just be headed to WWE based on a new report.

Following her departure from Impact Wrestling earlier this week, Dave Meltzer noted on Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has “sent feelers out” to contact Tessa about potentially working together.

As of this writing, there’s no word yet on whether AEW has any interest in signing the former Impact Wrestling star.

Meltzer has stated in the past that while WWE knows how talented Blanchard is, the company didn’t sign her to a developmental deal in the past because of attitude issues. Blanchard’s reputation she had built on the independent circuit in the pro wrestling business has followed her throughout her career.

Of course, Blanchard’s tenure with Impact ended when the promotion decided to strip her of the World Title and terminated her contract despite advertising her for its Slammiversary pay-per-view event on July 18th.

The reason for that is due Blanchard failing to send promos from her home in Mexico for a June episode of Impact. This caused Impact to make changes to the show.

While it was known that Blanchard would have to drop the title because she didn’t want to leave Mexico out of fear that she couldn’t be let back into the country due to the coronavirus pandemic, the two sides couldn’t work out the terms in order to do that. Thus, Impact just made the call to terminate her contract.

Blanchard does have a history with WWE as she’s worked squash matches on NXT TV and been a competitor in the first Mae Young Classic Tournament.
Source: WWE interested in signing Tessa Blanchard? | Wrestling News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Custom User Title
6,453 Posts
Going to say this about the report:

Dave talks up Tessa big time. Like real big time. And he's been saying since at least 2016 that Tessa was WWE bound, but it never ended up true. While other more reliable sources in terms of contracts in WWE have said she is never getting a deal due to her attitude problems. She's burned bridges with Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Matt Bloom, William Regal, Sara Amato, and other various highups in WWE.

And she was also caught leaking news and stories to Dave Meltzer during her brief MYC stint, so I doubt Vince is interested in bringing her in. This is just Dave trying to talk up Tessa as a big deal again.

So until WWE actually announces that she's signed, assume there is no interest on their part due to other sources coming out and disputing Dave's reports on Tessa/WWE many times.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,005 Posts
Well, it's not like WWE has signed talent and not use them, just to keep them away from a non-acknowledged promotion before... oh wait a minute... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hottest free agent even with the issues she's been having. Shouldn't be surprised WWE is going after her, they go after basically anyone.

·
HEADBANGA
22,330 Posts
I'd be surprised if they signed her. She seems like a headache to deal with. She probably wouldn't last too long because a lot the girls would put her in her place real quick. She would be another Austin Aries.

·
Southern Pride
3,387 Posts
Tessa was the World Champ in Impact. Of course she wouldn't get the same booking in WWE. She went as high as anyone could go in Impact and was pushed harder than anyone else there, man or woman.

So any use of her in WWE would be a downgrade. It would be up to her to have reasonable expectations.

Meltzer better not be playing with my heart with this though. I want to see other sources that are credible report that WWE is interested in Tessa first before I believe it.

·
IRAN #1
2,409 Posts
I'm sure there will be a bidding war between WWE and AEW.. Tessa is a hot commodity right now.. She would benefit any women's division.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,211 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if WWE hire her. To pass up the opportunity to have her wrestle Charlotte Flair, no way they're going to miss out on that. I know she has a bad reputation but it's never really stopped WWE in the past. If they think they can control her and she actually shows a willingness to change her ways then WWE probably will hire her.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I'm going to say something that I tried to get through to people in the thread about her firing in the impact section

Talented people almost always continue to get opportunities despite the fact that they may be problematic individuals. It's very common in sports and professional wrestling for that matter. Companies or teams weigh the potential value of a performer of this ilk against the baggage they come with and decide whether or not it's a risk worth taking. Someone like Tessa(and I'm not saying anything about her alleged behaviour in the past or whether or not she has grown since then or if she has taken steps to improve herself as a person because quite frankly I don't know if she has or not and really none of us do) has an immense amount of talent and the potential to improve on her talent a great deal in the coming years as she is still quite young. The question becomes is the potential reward worth the perceived risk in signing her. If WWE or any other company signs her it's safe to say that they believe the reward is higher than the risk.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts